Desktop Computers

Janx

<Silver Donator>
You did you just link a non-ips monitor?

I do believe this guy needs some lashings!
I dig VA panels tbh just due to the contrast. The dicking around with settings to minimize ghosting can be a PITA though. TN panels though can suck my balls. Did it one eons ago before i knew what I was getting into and holy shit that image is bad.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
You did you just link a non-ips monitor?

I do believe this guy needs some lashings!
I don't disagree with "Go IPS or Go Home", but for that price, and updating a 15 yr old monitor, I can't be mad at the guy.

though, yes.... for the same price, he could have a 27" gigabyte IPS monitor (non-curved... you don't need a curve on anything 32" and under)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Still haven't decided what I may want to get for this tax free weekend to replace my ASUS PG279Q if I wanted to.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Still haven't decided what I may want to get for this tax free weekend to replace my ASUS PG279Q if I wanted to.
that's what i replaced a couple months ago. great monitor... unfortunately, it started flickering very faintly over time. I didn't notice until I was getting fatigued and migraines.

my vote would be

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
that's what i replaced a couple months ago. great monitor... unfortunately, it started flickering very faintly over time. I didn't notice until I was getting fatigued and migraines.

my vote would be

Man, I would... just don't know. Have to order a new gun cabinet for the house and have already spent thousands on furniture and workshop items. Hey what's another $800 on the list, but realistically my 27" + 24" is doing just fine... le sigh.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My thing with curved monitors I just can't stand is trying to do productivity work with multiple windows just looks like shit for me. I don't even like it with my alienware with a much less pronounced curve. Love it for gaming but that's about it.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
IMO,
still need a sidecar for watching youtube and shitposting while gaming.
curve too harsh for me, but maybe it makes sense on a monitor that wide
not my pic, but here's the LG 38" ultrawide with 2300R curve next to the G9 with 1000R curve.
personally, I prefer the 38", but I'd still go with a 34" and a sidecar
1628371128829.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I did preorder one but then i cancelled because i still dont see it being better than my CX

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Hoping it'll show up on the Insider program at some point, hard to justify otherwise, but I want.

Jovec

?
Damn, won the Newegg shuffle for a 3080 but it has to be bundled with a (relatively shitty and overpriced) 1440p Asus monitor from 2019. Tempted to pass even though my current 27" secondary monitors are getting old and probably will need to be replaced soon (slow turn on/resume from sleep), since the bundled monitor is below what I would buy for my primary display and overkill for my secondary. Effectively adds about $200 to the price of the 3080.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Damn, won the Newegg shuffle for a 3080 but it has to be bundled with a (relatively shitty and overpriced) 1440p Asus monitor from 2019. Tempted to pass even though my current 27" secondary monitors are getting old and probably will need to be replaced soon (slow turn on/resume from sleep), since the bundled monitor is below what I would buy for my primary display and overkill for my secondary. Effectively adds about $200 to the price of the 3080.
can you buy it, then return the monitor?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
IMO,
still need a sidecar for watching youtube and shitposting while gaming.
curve too harsh for me, but maybe it makes sense on a monitor that wide
not my pic, but here's the LG 38" ultrawide with 2300R curve next to the G9 with 1000R curve.
personally, I prefer the 38", but I'd still go with a 34" and a sidecar
View attachment 365879

Coven morgana background?

My dingah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ugh, that makes me sick to my stomach, lol.

I still need to swap out the motherboard I ruined, I get a random restart every week or so. Probably try an expansion m.2 card first but then get bogged down in making sure I'm not doing something stupid because something something PCIE lanes using a 3090 and multiple m.2s on my Crossfire VIII Hero.