Desktop Computers

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
amazon is having their prime sale, this might come back

f06601d17c29db172b49287c40e19dcb.png

i'm guessing it's at least above avg, 16gigs for 44 bucks can't go wrong, oos, now it went quick, ppl say it's gonna come back soonish

idk why i'd need 32gigs for a htpc, but oh well

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That seems retarded to me, I feel like you do more to derail by just having sold the cards first and taken those people out of the market. idk, maybe I'm the stupid one.

Maybe - hes been pretty spot on thus far - if there is a flood of 3000 series suddenly next month then his GDDR6x spiel was accurate and this was all a ploy to have crazy hype.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Its a shit company that does that then. And yet some of you guys still worship these fools.
Shrug i buy whatever - had a 5700XT for a short period of time - i will admit i hate AMD software compared to Nvidia but all that matters is the frames

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Can I get your semi-professional opinion regarding this build?

I'm going full blown RGB, can't help myself.

. Open to other cases as well, just figured the Corsair should work with other Corsair products relatively easy and I am a novice.

I realize the GC is missing, will use what I currently have until I can secure a RTX 3080 (a year from now?). Also won't be purchasing Windows 10 from retail.

Thank you,

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

. Open to other cases as well, just figured the Corsair should work with other Corsair products relatively easy and I am a novice.

I realize the GC is missing, will use what I currently have until I can secure a RTX 3080 (a year from now?). Also won't be purchasing Windows 10 from retail.

Thank you,
My Non professional opinion is I would get a triple fan radiator, half that ram and a windows key from reddit software swap. Also rbg is gay

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
MLID has been spot on with everything so I think he's right

I'm buying AMD completely out of principle. If it sucks I'll scalp it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Thank you,
I'd get higher speed RAM if you can

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think 2x8 is more than enough for gaming and general use. Shit my engineering workstation that I have at work has 32gb and I never even come close to using 16, lol

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got 32 (4x8). But between streaming, gaming, rtx voice (1GB lol), and other stuff I just wanted the headroom

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Thank you,

Solid build, agree with the ram mention and 32GB is most id use for a gaming PC - 64GB is far beyond what you'd use.

Cant speak much on the ram but here are some lower CL w/ faster speeds

i personally use these

decent alternative

Even im not quite this crazy

• 1Like

Jovec

?
32GB vs 64GB depends on usage. 64GB is harder to get fast timings with, whether 2x32 or 4x16, but if you need 64GB, the somewhat slower timings won't matter.

For the AIO, you want either a 280 or 360 rad if the case will fit it. Both have extra soak capacity and better cooling over a 240.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i've gone back to just using a huge chunk of metal for heatsink, hoping this be quiet 4 works wonders, atm i'm using stock cooler, and it's not, not horrible

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
First custom loop build and i may have set my sights quite high -

mockup.JPG

Is what im going to try to do with my P8 but with Uni Fans -

WIP2020.jpg

Counting the fan i ordered off Microcenter website (i ordered 7 they cancelled 6 and sent me one lol) im still 4 fans short.

I have like 2-3 weeks before cpu arrives - gives me time to fail repeatedly until i succeed!

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First custom loop build and i may have set my sights quite high -

View attachment 310374

Is what im going to try to do with my P8 but with Uni Fans -

View attachment 310376

Counting the fan i ordered off Microcenter website (i ordered 7 they cancelled 6 and sent me one lol) im still 4 fans short.

I have like 2-3 weeks before cpu arrives - gives me time to fail repeatedly until i succeed!
Omg, the RGB is great with this one. My 7 year old son would scream at how awesome it is!!

• 1Worf