Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
3900x under 390 at microcenter and 3950x under 700. Guess it’s time to upgrade the gf from the 2700x. I was going to slide her my 9900k but the prices are dam good at the moment.

Right now the hard part is finding a motherboard in stock that will support it for a not insane price. I'm about 2 weeks out on a motherboard for my 3900x and ram that have been here a week.

Amazon and newegg all sold out on anything under $500 for the most part.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I keep seeing this NZXT H1 case in builds and damn if I don't want one. It's normally something I wouldn't even give a second look at. I guess the idea of a console size(ish) gaming PC isn't all that bad if you grab a slick new LG OLED with g sync.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
my work announced we will be working at least the next four months from home so I guess it’s time to upgrade to something I can use as a work monitor. Think I’m going with this guy, anyone have a suggestion for something similar size and specs? Need it big because I need the split monitor capability for work, and to be able to sit across the room and game. Replacing a 43” TV.

Asus ROG Strix XG438Q 43” Large Gaming Monitor with 4K 120Hz FreeSync 2 HDR Displayhdr 600 90% DCI-P3 Aura Sync 10W Speaker Non-Glare Eye Care with HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Remote Control,Black

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
my work announced we will be working at least the next four months from home so I guess it’s time to upgrade to something I can use as a work monitor. Think I’m going with this guy, anyone have a suggestion for something similar size and specs? Need it big because I need the split monitor capability for work, and to be able to sit across the room and game. Replacing a 43” TV.

Asus ROG Strix XG438Q 43” Large Gaming Monitor with 4K 120Hz FreeSync 2 HDR Displayhdr 600 90% DCI-P3 Aura Sync 10W Speaker Non-Glare Eye Care with HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Remote Control,Black

Nope. I returned that just a couple months ago. The text on it was atrocious man. It doesn't follow the standard RGB format or some shit. Gaming on it was fine though.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nope. I returned that just a couple months ago. The text on it was atrocious man. It doesn't follow the standard RGB format or some shit. Gaming on it was fine though.

Don’t you have like 72 point font though? What about just normal sized text? I won’t need anti-aliasing when it’s that small.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Might as well do an OLED. Someone linked the LG earlier.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Might as well do an OLED. Someone linked the LG earlier.

I’d be good with that but it’s not released yet. Any other options close to that one? I have no experience with OLED. Sounds fast and freesync sounds good to me. I’d like to keep it under a grand if I can but work may cover some of it so may go higher.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I’d be good with that but it’s not released yet. Any other options close to that one? I have no experience with OLED. Sounds fast and freesync sounds good to me. I’d like to keep it under a grand if I can but work may cover some of it so may go higher.

C9 does 4k@120hz last i checked.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Right now the hard part is finding a motherboard in stock that will support it for a not insane price. I'm about 2 weeks out on a motherboard for my 3900x and ram that have been here a week.

Amazon and newegg all sold out on anything under $500 for the most part.

Last edited:

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

I appreciate the effort. but not available. Already looked there. and still not available when checking again.

• 1Dislike

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for a Tenkeyless Keybaord as I've been annoyed with the size of my 7 year old mechanical Razer whatever for awhile now.

Stick with Razer Tenkeyless @$129 or get this Red Dragon one at $50?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm looking for a Tenkeyless Keybaord as I've been annoyed with the size of my 7 year old mechanical Razer whatever for awhile now.

Stick with Razer Tenkeyless @$129 or get this Red Dragon one at $50?

Do you need the Razer software?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Do you need the Razer software?

No. I forget why I even chose razer 7 years ago. What is the benefit of Razer Software and when would I leverage it? I mean I haven't yet but I've never bothered to look into it either.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Then I would definitely get the Red Dragon. I have one of their TKL keyboards. And one 60%.

And this one...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users