Desktop Computers

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Live anywhere near a Microcenter? They might have the AOC in store for pickup @ $450.

As for the Acer Nitro, 250 nits and not curved are only issues that really stand out. Not familiar with it at all myself though. There's a decent amount of talk about it on UWMR though, including some comparisons to the AOC: reddit.com: search results - XV340CK

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Acer has been selling really good IPS Freesynch monitors like that, with decent prices, for a while. Side notes- flat and low nits don't matter as much with IPS. There is a bit of a lottery in how much backlight bleed/ IPS glow you might get, however.

Crone

Live anywhere near a Microcenter? They might have the AOC in store for pickup @ $450.

As for the Acer Nitro, 250 nits and not curved are only issues that really stand out. Not familiar with it at all myself though. There's a decent amount of talk about it on UWMR though, including some comparisons to the AOC: reddit.com: search results - XV340CK
My buddy lives near one, and his store, according to the website doesn't have it in stock. Shipping it to me might eliminate it's benefit though too. :(

I'll just keep updating Amazon, as this isn't a huge priority, but I've determined that the sub $500 ultra-wides will meet my needs for the games I play, and the FPS that I like.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do most games work well with the 21:9 screens? Seeing as I'm on 1080p atm and have not followed the trend at all with bigger screens.

Will buy the new 30X0 GPU when it hits the market and after that I'll probably save up for a bigger screen.

They seem to be quite expensive at this time, the only "cheap" one i saw around 600 was the AOC 34" CU34G2X.

Might go for a 16:9 1440p and keep the two 24" as side monitors. Its a ways off though, graphics card first but I admit the 21:9 form factor looks neat.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Do most games work well with the 21:9 screens? Seeing as I'm on 1080p atm and have not followed the trend at all with bigger screens.

Will buy the new 30X0 GPU when it hits the market and after that I'll probably save up for a bigger screen.

They seem to be quite expensive at this time, the only "cheap" one i saw around 600 was the AOC 34" CU34G2X.

Might go for a 16:9 1440p and keep the two 24" as side monitors. Its a ways off though, graphics card first but I admit the 21:9 form factor looks neat.

Not sure I’ve played anything that hasn’t worked at 3440x1440p yet myself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Older games can need a fix to work but usually easy enough. Nothing new coming out has had an issue for me at widescreen gameplay, cut scenes on the other hand has lots of black bars that are annoying.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was browsing around and just accidentally the AOC 34".

Hopefully I can sell the old monitors for a buck or two!

• 2Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm pretty dumb when it comes to RAM... can anyone point me to good RAM that will run with this mobo?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty dumb when it comes to RAM... can anyone point me to good RAM that will run with this mobo?

Check the qvl list for that mobo.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Managed to find all of the pieces for my Hackintosh build in stock. Should be a very stable thunderbolt 3 studio machine. Now for the wait on shipping.

This is up and running smooth. A 970 evo plus was giving me trouble till I remembered you had to update the firmware. Also wanted to mention that the be quiet pure base 500dx is close to if not the best $100 case I've ever bought.

500dx.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Check the qvl list for that mobo.
Can you confirm/deny this statement:

Buying RAM that's clocked at a higher speed than my mobo can run it is inefficient because it will come with the higher timings that come with higher clocked RAM but without the faster clocks.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I subscribe to LTT on Floatplane so I see videos early. They've got a video coming on "1usmus workstation tool" that is super interesting. It basically will overclock and undervolt zen 2 for you. It will overclock/undervolt per ccx, and tells you what cores are actually good from a overclock perspective. They got results with slightly more performance and 30 watts less power usage

Crone

I subscribe to LTT on Floatplane so I see videos early. They've got a video coming on "1usmus workstation tool" that is super interesting. It basically will overclock and undervolt zen 2 for you. It will overclock/undervolt per ccx, and tells you what cores are actually good from a overclock perspective. They got results with slightly more performance and 30 watts less power usage
That'd make Zen2 life a lot easier!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Nice. About to buy that AoC from that one seller for $437, and use hotel points to buy it. Lol

Since it's still Prime, if I have backlight bleed or dead pixels I can return it.

Edit: FUCK! That seller is gone now. :(
I have that monitor Crone. Love it. One thing that VA has going for it is colors (dark blacks/vibrant colors) but I do notice a bit of ghost/smudge when dragging dark objects over light backgrounds. Really noticeable in games like POE with the vibrant loot filter shit. Outside of that though haven't really noticed unless I go hunting for it.

• 2Like