Desktop Computers

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
So, looks like I might have a bad motherboard (ASRock x470 Taichi). Still in warranty but I can't be without my computer if I need to send it for RMA.

I might just buy a new mobo and sell the replacement when it gets sent.

Was thinking about doing a B550 board, mostly because I hate the active cooling on the X570s.

This one is some what reasonable price wise. Am I being dumb? Kind of prefer to stay away from ASRock now.

Check this out: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite (AM4 AMD/B550/ATX/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I pretty much only buy MSI boards atm, got burned with Asus and ended up buying MSI products. Also i think their B550 is the best version? i forget.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a Gigabyte z390 Designare that has been great. Easily the best thunderbolt 3 board on the market and the reason I got it. I was nervous about it as it was my first Gigabyte board but it has been flawless.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I pretty much only buy MSI boards atm, got burned with Asus and ended up buying MSI products. Also i think their B550 is the best version? i forget.
yea i had 2 asus boards die after a year, never again. gigabyte/biostar going strong.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As I wrote in the other thread my Asus ITX motherboard seems to be broken. Memory slot one gives me RAM error and BSOD but slot two seems to work fine. Running 1x8gb now in slot 2 and will test a few games.

Will DOA the card and get another one. It seems they have restocked on mATX cards now so will probably get one of those. Asrock B550 Steel Legend is the same priceclass as the one I got earlier so maybe it can be an option.

Last edited:

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I just pre-ordered the MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS from B&H for $150. Hope it fixes my issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Vizio's first OLED displays are going to be full hdmi 2.1 (LG and others aren't full bandwidth) and will be significantly cheaper than LG models. $1300 for the 55"

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Jesus, my NH-D15S barely fits in my case. the 2nd fan wont fit over part of the motherboard on one side, and on the other side with ram, i had to raise it slightly And the assassin 3 just looks that much bigger. Good video though.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So apparently yesterday Windows Update included the change (when paired with Nvidia drivers) that fixes the problems with two monitors with different refresh rates. Still broken for me. Don't really understand.
What was the problem? I did fresh windows install last week and have 2 monitors at two different refresh rates. One at 144hz and another at 60hz.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My G-Sync settings. 120Hz monitor. These look correct?

aaaaa.jpg

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding if you have a gsync monitor, you don't want to use vsync. as the monitor is handling that process for you.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You are wrong in this case.

And since G-SYNC + V-SYNC “On” only holds onto the affected frames for whatever time it takes the previous frame to complete its display, virtually no input lag is added; the only input lag advantage G-SYNC + V-SYNC “Off” has over G-SYNC + V-SYNC “On” is literally the tearing seen, nothing more

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah you only want to use it from the NV Control Panel and not the in game setting, if I remember correctly, which I probably don't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm the Lian Li Odyssey X looks pretty sweet, i may swap that in place of the p3 for my winter build.