Desktop Computers

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
isa soundblaster 16 or awe32 pci 2d video card and pci 3d addin card then agp got released w/ double bandwidth and 2d/3d combined.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I love that. If you watch the follow up video, when the guy is driving through the neighborhood burned down... It's unbelievable

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So, first world problems... have a 3090 coming. It's not reasonable to try and mod my case for it to fit the vertical mount for airflow reasons, right?, So should be preparing to retire the AIO and get the Wraith Cooler my 2700X came with?

Pardon the dust/cabling/rgb. This is a View 37. That's a 1080 Ti FE.

View attachment 309365

So ultimately my resolution to this instead of getting a new case and doing a full transplant, was to just get a 1-fan AIO and replace the fan behind the CPU. Was going to put the Wraith cooler on it, but realized we put that in my wife's machine and not sure where her stock cooler ended up.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Buddy wants to sell me his rig because he says he tried over clocking the ram and now it’s in some weird boot loop. He’s gonna bring it to work and see if we can just fix it, but Xexx Xexx how much is this rig worth on the after market? His first shot at a price is basically full retail which I won’t do.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So with a G9 and CX side by side its hard to see why get a G9 - 240hz is broken on the 3000 series or in nvidia drivers in general so it ends up being what would you rather run at 120hz - AR is nice but eh its just doesnt hold a candle to an oled - just wish the oled was smaller

I was however able to get one with no screwed up pixels or lightbleed that i can see so far. I am just likely sending it back

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tree fiddy then you reset the cmos.
He did do that already and disabled the XMP profile just in case. So running at stock speeds, and it boot loops as soon as it hits Windows 10 login. He tried formatting and says it still does it. I'll get the real skinny tomorrow when he brings it in.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Buddy wants to sell me his rig because he says he tried over clocking the ram and now it’s in some weird boot loop. He’s gonna bring it to work and see if we can just fix it, but Xexx Xexx how much is this rig worth on the after market? His first shot at a price is basically full retail which I won’t do.

Tell him $500 or get fucked. It's got a 2070, that's not going to last you very long from this point.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

With depreciation and the gpu market being what it is i wouldnt expect anyone to pay over $600 for that, and thats if youre lucky - Dated low end parts becoming more low end with new cpu's and gpu's coming out - That gpu will be like 200-250 soon on the resell market. The CPU is a toss up since we have to see how shit shifts in the coming month or so.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
2070 for $250? Maybe heavily used and dusted, lol. That shit is still ~$500 new and who the fuck knows when the 3070 will be up and around for plebs to buy. 2022? The 2070 is still a superb card for 1080p and can be used for 1440p as well with good results. I dont see this card fading away soon especially with the shit launch the 3000 series had/has. I would say that card is worth $300-$350 right now.

• 2Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
2070 for $250? Maybe heavily used and dusted, lol. That shit is still ~$500 new and who the fuck knows when the 3070 will be up and around for plebs to buy. 2022? The 2070 is still a superb card for 1080p and can be used for 1440p as well with good results. I dont see this card fading away soon especially with the shit launch the 3000 series had/has. I would say that card is worth $300-$350 right now.

I'll give you like $150. If shipping is included. And if there is a 18 month warranty

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL I dont give a shit what you want to give me for it, I still have the 1070.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Nah man 3070 for $500? and theyre supposed to be hoarding a nice drop for the release date on that just to f up AMD - Then you have AMD also - No way a 2070 will be at $300 a month from now -

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He did do that already and disabled the XMP profile just in case. So running at stock speeds, and it boot loops as soon as it hits Windows 10 login. He tried formatting and says it still does it. I'll get the real skinny tomorrow when he brings it in.
Reset UEFI BIOS to all defaults. Did that fix it? If no it's not a BIOS issue. Less and less settings are stored in the CMOS (maybe not even any), so it's possible he has weird timings stored still. Resetting to defaults will clear EVERYTHING.

Since it's making it to windows, it's probably not a BIOS issue. A stick may be bad. Put memtest 86 on a USB stick and boot straight to that through boot manager in uefi. Run that to determine if you have a bad stick. It might take some time.

Reinstall windows - this may be a bad windows install. You can also try the repair option of a windows installer

Check the sticks are inserted properly. In the right slots. 2+4

It's a good pc with a really good mobo. It has an AM4 socket so you could install a zen 3 chip as well.

I mean potentially I'd pay 900ish for it if it's in good shape. If you want to cut costs make him take the gpu and buy everything else.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nah man 3070 for $500? and theyre supposed to be hoarding a nice drop for the release date on that just to f up AMD - Then you have AMD also - No way a 2070 will be at $300 a month from now -
A month from now the 3070s will be scalped for double the price, like the 3080s. And Im betting it will be 6 months after that when the card becomes available for mass purchase. So yeah, 2070s will hold their price jsut like 2080s are still holding their price in the resale market. Until the 3000 series is actually available to purchase en masse, I dont see prices dropping, especially on used shit, I dont know why Nvidia would drop prices on 2070s when they know they cant supply 3070s, 3080s or 3090s. Supply and demand, but then again, what do I know?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
A month from now the 3070s will be scalped for double the price, like the 3080s. And Im betting it will be 6 months after that when the card becomes available for mass purchase. So yeah, 2070s will hold their price jsut like 2080s are still holding their price in the resale market. Until the 3000 series is actually available to purchase en masse, I dont see prices dropping, especially on used shit, I dont know why Nvidia would drop prices on 2070s when they know they cant supply 3070s, 3080s or 3090s. Supply and demand, but then again, what do I know?

Unlikely since it seems Nvidia is just planning to release the floodgates in november and stop their created shortages - Supposedly something like 300,000 cards of 3080s alone will hit market early november and supposedly even more 3070s will be ready on launch day. Thats ofcourse is MLID is correct on his contacts - if so its just as he said and all this was always planned to derail AMD.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Unlikely since it seems Nvidia is just planning to release the floodgates in november and stop their created shortages - Supposedly something like 300,000 cards of 3080s alone will hit market early november and supposedly even more 3070s will be ready on launch day. Thats ofcourse is MLID is correct on his contacts - if so its just as he said and all this was always planned to derail AMD.
That seems retarded to me, I feel like you do more to derail by just having sold the cards first and taken those people out of the market. idk, maybe I'm the stupid one.