Desktop Computers

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I’m assuming that’s some wildly expensive custom water cooled insanely expensive fuckery.

Yes

1692159656208.png

Optimus Signature block on a Strix

How long was your back order time? I had bought an "in stock" CPU block and that took 3 months (it wasn't in stock).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well new PC is built. With parts listed on previous link.

Had a easy time installing, but when it came to getting it to boot to windows installer USB it was a bitch.

PC would just loop between post and mobo screen. Could enter bio zero issue. Spent hours thinking it was the usb or something.Tried CSM on, fast boot off etc, nothing. Finally reseated GPU and memory, still nothing. Figure ok, lets bypass gpu and just plug into DP port in mobo, since bio was seeing the ram no issue. Booted into windows install with zero issue. Got into windows, DL GPU drivers, installed and tried again to see if I could use DP on GPU. Nada, same boot loop, never starts windows. Try the HDMI on GPU, works fine. Finally figured out, ok its the fucking DP ports on the GPU, might have to RMA. Since the cable worked fine to mobo. Still I decided to try another cable for shits, since I had an extra. Plugged new cable into GPU, zero issues. So something about my old DP cable the GPU didn't like at all, even though the mobo worked fine with it.
There may be a GPU firmware update for that. But a new cable is better.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like I need a side by side comparison of a PC that has a water cooled 13900 and a water cooled Strix 4090. My newest setup is all air cooled and unless Im stress testing the CPU - I never see any obnoxious temperatures. (13900 is just scary on a stress test. Thing fucking super nova's and looking it up, thats suppose to be "normal.")

I know there are benefits to having a lower temperature, obviously. But to see them in action, side by side, would cement water cooling as necessary or not.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have been slow building this on the side for a couple months now mainly because dumb costly and I want it a certain way. It should be done in under a week or so.

IMG_3228.jpeg
as for the question on the Optimus, I actually had it shipped the very next day overnighted.

Everything is push/pull using T-30s and Scythe Kaze slims. Bottom and rear are intake with top being exhaust. I am considering putting a couple Scythe on the side to be intake also as I plan to did a way to seal as many mesh points as possible.

Most aspects of this build is a bit of an experiment, but luckily for me and unluckily for PerformancePCparts, they keep having me make small orders and go pick them up

Also, not sure how I bothered using anything but this for cutting tubes and haters.

IMG_3230.jpeg

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I feel like I need a side by side comparison of a PC that has a water cooled 13900 and a water cooled Strix 4090. My newest setup is all air cooled and unless Im stress testing the CPU - I never see any obnoxious temperatures. (13900 is just scary on a stress test. Thing fucking super nova's and looking it up, thats suppose to be "normal.")

I know there are benefits to having a lower temperature, obviously. But to see them in action, side by side, would cement water cooling as necessary or not.

I have a 7950X 7900XTX build I may compare them when this is all said and done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
can someone summarize ltt drama, looks like former emplyee said toxic environment, blah blah

*edit
found 1 by the redhead dorky girl

somehow she believes her "fame" is by her own volition and has nothing to do w/ ltt

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
can someone summarize ltt drama, looks like former emplyee said toxic environment, blah blah

*edit
found 1 by the redhead dorky girl

somehow she believes her "fame" is by her own volition and has nothing to do w/ ltt
Didn the fat guy that went tranny basically say the same thing? As if ANYONE would have given two flying fucks about that fat fucking piece of garbage without LTT, even with his big brain knowledge on Linux.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Didn the fat guy that went tranny basically say the same thing? As if ANYONE would have given two flying fucks about that fat fucking piece of garbage without LTT, even with his big brain knowledge on Linux.
idk, i haven't seen fat tranny in a while, it's usually linus w/ the other fat, but not super fat blond guy

ok from what i see, looks like ltt called out pc jesus for limited hardware testing (like anyone really gives a shit???, but i'm sure we all trust pc jesus more than janky ltt anyway)

so pc jesus is this reply

and now ltt disteners are voicing their opinions

jesus christ this ltt ceo has zero charisma

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
He still sounded like a prick in his portion - ffs, im okay never watching their shit again.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
idk, i haven't seen fat tranny in a while, it's usually linus w/ the other fat, but not super fat blond guy

ok from what i see, looks like ltt called out pc jesus for limited hardware testing (like anyone really gives a shit???, but i'm sure we all trust pc jesus more than janky ltt anyway)

so pc jesus is this reply

and now ltt disteners are voicing their opinions

jesus christ this ltt ceo has zero charisma

Wait! Anthony is Transwhateverthefuckever? Is everyone fuckin Trans!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looking for a recommendation on a cheap desktop for old people. My folks only use their computer for internet and streaming movies. Their 20 year old desktop is slow as shit and the latest update they tried to install killed their sound. I’ve tried everything I can think of, including update rollback, but it’s borked.

TLDR: need a cheap desktop for old people that just needs to be reliable and fast…or maybe a big-screened chrome book type laptop would be better?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Looking for a recommendation on a cheap desktop for old people. My folks only use their computer for internet and streaming movies. Their 20 year old desktop is slow as shit and the latest update they tried to install killed their sound. I’ve tried everything I can think of, including update rollback, but it’s borked.

TLDR: need a cheap desktop for old people that just needs to be reliable and fast…or maybe a big-screened chrome book type laptop would be better?
yea for old ppl just get a chromebook, they just use it for internet, gmail and youtube anyway

i mean is there any windows program they are using that you can't put on a chrome book?

yea, nope

or get them a firehd 10in for 150bucks and buy a bt keyboard/cover for 30bucks, and then they are also in the amazon ecosystem (buy them amazon movies/kindle etc)
ceed91e7c86f5814a5e3e747c410e30a.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea for old ppl just get a chromebook, they just use it for internet, gmail and youtube anyway

i mean is there any windows program they are using that you can't put on a chrome book?

yea, nope

or get them a firehd 10in for 150bucks and buy a bt keyboard/cover for 30bucks, and then they are also in the amazon ecosystem (buy them amazon movies/kindle etc)
ceed91e7c86f5814a5e3e747c410e30a.png
Thanks. Any specific chrome book you’d recommend for them? Dad insists on a big screen (at least 17 in) but that’s huuuge for something intended to be portable.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks. Any specific chrome book you’d recommend for them? Dad insists on a big screen (at least 17 in) but that’s huuuge for something intended to be portable.
not really, acer has some 17in models, your best bet is to go for an acer or lenovo, the acer 17in is under 400bucks so it won't even break the bank

just remember to not get the one that is "for gaming" b/c usually the gaming will make the chrome book not touchscreen, and old ppl love to use the chrome book as a touch screen too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user