Desktop Computers

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
That definitely changes when you have a well vented case. 3700x +stock prism + Meshify C with 2x 140mm fan ($10): 39C idle, 55C gaming, 72C stress testing.

I set the case fans to go based on system temp so they ramp up slowly in gaming, but that took some trial and error in the bios.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry, 72C under load while playing some games. Not extreme benchmarks, just normal game playing. Stock Wraith cooler on slightly OC'ed Ryzen 1700.
That's not bad honestly, but changing your fan profile to cool the CPU should help

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That definitely changes when you have a well vented case. 3700x +stock prism + Meshify C with 2x 140mm fan ($10): 39C idle, 55C gaming, 72C stress testing.

I set the case fans to go based on system temp so they ramp up slowly in gaming, but that took some trial and error in the bios.
Mine runs way hotter - 3900x + DH15 + Meshify C with 4 case fans. Gonna have to check my fan curves now...

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I tried setting the chassi fans to monitor the CPU and it lowered the CPU temp quite a bit, 3080 still sits at 73-74C. It does make the fans rev up a bit more though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I setup some custom fan stuff, not too much different than it was already at. Will have to stress it later to see though.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My r5 3600 will hit high 70's and push 80 under benchmarking on the stock cooler. NR600 Cooler Master case, idle at 35c. It's pretty quiet actually. It sits on my desk arms reach away from my ear. After I benchmarked it I took it off and put a better cooler that I had already ordered. Of course my case stays really cool cause I'm not putting much heat into the case currently GPU wise.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Mine runs way hotter - 3900x + DH15 + Meshify C with 4 case fans. Gonna have to check my fan curves now...

My 3700 is the same. Yours has 4 more cores, though. 71 stress, 60 handbrake. 2x 140mm. It's an ugly case though. I got it for ease of use. HUGE, easy to work on. Cool and quiet. Stress testing just gives off a low whoosh. I have it just below ear level to my right.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have the Define R5 case from Fractal, and stock it comes with a 140mm fan on the front and back. I replaced both of those with Noctua fans and added a fan in the front. So 2 fans pulling air in, 1 exhausting out the back. Will be home this weekend, and will change my fan profile in BIOS to use the CPU temps instead of "mainboard". Excited to see if I can get the temps down and cause less strain on the system overall.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
I had to re-paste that stock cooler when replacing a broken bracket, used Arctic Grizzly. Supposed to be pretty good stuff, could be helping temps.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I changed my fan setup a bit. Not really much change except they ramp up and down a bit more. Might be better to keep mine constant

Jovec

?
Regarding AMD CPU temps... you cannot really make indirect comparisons anymore since motherboards do too many different things today and the way the CPUs boost. My "stock" 3950x in a Crosshair VIII Formula hit 100C with a D15 unning p95 under linux using the mobo's auto settings for voltage and PBO. Conversely, I can set the Vcore to the stock 1.1v and max around 65c at 3.5GHz all core (ie. official stock behavior). I've got it running at 4.0GHz all core @82C and about 4.4 GHz single core @68C.

Also, if you are looking at a NH-D15 get a D15S instead and add a secondary fan. The D15s' offset is just so much better for clearance of the first/top PCIe slot.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Posted in the laser thread, but just finished the distro plate design for my Cerberus X.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
My new 3700X system arrived. Runs nice and quiet. One thing I didn't realise about current gen PCs is how many coloured lights they have inside. CPU fan, ram, fix card all cycling coloured light patterns. Something for my dog to enjoy when he's keeping me company while I work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My new 3700X system arrived. Runs nice and quiet. One thing I didn't realise about current gen PCs is how many coloured lights they have inside. CPU fan, ram, fix card all cycling coloured light patterns. Something for my dog to enjoy when he's keeping me company while I work.
By choice I don't buy many rgb products. It can get gaudy quick

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just set them all to an orange/gold glow so it's kinda like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It's under my desk so I can only see it when I'm entering the room. My labrador who snoozes at/on my feet can see it though!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dunno why but i love the design on the FEs this time around, im almost tempted to SLI 3090s and see how far they can push a G9.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user