Desktop Computers

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Possibly a stupid question - I have a Corsair case that has removeable panels on the front and top to trap dust. Would there be anything wrong with hosing these off in the sink and letting them dry off? I don't see anything in the panels that could be harmed by water but I could be wrong. Maybe they could rust?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Possibly a stupid question - I have a Corsair case that has removeable panels on the front and top to trap dust. Would there be anything wrong with hosing these off in the sink and letting them dry off? I don't see anything in the panels that could be harmed by water but I could be wrong. Maybe they could rust?
It's fine as long as you ensure they dry out in a relatively short period of time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I agree i have been using it since beta and prefer it to google chrome. I am sure that may change later on but for now its my go-to.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Newegg is having really solid deals on Ryzen 3700 and 3800 right now. 25% off the 3800. Assassin's Creed Valhalla comes with purchase too.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man now that I’m watching parts it is difficult not to pull the trigger on the current gen deals lol.

I wouldn’t be able to build it since the MOBO is nowhere to be found but it’s still tempting.

I did just order the case. It’s $5 off and a $10 off promo. Case and ssd down so far!

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I see that gigabyte X570 I was looking at on sale. The negative reviews seem like flukes/DOA or bios modifying complaints, which I won’t be fucking with anyway. I’m thinking about just buying a 3700X and everything else except a gfx card. One thing I didn’t think about, buying things over several months, if I have a DOA item I’m not going to know until I’ve already had it for 3-4 months and may get fucked on returning it. Anyone have experience with that?

From what I’ve read I would probably be more than happy with the 3700X, and probably won’t even know what I’m missing with the chips this fall. I’ll just have a weak gfx card for months while I wait for the new ones. I’m running a GTX 970 that would go in the new system until the new cards release.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So I see that gigabyte X570 I was looking at on sale. The negative reviews seem like flukes/DOA or bios modifying complaints, which I won’t be fucking with anyway. I’m thinking about just buying a 3700X and everything else except a gfx card. One thing I didn’t think about, buying things over several months, if I have a DOA item I’m not going to know until I’ve already had it for 3-4 months and may get fucked on returning it. Anyone have experience with that?

From what I’ve read I would probably be more than happy with the 3700X, and probably won’t even know what I’m missing with the chips this fall. I’ll just have a weak gfx card for months while I wait for the new ones. I’m running a GTX 970 that would go in the new system until the new cards release.

3700X is stong. I'm not going to upgrade mine. They are on sale cheap right now. Save that $ for a GPU.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have been thinking about buying this and dabbling in water cooling for the first time, anyone have any experience this?

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
3700X is stong. I'm not going to upgrade mine. They are on sale cheap right now. Save that $ for a GPU.

I did it. Build cost $1100, then whatever the card cost will be. First build in seven years /boner

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have been thinking about buying this and dabbling in water cooling for the first time, anyone have any experience this?

Nah man. Just get a Corsair AIO water cooling setup and call that a day. That asking price is fuckin nuts for the one you linked.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I had ordered an Asus Ryujin but DHL did some fuckery so now im considering alternatives. I figured actual water cooling in the Lian Li Odyssey X would look pretty sweet. I could use the p3 i already purchased, grab a 3400g and some cheap B450 board to practice with for the final build.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well i had initially planned to like Microcenter do it for me, but that price would be crazy - i guess im worried over some user error fuckery and brick my system :D There will literally be 4-6k going into next system between a 3090, whatever top end ryzen, pc 3600 cl14, and motherboard. So the thought of trying out water cooling for the first time on this build is kinda worrisome. Thats why i was looking to buy a kit to try it out, if i was to piece it together myself what would i need? Radiator, cpu block, reservoir?

• 1Mother of God

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Well i had initially planned to like Microcenter do it for me, but that price would be crazy - i guess im worried over some user error fuckery and brick my system :D There will literally be 4-6k going into next system between a 3090, whatever top end ryzen, pc 3600 cl14, and motherboard. So the thought of trying out water cooling for the first time on this build is kinda worrisome. Thats why i was looking to buy a kit to try it out, if i was to piece it together myself what would i need? Radiator, cpu block, reservoir?
fittings and tubing, fans. Possibly tools to measure/cut tubing. Honestly if you are going to go custom you should really do the gpu as well imo. That's where the biggest gains are from my experience

Also something like this to prevent growth in the loop

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Is temp gains arent too substantial, maybe i'd just be better off keeping things how i have them laid out so far and buying one of the water cooled variants of the upcoming cards.

Something like this

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Haven’t received the majority of my parts yet but should soon. Got my Fractal Design Meshify case and I really like the design. Looks very easy to mess with, the magnet mesh screen is nice.