Desktop Computers

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I know someone else was following this item also

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gave up on the mATX form factor due to the 3080. Rebuilt the PC today with the Phantek P500a case.

Might get a bigger radiator of the Arctic Freezer II later on, but for now the 240mm will have to do.

I am no RGB fan but this is how it looks on the first boot. Might turn it off later.

Screenshot_20200927-001754_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20200927-001807_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jovec

?
I know you can't find them, but hold off on 3080/3090 until you can confirm your card is 4 POSCAP + 20 MLCC design (or better). Some cards used a 6 POSCAP / 0 MLCC design and have power delivery issues at the highest clocks. Most likely fix for the 6+0 cards already made is a firmware update to reduce the max boost clocks to keep power in check.

(sauce)

Last edited:

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Early AIBs cheaping out caused some 5700xt stability problems before this, and 2080tis before that. I think they take turns fucking up power delivery on motherboards and graphics cards, can never really trust any of them on day 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Asus Tuf with 6 MLCC supposedly also crashing. So might be other issues as well.
There are a lot of people on the internet that never heard of capacitors in their entire life who are all of a sudden experts, so it's not a surprise

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That thing seemed like a complete prototype / engineers messing around.

Scheduled for end of October according to Lian reps

4k120 seems pretty attainable now with these current cards - I was managing to keep above 110 on Destiny 2 max with only shadows reduced for most of my play - If i up to the 3090 im pretty sure i can keep it near locked which is great since the CX tops at 120 anyways. Until they make UW OLED monitors i cant imagine something better to game on.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Anyone ever used the vertical mounts for GPU that some cases have? Was going to buy a cable for the Phanteks mount but seeing how thicc the 3080 is it seems it will sit next to the glass. So not sure that was a good idea.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone ever used the vertical mounts for GPU that some cases have? Was going to buy a cable for the Phanteks mount but seeing how thicc the 3080 is it seems it will sit next to the glass. So not sure that was a good idea.

I'm curious about this also. I was looking at these:

aaaaaa.jpg
image_2020-09-27_093528.png

• 1Like

Jovec

?
With enough space between GPU and side panel it is fine. Helps to have a bit of forced air blowing up too. I have that OD 11 XL case from Brahma's pics with a traditional GPU mount like the second pic but with the bottom intake fans of the first pic.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What AIO are considered the best. Was eyeing the h100i platinum but should I be looking at something else? AM4 compatible

Aazrael

What AIO are considered the best. Was eyeing the h100i platinum but should I be looking at something else? AM4 compatible
Arctic Liquid Freezer II got a really good review by GamersNexus. No RGB on it though if you are into that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Id go with Arctic Liquid Freezer II. The reviews are all great, it outperforms much more expensive alternatives.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice thanks. Don't care about rgb

Looking at comparisons I'm just gonna keep the NH-D15 for now

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Some better sales have probably gone around but Samsung EVO 1tb is on sale atm. Had to grab one thought I'd let people know.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider

Am I likely to have any clearance issues with mid ATX cases like the be quiet! ones? I've never used anything other than full sized before.

How good are the stock AMD coolers? Maybe I don't need the aftermarket one if I'm not planning to OC.

Planning to keep my 1070 for now until the current nvidia situation calms down, also 3000 series are too expensive in AU at the moment.