Desktop Computers

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thoughts on this build? I don't need something top of the line, I don't need a new video card (yet... probably within a year I'd look to upgrade), and I've got about $100 to play with still.

Was also considering microcenter mobo/processor combos but haven't checked those out yet.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The wraith that comes with the X will let you boot it up and run non ocverclocked. Past that you need an aftermarket cooler.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
LTT has Secret Shopper coming again. Part 1 is up on Floatplane.

LUL Dell just trying to sell financing and warranties over and over again

Cyberpower still omega terrible

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ah no I should probably add one of those. Forgot the stock ones are usually shit.
i used the included one for 3days waiting on my dark rock pro to come in, it did fine, but you could hear it

but you usually want to buy everything in one go, most ppl don't want to go back into their pc and unscrew cpu coolers again and wipe iso wipe off thermal paste

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
6F106A95-27F7-4DAC-971B-B01149044081.jpeg

Finally got my last uni fan, ordered a 7inch panel that I’m going to actually put where the PSU to display various info. Hopefully ekwb comes out this month for the 3090 and Thermaltake stops their fuckin bs with the distro-plate so I can do some of the tubing.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 314611
Finally got my last uni fan, ordered a 7inch panel that I’m going to actually put where the PSU to display various info. Hopefully ekwb comes out this month for the 3090 and Thermaltake stops their fuckin bs with the distro-plate so I can do some of the tubing.

Good lord. Where do you even plug all those in to?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 314611
That looks amazing and I want to do this plus even more rgb when I build a new computer with my son.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So I'm looking at upgrading my CPU, mobo and memory, and I'm looking very hard at the i5-10600k for my cpu. It seems to give good bang for it's buck. Can anyone recommend good mobos for it, or at least which manufacturers are good and which to stay away from? Same for memory?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So I'm looking at upgrading my CPU, mobo and memory, and I'm looking very hard at the i5-10600k for my cpu. It seems to give good bang for it's buck. Can anyone recommend good mobos for it, or at least which manufacturers are good and which to stay away from? Same for memory?

Go for a4 / AMD, upgrade the cpu in a year or two because you can.

Unless your in a cult of Intel, I dunno why your wouldn't go AMD at this point

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Go for a4 / AMD, upgrade the cpu in a year or two because you can.

Unless your in a cult of Intel, I dunno why your wouldn't go AMD at this point
Should definitely wait for the AMD chips to release this week. Go from there. Should bring some prices down.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Should definitely wait for the AMD chips to release this week. Go from there. Should bring some prices down.

Out could just reach back to 2600, etc for like 150$

It's so cheap, grab a good mobo and you can upgrade it for a long time due to the am4 socket.

It's awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

If you’re dead set on Intel the Asus Prime A is a good board. However I minic everyone else in waiting on the 5000 benchmarks.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
OK... not dead set on it, but just read that it's a good CPU. My current setup is 8 years old, an i5-2500 and have decided it's time to upgrade. I've put it of a few times due to "the next big thing" that is coming. I can wait a while more I guess, but I do want a new puter before my Christmas vacation, so maybe I'll ask again for a recommended setup in a month's time.

Edit: Also, how would an Nvidia 1080 run on an AMD mobo, or would I have to upgrade my GFX card too? Was hoping on just doing the CPU/Mobo/memory now and upgrading other things later.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
OK... not dead set on it, but just read that it's a good CPU. My current setup is 8 years old, an i5-2500 and have decided it's time to upgrade. I've put it of a few times due to "the next big thing" that is coming. I can wait a while more I guess, but I do want a new puter before my Christmas vacation, so maybe I'll ask again for a recommended setup in a month's time.

The Ryzen 5000s go on sale in 2 days. Hopefully better availability than Nvidia, but that bar is nearly subterranean.