Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Won't PC have a Clan chat channel?
Yeah, it should be pretty much like Diablo 3's chat since they're using the battle.net client.

Anyone done the MIDA quest out of order on an alt? The Mini-tool isn't going to poof if I do the second half first, is it?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Anyone done the MIDA quest out of order on an alt? The Mini-tool isn't going to poof if I do the second half first, is it?
Out of order in what way? You have to complete the requirements listed on the quest items you get in your inventory as you get the different steps. If a quest item has multiple steps listed, you can do them in any order.

If you dismantle 5 scouts while you are still on the kill phase of the quest you're gonna have a bad time.

Vorph

Banshee offers alts the MIDA Multi-tool quest even if you haven't done the Mini-tool yet. My warlock is high enough level to get a 305 Multi and I want to do that part first, then pick up the Mini so that it is higher level.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The kid is 305 on his Hunter and 304 on the Titan and claims he is in the top few hundred of the game.

I told him good job and to go to bed.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This faction shit kinda sucks. Spent like an hour playing and just doing PEs for flashpoint plus a couple more I ended up with enough coins to get pretty much all of the weapons. Seems super shallow

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This faction shit kinda sucks. Spent like an hour playing and just doing PEs for flashpoint plus a couple more I ended up with enough coins to get pretty much all of the weapons. Seems super shallow
Yep got the whole set set for hunter, including all weapons lol. I guess they really dont want you to grind at all in this game, do they?

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Are there any leaderboards or similar for the faction rally? I would have expected some sort of UI element in the Tower or elsewhere that showed the relative rankings

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there any leaderboards or similar for the faction rally? I would have expected some sort of UI element in the Tower or elsewhere that showed the relative rankings
Not that I've seen, which is a disappointment. It would be fun to see the amounts for each Faction during the event.

Yep got the whole set set for hunter, including all weapons lol. I guess they really dont want you to grind at all in this game, do they?
You are grinding for a reward item, if you want it, get out there are make sure your Faction wins. That is your grind. It took 400 or so FWC tokens to finally get The Number, while it took under 100 to get ALL the NM weapons. RNG will be RNG.

I do feel sorta that same way. I'd prefer the reward weapon(s) to be a bit more special, and another nice carrot would be to have an exotic class item as a very rare reward from their engrams.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I take it back, looking back today, I never got the chest piece. But everything else I got, about 200 or so tokens just causal PE grinding with my kid last night.

Vorph

Did 280 for DO, 340 for NM, and 160 for FWC and I've got everything except hunter chest (which is where my exotic is) and titan mark. Might farm some more NM shaders because I got more of the ugly one than the good one, but otherwise I don't know why anyone would bother. DO is 100% garbage--even the armor looks like shit when you try to apply shaders to it--and they're going to win no matter what.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grove of Ulan-Tan in Lost Oasis on Io is better, imo, 3-4 items every 20sec, no need to kill anything. I did that while waiting for a PE to pop. Yep, it is boring, so I couldn't just do that, haha.

Edit: The NM shotgun isn't that bad, full-auto with good range / stability, it just isn't as good as Hawthornes. Pretty much sums up all the Faction weapons, I suppose (though I do like The Number a lot).

Vorph

Yeah that's where I got all mine too. Cargo Bay might be faster, but it's not going to get your flashpoint done too, and the amount of time needed to finish that and clan xp seems more than sufficient to get all the stuff most people would want. The mistake the first guides made was clearing all of the Grove ones when going past the first room is a big waste of time.

Speaking of that, wtf is up with the matchmaking in this game? I had to solo about half the PEs I did yesterday because the game can't seem to populate the goddamn instances. I find it extremely hard to believe that the flashpoint planet is practically empty all day long on reset day. I even tried fast traveling like 10x in a row as a PE was prepping and it put me back in the same solo instance every time.

• 1Solidarity

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do any of you guys group up for the Nightfall / Leviathan / Trials of the 9 content? I find the clan system pretty clunky and not very conducive to finding groups, but i'd love to do at least the Nightfall stuff once per week.

I'm in the clan (PS4) as Cthatch81 if anyone wants to create a fireteam for this stuff.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that's where I got all mine too. Cargo Bay might be faster, but it's not going to get your flashpoint done too, and the amount of time needed to finish that and clan xp seems more than sufficient to get all the stuff most people would want. The mistake the first guides made was clearing all of the Grove ones when going past the first room is a big waste of time.

Speaking of that, wtf is up with the matchmaking in this game? I had to solo about half the PEs I did yesterday because the game can't seem to populate the goddamn instances. I find it extremely hard to believe that the flashpoint planet is practically empty all day long on reset day. I even tried fast traveling like 10x in a row as a PE was prepping and it put me back in the same solo instance every time.
Hm, I've had really good luck in traveling into a populated instance since reset, almost made me think they adjusted something.

Vorph

Edit: The NM shotgun isn't that bad, full-auto with good range / stability, it just isn't as good as Hawthornes. Pretty much sums up all the Faction weapons, I suppose (though I do like The Number a lot).
Yeah, imo there's three weapons you really need to get:

The Number (FWC) - easily the best energy AR, and I'd say the best legendary energy weapon period if you're using Nameless Midnight in primary (if not, there's a strong case for using Manannan SR4 for energy slot).

True Prophecy (FWC) - kinetic hand cannon that has bullets which stick to targets and then explode -- essentially there's no falloff on it because 100% of the damage is from the explosion. Better Devils is probably still superior if you're shooting inside normal effective ranges, but that's basically the one weapon I absolutely cannot get to drop.

Unification VII (NM) - single slug auto-shotgun. I agree it's debatable whether or not it's as good as Hawthorne's or even GBS, but you'll probably get half a dozen of the things if you farm up some of their shaders/armor anyway, so save one.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried out True Prophecy for a bit, but the reload is so slow I would have to use it on a Gunslinger Hunter with some reload mod, which I won't do, plus I dislike HC's atm. Trying out the DO weapons today as I get them, so far the HC, Sidearm and Shotgun are all... blah.