Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks third party seller who is apparently fucking retarded. Glad it was only 3 case fans and not something important, only parts I haven't received yet. Got everything up and running and this bitch is faaaaast.

Was your 3rd party J-Tech Digital? Just had an amazon delivery today from them of something that was not the right product nor was it new

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Upgraded to gigabit internet today .Waiting for my docsis 3.1 modem to come in.

Bill going from 92/month to 104

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Was your 3rd party J-Tech Digital? Just had an amazon delivery today from them of something that was not the right product nor was it new

No, was these guys: FactoryBuy

Actually ended up with nothing being wrong, pretty sure they gave me the wrong tracking number. My stuff ended up showing up when/where it was supposed to, it just happened to be AFTER the tracking number they gave me showed my stuff being delivered up in Minnesota.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Sneak peek at Navi too:

amd.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Talk to me when they have mobile chips. The fuck do I care about integrated desktop GPUs for?

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just bought a Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7, 8700k, and a GTX 1080 for my new build. What speed ram should I be looking for?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Seems like 1080 ti's are starting to stay in stock at the higher price ranges. Things might start coming down. We're probably still 5-6 months out from next gen? bleh

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems like 1080 ti's are starting to stay in stock at the higher price ranges. Things might start coming down. We're probably still 5-6 months out from next gen? bleh
That's unfortunate. I thought we were going to see new cards next month, or was that just the announcement?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That's unfortunate. I thought we were going to see new cards next month, or was that just the announcement?
No reason to release new cards when AMD simply doesn't compete at the high end.

Also Nvidia is getting shitty with their whole gpp bullshit.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Got the Dell Advantage rewards from buying the desktop and monitor during the President’s Day sale; grabbed a Logitech G502 Spectrum mouse and the Corsair K70 LUX mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Red), basically just had to pay the taxes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Picked up a new case today, figured my new motherboard needed a better wrapper than what I had.

My first ever windowed case ftw.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
In that same regard, I started using my old TV as monitor and the colours are ... well I need to do some work I think. It may just be that it's ten years old, it may be because it's a TV and no computer monitor, or maybe the colours just were adjusted like fuck all those years. I can't even explain it, stuff looks a bit washed out and ... "bland" ...

any way to adjust this or do I just go back to my tiny 22" screen and suck it up?

Samsung LE40A759R1M if that matters.
I am seriously thinking about just giving the 40" tv to our kindergarten (they were looking for a donation recently do display ... "stuff" on) and get a 27" gaming monitor.

Now being the cheapskate I am, I'll only have one of the following:
- 144 hz
- 1440p
cost is roughly the same, but explodes when you combine the two.

Which is the better choice, keeping in mind that I'm no ESL progamer and my system looks like this:

System Builder - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix, Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

which will pose less problems, running 144hz 1080p or running 60hz 1440p? I play WoW, Elite Dangerous and recently PUBG. I can live with medium settings if that means I get a clean nut.

Or I could just get a 60hz 1080p in 27" or 32" for 200-300€ and call it a day.

I'm sitting roughly 60-80cm away so the 40" tv has to go either way. I also have a 24" noname 60hz 1080p standing around doing nothing but I don't think I'd like that. 27" seems to be a nice size for desk stuff, 32" might already be too big.