Desktop Computers

Fucker

Log Wizard
Could have just skipped to the conclusion part, but the gist is that these types of software eat up a fair amount of CPU and will diminish system performance as a result

Holy balls. I used Logitech software for k/m but quit it when the new version had Twitch integration. Who the fuck wants that? It was constantly babbling to their servers, too. No shock that Corsair has utter trash software. It matches their hardware. :D

I tried Gigabyte's RGB software for about 5 minutes and pulled it off. A giant pile of trash held together with spit and used condoms. Worse, it had no functionality beyond what the bios could do.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Holy balls. I used Logitech software for k/m but quit it when the new version had Twitch integration. Who the fuck wants that? It was constantly babbling to their servers, too. No shock that Corsair has utter trash software. It matches their hardware. :D

I tried Gigabyte's RGB software for about 5 minutes and pulled it off. A giant pile of trash held together with spit and used condoms. Worse, it had no functionality beyond what the bios could do.
Yeah, most of these programs are unnecessary trash, and the few that serve a purpose tend to involve drawbacks to using them.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

For the memory overclock, the CPU was configured to 1.3875V and a 45.25x multiplier was used so that means the Ryzen 7 4700G APU was hitting 4.525 GHz across all 8 cores. The two patriot DDR4 memory sticks were configured to run at 4400 MHz (CL14) and during the testing, IT Cooker that the platform achieved a 1:1 FCLK with the Infinity Fabric link hitting 2200 MHz. For comparison, IT Cooker also tested the Ryzen 7 3700X on the same platform which could only hit 1900 MHz FCLK. The Renoir platform reportedly delivers 10ns lower latency than the Matisse platform which bodes really well for the upcoming Ryzen 4000 APU lineup.

Going to be beastly, need to see the actual non APU variants.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The guy is inspiring for sure. Talented nerd that also has the best of the jock/chad attributes, isn't a dick, and has a head on his shoulder when it comes to bullshit (metoo etc...)

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Swapped out my stock cooler on the 3700x today for the Arctic Liquid Freezer II. It's really quiet in comparison and dropped temp spikes from 84C down to 74C with normal load temp at around 59C.

The stock cooler went up to 3700rpm or something and sounded like a jet turbine.

Added bonus, no RGB that jacks up the price.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Clickbait aside, Linus talks about some artificial ram speed limitations that Intel are doing, and covers some of the other bullshit Intel has pulled

• 1RAGE
Reactions: 1 user