Desktop Computers

Grekko

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone had any problems with Ibuypower?

So cyber monday 2022 I purchased a custom gaming pc for around $2400.
December 27th i received someone else's pc. Called it in, they apologized and were to send me my pc... gave me an RMA and
returned wrong pc next day...
No follow up(emails, txt) on my order and by january 6th I said fuck it and ask for a full refund, as far as i'm concerned they never processed my order.

I still cannot get an update on my refund, I was told that the accounting dept is working on it and thats it. Its been a month
the wrong pc I returned has already been scanned and revised. By fedex tracking they received RMA on january 3rd.

Spoke to about 4 different customer service employees who promise to email me updates and nothing.

some of you dealt with this Co.

any advise would be great

• 1WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner

December 27th i received someone else's pc. Called it in, they apologized and were to send me my pc... gave me an RMA and
No follow up(emails, txt) on my order and by january 6th I said fuck it and ask for a full refund, as far as i'm concerned they never processed my order.

I still cannot get an update on my refund, I was told that the accounting dept is working on it and thats it. Its been a month
the wrong pc I returned has already been scanned and revised. By fedex tracking they received RMA on january 3rd.

Spoke to about 4 different customer service employees who promise to email me updates and nothing.

I don't have any experience with them. that sounds shitty.

call their front desk if you cant get their cust service support
(626) 269-5200

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I had a similar experience with Origin PC several years ago, except I kept the first PC and demanded they send the second one. Then once I followed up to send the first one back they ignored me and I got two PC's for the price of one.

Try talking to a different department and if you still can't get anywhere in a week or so talk to your credit card company and get your money back.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I kept the first PC and demanded they send the second one
mandalorian-this-is-the-way.gif

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I ordered a PC from them 20 years ago and didnt have any issues. But that was also a long time ago.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think the issue is that the blade design works for much higher tip velocity than computer case fans run at. So you don't have enough of a gain at lower velocities in relation to the sound profile to make it worth it.

For server fans, this design might be promising since those fans are running at 3500+ RPM.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Egpu enclosure is here. Time to pull the RTX 3070 out of my last remaining tower and slap it in. Before I do that are there any current gen AMD cards that have the same or more power?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Egpu enclosure is here. Time to pull the RTX 3070 out of my last remaining tower and slap it in. Before I do that are there any current gen AMD cards that have the same or more power?
Fuck it. All in. TIL that my old PC had an MSI card in it and an NVME ssd. First time actually removing one of those. Fuckers are tiny.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck it. All in. TIL that my old PC had an MSI card in it and an NVME ssd. First time actually removing one of those. Fuckers are tiny.
Just added a second NVME drive to my desktop two weeks ago, Damn headache trying to get the mounting screw lined up and tightened down.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just added a second NVME drive to my desktop two weeks ago, Damn headache trying to get the mounting screw lined up and tightened down.
Yeah, tried to put the screw back in for Goodwill or whoever I give computer to. Gave that shit up in a hurry.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Time to replace my almost 10 year old gaming PC. Trying to keep it at ~$3,000.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/C7WPpH

Would really love some input on the cooler and motherboard especially. Also, do I need a new copy of windows for a new build or could I somehow use the same key twice? I'm clueless.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Final setup for the next few years is complete. Could obviously do with some cord management, which is next on the list, but we may be moving in the near future so not 100% sure it is worth it right now. I am not OCD enough for that to bother me. egpu enclosure upper left. Mini pc is behind left speaker.

desk setup.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
s.jpg

Samsung Rolls Out Firmware Update To Fix 990 Pro SSD Health Issues

Samsung's high-end 980 Pro and 990 Pro SSDs have recently been affected by rapidly declining health issues. The company issued a firmware update for its 980 Pro SSDs a while ago & has now provided a similar fix for its latest and flagship storage solution.

While Samsung initially declined warranties and RMA of their 980 / 990 Pro series SSDs, stating that the health drop was within the normal operation, the company reacted to a major backlash by its large pool of consumers and released a firmware update for its older 980 Pro SSDs. Meanwhile, the new 990 Pro SSDs which were introduced just a few months back, also showed similar issues.

Not only was Samsung able to confirm that the issues were real but were also able to recreate the health-dropping issues in their own lab. Initially, these issues were tagged as anomalies related to the SMART Percentage Used (in Samsung Magician) and/or Health Status (on Crystal Disk Info) for the 990 Pro SSDs.

Now, Samsung has the following update provided on the matter over at its official community page:
Hello everyone,
Samsung has been investigating customer inquiries about anomalies related to the SMART of the 990 PRO SSD.
These anomalies were found to be caused by issues with the 990 PRO SSD's firmware. Accordingly, a firmware update was released today, February 13, 2023, that fixes these anomalies.
(SMART values are not restored to factory settings after firmware update. Actual SMART values of each SSD vary depending on user environment and usage conditions).
The update can be downloaded from Samsung Magician or here:
You can find our warranty conditions for the 990 PRO SSD at:

While this is certainly good to hear that Samsung has provided a fix to avoid further users from facing the same issues on their 990 Pro SSDs, it doesn't necessarily help existing users who have had their drives lose a majority of their health.

Samsung will still have to issue a replacement SSD to the affected users and we hope that the process will go smoothly for consumers instead of what we saw in the beginning.

w.jpg

• 2Like