Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't able to login and check, or even dive in to Reddit etc... Work things, divorce things, very alcohol. Anyways, you can just do each faction or you are forced to pick just one? This is on a single character, not with alts.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One faction per character, choose wisely (FWC for guns, NM for looks) if you don't have alts.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, people on reddit all going DO for the stupid scout rifle reward at end, which is OK, I guess, but in reality FWC has all the goodies when it comes to the actual faction grind including a scout that is pretty fucking good too.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Grove of Ulan-Tan in Lost Oasis on Io is better, imo, 3-4 items every 20sec, no need to kill anything. I did that while waiting for a PE to pop. Yep, it is boring, so I couldn't just do that, haha.

Edit: The NM shotgun isn't that bad, full-auto with good range / stability, it just isn't as good as Hawthornes. Pretty much sums up all the Faction weapons, I suppose (though I do like The Number a lot).
The number was around before the faction thing though. I’ve been using it for quite awhile

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The number does not have high cal rounds though like Uriels gift Ar that everyone is using. Which goes a long way to flinching the shit out of anyone you face. I honestly find all 3 usable, Cant really tell too much difference in PvP, the Uriel, the Number, and Jiangshi or whatever. They are all so close to each other that it really just a preference thing. I honestly cannot remember the last time I have gotten a kill in PvP with the ricochet thing with both the Hard light in D1 or the Number last night when i as running cruclible weekly. Not saying that it doesnt happen, its just pretty fucking rare.

Now the guns that had the armor pen from D1 were the shit, remember those snipes in Yr1 or 2? Cand remember, anyway one of the first Iron Banner dropped some armor piercing snipers which could literally shoot through walls. fucking magical until nerfed, lol.

Vorph

Shotgun is decent, titan armor looks good (and is resto), shaders are really nice since they're the only one of the three that were allowed to have glossy/metallic shaders that compete with Eververse's mtx bullshit.

Edit: One (only?) good thing about these boring ass token farms people have come up with--they work great even when you're playing on a Vita over the internet. :D

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dead Orbit pulse rifle, Three Graves, isn't bad. It is slow, good range, and has Outlaw, the rest of the DO guns are bleh.

Vorph

I kind of lump pulse rifles down there with HCs. Even the supposed best one (Nightshade) is miserable to use compared to stuff like Nameless Midnight and Origin Story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I kind of lump pulse rifles down there with HCs. Even the supposed best one (Nightshade) is miserable to use compared to stuff like Nameless Midnight and Origin Story.

Yup my go to is scout primary and energy AR for both PvE and PvP. Handcannons could be used in PvE if you get one with solid fast reload. I tried the FWC last night and the reload is too fucking long. I tried it in PvP and it hits like a truck, but its no AR, thats for sure. You have to hit your shots to the head. I think with practice HC s would be dcent. But thats the downside with hand cannons. Pulses were always pretty good in D1, yr 2 and yr 3 I dont know why they are so weak in this game.

Vorph

Yeah, I burned my two 305 MIDAs on Nameless Midnight and Manannan SR4. An AR (The Number/Origin Story) goes perfectly with an explosive scout rifle so I kind of feel at this point there's only 4 guns in the game. I pretty much rule out all the exotics because of how useful Merciless and Wardcliff Coil are.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Speaking of that, wtf is up with the matchmaking in this game? I had to solo about half the PEs I did yesterday because the game can't seem to populate the goddamn instances. I find it extremely hard to believe that the flashpoint planet is practically empty all day long on reset day. I even tried fast traveling like 10x in a row as a PE was prepping and it put me back in the same solo instance every time.

Mentioned this before but have noticed it big time since launch. I've noticed that it initially puts me into a populated instance and then, as people leave, it does not replace them. If I try to fast travel/reload the instance, it takes quite a number of tries to get put in a new one. @Zarcath fix this instance matchmaking!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Mentioned this before but have noticed it big time since launch. I've noticed that it initially puts me into a populated instance and then, as people leave, it does not replace them. If I try to fast travel/reload the instance, it takes quite a number of tries to get put in a new one. @Zarcath fix this instance matchmaking!

Yeah sometimes this happens to me. Last night for instance was grinding some PEs again on Titan, plus doing those new faction event things. Shit was rolling smoothly, for a few hours I was going between the two platforms, fast traveling and people were everywhere, then all of a sudden I fast traveled to the first platform, it was dead, fast traveled again, dead again, etc.... So I just quit, worked on my PvP shit. Definitely seems ike there is a bug in their system. Maybe next time Ill try to go to orbit, then back again.

Also IO was dead for me as well last night. I think I saw 2 people total. But I had my son with me and we still rocked the flashpoint out. My thought is people were doing the faction 6 crate thig all night, lol.

I think that whole thing with the crate grinding is boring as fuck, I mean I know why people do it, but why not PEs? You get your flashpoint done, do PEs get planetary tokens plus 8 faction tokens each. Not to mention all the gunsmith shit too. And its like 250% more fun than shooting crates for hours, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I burned my two 305 MIDAs on Nameless Midnight and Manannan SR4. An AR (The Number/Origin Story) goes perfectly with an explosive scout rifle so I kind of feel at this point there's only 4 guns in the game. I pretty much rule out all the exotics because of how useful Merciless and Wardcliff Coil are.
Same, but I usually have Hawthorne's shotgun, it is such a beast for fast single target dmg.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah sometimes this happens to me. Last night for instance was grinding some PEs again on Titan, plus doing those new faction event things. Shit was rolling smoothly, for a few hours I was going between the two platforms, fast traveling and people were everywhere, then all of a sudden I fast traveled to the first platform, it was dead, fast traveled again, dead again, etc.... So I just quit, worked on my PvP shit. Definitely seems ike there is a bug in their system. Maybe next time Ill try to go to orbit, then back again.

Also IO was dead for me as well last night. I think I saw 2 people total. But I had my son with me and we still rocked the flashpoint out. My thought is people were doing the faction 6 crate thig all night, lol.

I think that whole thing with the crate grinding is boring as fuck, I mean I know why people do it, but why not PEs? You get your flashpoint done, do PEs get planetary tokens plus 8 faction tokens each. Not to mention all the gunsmith shit too. And its like 250% more fun than shooting crates for hours, lol.
They think its easier. Bungie could have just placed the tokens inside the chest at the end of a Lost Sector, say 4, and people would probably be more spread out.

About populated zones. If you're in a 2-man team, my experience so far has been that you are never placed in a populated zone, but you'll see people come into your zone one at a time.

Vorph

I carry Hawthorne's around too, but usually keep Wardcliff equipped because of the trick that converts its last unit of ammo into a full load for any other power weapon.

And yeah, I did the loot caves because it was more efficient to do that while waiting for PEs to pop in the zone I was in. Got flashpoint, clan xp, and hundreds of tokens without having to dick around. And besides when I did try to dick around and get the PEs done quicker I ended up trying to solo them which is annoying as hell even on my hunter that can actually win vs. heroic modes.

Edit: Seems there's a cap on faction shit, past rank 30 you only get shaders. It's not clear if the additional rep still applies to the event.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you tell your rank, aside from the point you only get shaders? DIM isn't showing me the ranks.

Vorph

Go to destinytracker.com, put in your id, and switch to perspective: PVE.

Or just add up the shaders you got from a faction and divide by 2.