Desktop Computers

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Since this is the last gen with this socket, I'd be willing to bet whatever their next gen is, is when you will see x670

Id hope its also where we see DDR5 - in a couple years id imagine we could have some 35 inch OLEDs at 240hz - i think that would be the dream right there, 35-38 seem like the sweet spot for monitors for me.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Looks like it will be on Zen4 in 2022 - Sounds about right i figure a 3090 will be good for a couple years atleast.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys, I am trying to build a new pc. I have little to no real experience, although I get the gist generally. I have built a sort of test build on the part picker and I would appreciate feedback/critique. I am TRYING to make a white/frost/cyan build that is top o the line now and modular enough to upgrade so it can last a few years. This is just my initial take and I know there are better lighting setups, I'm just trying to get the basics. Thank you.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Hey guys, I am trying to build a new pc. I have little to no real experience, although I get the gist generally. I have built a sort of test build on the part picker and I would appreciate feedback/critique. I am TRYING to make a white/frost/cyan build that is top o the line now and modular enough to upgrade so it can last a few years. This is just my initial take and I know there are better lighting setups, I'm just trying to get the basics. Thank you.

First step would be to provide a link to your actual list

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Just how much CPU cooling do you need?

Artic 360 AIO (i see 2 but i assume youre aiming for white - but if you cant see it through case you could get the artic and 3 white lian li fans)
Perhaps better off getting 10600k w/ Z490 Asus Prime
Ditch that SSD and get 2 NVME for likely cheaper
Good luck finding that 3090 unless you can chill at work and F5 like me
That case.. odd p3 white version could likely yield you same benefit of being open
ditch those fans and aim for the Lian Li Unifan white 3 pack

the money you could save from swapping parts you could get the Odyssey G9 Possiblynotbrokeedition for $200 more.

• 1Like

pysek

<Gold Donor>
All of this. It's like japanese. All I got was kimochii and onichan but I really like how it sounds.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
All of this. It's like japanese. All I got was kimochii and onichan but I really like how it sounds.

Could tweak it more depending on how much you want that case

Likely not notice difference much in performance unless you just WANT it - can tell you from experience on that.

Thats like another 1k saved or so, then you could swap back to the white AIO since it would actually show on this setup

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I really appreciate your help, thank you.

All suggestions in the end - you always go with what you feel like - The monitor is from amazon for that price - also same at newegg (or close) and its white to match your theme - Get Windows from Ebay from anyone with over 100 reviews for like 35-60 or so

• 1Like

pysek

<Gold Donor>
I'm still in the planning stages. I finally have a generous budget and the new cards and cyberpunk make it seem like the right time to get wet. Thanks again.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm still in the planning stages. I finally have a generous budget and the new cards and cyberpunk make it seem like the right time to get wet. Thanks again.

Well so long as you can secure the GPU the rest should be pretty easy

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Yes, the GPU is naturally the sticking point. I heard that some bat soup guy was stocking up. Thought I could get the bro price off him...

1602527758642.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
1 - Get rid of the liquid cooling and get a Noctua fan instead
2- You're not getting a 3080/3090 any time soon
3 - You can get much better value on hard drives if you're willing to shuck

Pretty sure hes aiming for the white theme -

So i did find this

Looks pretty sweet actually - not sure if Noctua themselves make a white one.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Make sure to get a spinng hard drive with a MFM interface or go all out and get SCSI.....oh wait. Haven't heard of AGP in a long time either.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
PCIe is just such a well defined common spec now that I can't really see anything overtaking it for a long time.

My first cards were pci then agp I think or vice versa. Can't even remember

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Make sure to get a spinng hard drive with a MFM interface or go all out and get SCSI.....oh wait. Haven't heard of AGP in a long time either.
Set your master/slave jumpers correctly too.

PCIe is just such a well defined common spec now that I can't really see anything overtaking it for a long time.

My first cards were pci then agp I think or vice versa. Can't even remember

PCI then AGP.