Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

or

my 5950x can get as high as 65c after a couple hours of gaming with a few programs running in the back 24/7 - then again my PC is running 24/7 with a custom loop
Alright, so probably not that bad then if your 5950 is reaching 65c with much better cooling than I have.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
GN just reviewed one of the Newegg house brand prebuilts and it was the best one so far.

I think mine was a ROG Strix. I misspoke and didn’t realize ABS is Newegg. I just meant I got a prebuilt from the Newegg site, ha.

My case is the best I’ve ever had w plenty of fans included, the CPU is water cooled, cable management and parts are top notch, etc., etc. It is 3x the cost of the stuff he’s reviewing, so probably the difference maker.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I think mine was a ROG Strix. I misspoke and didn’t realize ABS is Newegg. I just meant I got a prebuilt from the Newegg site, ha.

My case is the best I’ve ever had w plenty of fans included, the CPU is water cooled, cable management and parts are top notch, etc., etc. It is 3x the cost of the stuff he’s reviewing, so probably the difference maker.

$1050 was the most expensive one they've reviewed so far, so some of the issues are understandable. For $3k+ though, that machine better be put together flawlessly.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
posted in the monitor thread, but figured I'd drop it here as it's likely to get more eyeballs...

any forum bros need a new monitor?
I won the one below on Newegg Shuffle, bundled with my 3080, and I don't want to deal with Ebay, Craigslist, Facebook or other platforms.
Happy to let it go to a good FOH home below MSRP, and I've got a massive corporate shipping discount.

1624640398072.png

hit me up

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
posted in the monitor thread, but figured I'd drop it here as it's likely to get more eyeballs...

any forum bros need a new monitor?
I won the one below on Newegg Shuffle, bundled with my 3080, and I don't want to deal with Ebay, Craigslist, Facebook or other platforms.
Happy to let it go to a good FOH home below MSRP, and I've got a massive corporate shipping discount.

View attachment 359820

hit me up
I bid $200

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I was being serious 😒
I didn't mean that you weren't serious, was just asking ppl to only send serious offers, as i don't intend to respond to every lowball offer I get.

we're near $300, which is pretty much the golden number.

we can take any further inquiries into PMs to avoid boring the rest of the thread with this derail

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I didn't mean that you weren't serious, was just asking ppl to only send serious offers, as i don't intend to respond to every lowball offer I get.

we're near $300, which is pretty much the golden number.

we can take any further inquiries into PMs to avoid boring the rest of the thread with this derail

You can also take bidding to https://www.firesofheaven.org/forums/classifieds.48/ if you want to do it publicly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

87DB765F-4C2F-4CAA-BE8B-91018921952B.jpeg

Parts weren’t expected to be gathered until early to mid aug, so in a week they’ve got them and that’s pretty damn awesome.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users