Desktop Computers

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
PXL_20201004_140752536.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of Ram, the prices seems kinda low on them atm so thinking maybe buying 2 more sticks to go from 16 to 32gb. Is there any benefit in gaming by doing that? Or is 16gb still the sweet spot?

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of Ram
Prices will certainly shoot up again when Zen 3 is released. But you won't benefit from slapping more in; 16gb is enough for the next few years unless you really don't want to close your Chrome tabs before booting up Cyberpunk. If you really want to boost your gaming performance with ram- tune it, or buy a more expensive CL14 xmp kit.

I wonder what optimal memory speeds for the next infinity fabric will be, watch sticks rated for that speed sell out fast.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Speaking of Ram, the prices seems kinda low on them atm so thinking maybe buying 2 more sticks to go from 16 to 32gb. Is there any benefit in gaming by doing that? Or is 16gb still the sweet spot?
If you just game and that's it 16 is fine - but if you do anything beyond that 32 is the new sweet spot.

Even just using RTX Voice eats up 1GB of my RAM.

Just sitting in windows right now I'm using 12GB - running an nvidia snatcher script, chrome, discord, spotify, rtx voice

1601900996368.png

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Prices will certainly shoot up again when Zen 3 is released. But you won't benefit from slapping more in; 16gb is enough for the next few years unless you really don't want to close your Chrome tabs before booting up Cyberpunk. If you really want to boost your gaming performance with ram- tune it, or buy a more expensive CL14 xmp kit.

I wonder what optimal memory speeds for the next infinity fabric will be, watch sticks rated for that speed sell out fast.

Are you sure about that price increase?

Everything I've seen and heard is that manufacturers have a glut of RAM and SSDs and that prices will only get cheaper as the end of the year approaches.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Will be interesting to see what the infinity fabric maxes on the new chips. On my 3900x I believe it's 3866. I got 32GB steel viper with b-die running 3600@CL14 but I had to obsess to hit that

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a link to a recent sweet PC build they'd recommend? I usually go for the high end of that bell curve where you would have to double your spending just to get a bit more performance.

I haven't updated since like 2012, so I've been out of the game for a bit lol. Price doesn't matter too much. I'll eventually get a GTX 3080 when the scalpers give up.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I'm planning on grabbing one of the new Ryzens whenever they are available. Is there any reason not to grab an x570 mobo now so I have it on hand whenever that time comes?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have a link to a recent sweet PC build they'd recommend? I usually go for the high end of that bell curve where you would have to double your spending just to get a bit more performance.

I haven't updated since like 2012, so I've been out of the game for a bit lol. Price doesn't matter too much. I'll eventually get a GTX 3080 when the scalpers give up.
I'm looking at Ryzen 5800x when it launches and an RTX 3080 20gb when they come out as my next build. I think I'm actually going to build pretty much a full build.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So - what motherboards have the right spacing for dual 3090? Considering doing it but not sure what boards it will even fit on since even GN and Jays been having issues with it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What in gods name would you eover want to go 3090 SLI for?

The 3090 is already ass in the performance dept, with two you must need something like a 1200W PSU. Unless you do some graphical work/rendering that requires that.

• 1Like