Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What was the discord where it helped you setup notifications for the GPUs and CPUs?

Plus, if anyone wants to sell me a 5600x that'd be cool.

@CHINABATSOUP WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU!!!!

Last edited:

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Crazy how much pent up demand there is for the gfx cards and CPUs. Situation is quite f*cked up at one of my local stores with a backlog of 30+ people pre-paid in full waiting for 5900Xs and only 3 total have been received since release. Wait list for 5800x is short and a fair few 5800Xs have been delivered but they still sell out fast unless you come in early.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I would highly recommend waiting until HDMI 2.1 monitors start coming out Q1/Q2 of next year. I normally am not one of those WaIt TiL nExT gEn guys but HDMI 2.1 will definitely be worth the wait (if you have a GPU that supports HDMI 2.1).

I've got one of the Eve SPECTRUM 1440p 240hz monitors preordered. If it's trash (probably will be) I'll just return it and get an ASUS or Dell equivalent.

All of the above really only applies if you have a GPU that is capable of HDMI 2.1. I'm currently using an Acer XB271HU and it's pretty decent.

That said...
What is your GPU?
What is your budget?
Do you want Gsync or Freesync?
Do you care about HDR?
What games/types of games do you primarily play?

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gpu is 3080
Budget about $600-700
Never had a monitor that had either so if it improves performance then sure
I play COD right now, some WoW and want to play cyberpunk

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would highly recommend waiting until HDMI 2.1 monitors start coming out Q1/Q2 of next year. I normally am not one of those WaIt TiL nExT gEn guys but HDMI 2.1 will definitely be worth the wait (if you have a GPU that supports HDMI 2.1).

I've got one of the Eve SPECTRUM 1440p 240hz monitors preordered. If it's trash (probably will be) I'll just return it and get an ASUS or Dell equivalent.

All of the above really only applies if you have a GPU that is capable of HDMI 2.1. I'm currently using an Acer XB271HU and it's pretty decent.

That said...
What is your GPU?
What is your budget?
Do you want Gsync or Freesync?
Do you care about HDR?
What games/types of games do you primarily play?
Why wait for HDMI 2.1, when there is display port right now that will support the higher frames?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I would imagine lots of folks are getting new monitors for the new cards. How many folks like me are still on DVI? At any rate, i can't make up my mind between these though i'm leaning Asus for better blacks and contrast. 27" 1440p 144hz+

Asus VG27AQ - $420
LG 27GL850-b - $450-$500
Dell S2721DGF - $500

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Why wait for HDMI 2.1, when there is display port right now that will support the higher frames?

For me, it's using 2 computers on 1 monitor. A lot of them come with 1 display port and 1 hdmi so you get screwed on refresh rate unless you get a KVM thing going on the single display port.

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
How's the Dell S2721DGF? Friend just got the Samsun g9 and is willing to sell it to me for $350. He got it in October, going to check it out he said no dead pixels. I could always unload my Alienware AW2518HF on Ebay for 200ish

Fucker

Log Wizard
How's the Dell S2721DGF? Friend just got the Samsun g9 and is willing to sell it to me for $350. He got it in October, going to check it out he said no dead pixels. I could always unload my Alienware AW2518HF on Ebay for 200ish

I love mine.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Depending on your desire for refresh rate id go with the LG ultragear line for picture quality and such

also these, but i mainly stick with IPS panels.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Odyssey G9 came in today, absolutely pissing rain in NY. Delivery guy tells me there was two inches of rain sloshing around in his truck. Praying this isn’t DOA.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Thinking to grab the 38GN for gf birthday, no time to go out and do shit due to pandemic, she will be fine with new pixels for wow.

actually just came across this - pretty nice

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

join the queue if its what you need

also for tomorrow

FE

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card Steel and Black 900-1G142-2520-000 - Best Buy

Newegg 3060 Ti Links (NA) : nvidia (reddit.com)

or

Asus -

Gigabyte -

EVGA -

MSI -

Zotac -

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

join the queue if its what you need

also for tomorrow

FE

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card Steel and Black 900-1G142-2520-000 - Best Buy

Newegg 3060 Ti Links (NA) : nvidia (reddit.com)

or

Asus -

Gigabyte -

EVGA -

MSI -

Zotac -

As if we needed anymore cards, hopefully this will not be as retarded as every other GPU, but I have little faith.