Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Perhaps but zotac is extremely consistent with actually having product lol - they have 3-4 drops a week where as,...where is that EVGA queue? Regardless of anything that marginal difference is ALOT better than still running a 2000 series card - even their 3080 still shits on a 2080TI -

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Aren’t the zotacs only shit if you’re trying to OC them? I’ve read people that don’t OC say they’ve had no issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Aren’t the zotacs only shit if you’re trying to OC them? I’ve read people that don’t OC say they’ve had no issues.

I have no experience using a Zotac so i cant comment but i believe that was the case initially when Tech-Jesus reviewed them. Otherwise they were marginally inferior to other cards but near on par with some as well. Pricewise and availability they are #1 tho since they always have cards dropping during the week more so than any other maker.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I used a zotac 1060 6gb 1 fan card in a small case for many years and had no issues with it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I have no experience using a Zotac so i cant comment but i believe that was the case initially when Tech-Jesus reviewed them. Otherwise they were marginally inferior to other cards but near on par with some as well. Pricewise and availability they are #1 tho since they always have cards dropping during the week more so than any other maker.

isn't the only reason why some cards are shit compared to others is they use different cooling solutions that aren't stock?

or better, like replacing refrence blower fans with triple fans.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, is there a site with shorter lead times than Cyberpower? I’m moving in June and chances are good Cyberpower would deliver after I’m gone.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
isn't the only reason why some cards are shit compared to others is they use different cooling solutions that aren't stock?

or better, like replacing refrence blower fans with triple fans.
The cooling solution or the actual components on the board being of lower quality.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
The cooling solution or the actual components on the board being of lower quality.
yea don't all of you at least open up your video cards and re-tim your gpus?

that thermal grizzly hydronaught is amazing, i'm too much of a pussy to use liquid metal

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I get the hate on Zotac - if there was an option between 1 card or another im sure Zotac would only beat maybe PNY

However if you have the option between getting a 3080 or keeping a 2000 series and you bypass the upgrade just because of the quality which doesnt generally impede anyone since people rarely OC - then youre a derp and deserve to keep complaining about the shortages.

This isnt aimed at anyone but if i had no 3000 series and i was wanting a 3000 series id jump on a Zotac just because its still going to be a massive upgrade and their prices are still decent.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I decided to buy a patio set, and maybe a nice grill instead of a graphics card.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I had an older set, we are putting on the other side of the house.

I have a decent grill, but buddy won't stfu about his pellet grill... I dunno about that, but him not shutting the fuck up about it is driving the urge to get one.

Just like these cards.

It's just turning nice outside, go outside people.

Graphics cards prolly be easier to get at the end of summer. You might even enjoy it

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm annoyed. I can get a 3090 from Alienware for $3k on Jun 9. Or I can get a 3080 from Origin on May 7 for $3k.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Xexx Xexx I also looked at some 3080 builds on Newegg and I just don't want to spend $4k. That 3070 build you linked is just too bare-bones.

Am I just being a picky bitch at this point?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Aight bought this ABS Gladiator for $3300 (+$300 taxes and shipping) from Newegg:

• Intel Core i9 10850K 3.60GHz (5.20GHz Turbo Boost), 10-Core 20-Thread
  • ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3080 10GB OC
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, WiFi 6E
  • CORSAIR Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum 280MM Liquid Cooling
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD
  • CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB
  • CORSAIR RMx 850W 80 Plus Gold
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • VR Ready
Getting it on Monday and it's a way better deal than the bullshit Origin is peddling. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the Intel 660P. Is that any good?

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Aight bought this ABS Gladiator for $3600 from Newegg:

• Intel Core i9 10850K 3.60GHz (5.20GHz Turbo Boost), 10-Core 20-Thread
  • ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3080 10GB OC
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, WiFi 6E
  • CORSAIR Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum 280MM Liquid Cooling
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD
  • CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB
  • CORSAIR RMx 850W 80 Plus Gold
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • VR Ready
Getting it on Monday and it's a way better deal than the bullshit Origin is peddling. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the Intel 660P. Is that any good?
fe.gif