Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Just joined the clan and downloading the game on PS4. Should be ready when I wake up. Anything new or stand out as good info to know before starting?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Take your time, enjoy the game. You will be maxed out in what feels like no time. People that rush through are now people that complain about a lack of content.

Also, play Hunter because the jumps for both other classes suck a bag of dicks.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Take your time, enjoy the game. You will be maxed out in what feels like no time. People that rush through are now people that complain about a lack of content.

Also, play Hunter because the jumps for both other classes suck a bag of dicks.
Wat. Titan jump best jump.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
hunters are the weakest class in PVE though, warlocks are probably on top although titans are pretty strong as well especially in nightfall but 4-5x warlocks in the raid is OP as fuck. not sure about trials though, invis for hunters is really nice but blink and speed/melee range on warlocks is pretty OP

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hunter abilities could use some fixing but I've never felt weak. Golden gun can drop 30-50% of boss health in a single shot, arc super can stunlock bosses, shadowshot can generate mass orbs. Dodges in general are whack (needs i-frames) but triple jump is life.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I main Hunter and I've cleared all content. I have Lock and Titan too and still prefer Hunter in everything. Just wish they still had blink.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Titans have the best jump for PvE, Hunter probably the best for PvP. Warlock jump is aids in all facets of the game
Warlocks have the best class ability with rifts, not even close.
Supers all have their place, but personally I like warlocks the best (except for solar which is trash). All classes have good ones though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
In PvP hunters are still strong. Maybe their supers are not like D1 level and the void hunter is really lacking this time around with no mombo wombo, but they still have the quickest jump, quickest strafe speed, which really comes into play in PvP.

But they really neutered every class in PvP compared to D1. Longer TTK, longer ability cool downs, grenades are all ass other than maybe 2. Its definitely not as fun as D1.

In D1 you felt more like a guardian with space magic and powerful weapons. You could literally at times carry an entire team of potatoes if you played well. In this game? Everyone just huddles together peaking corners. It really wasnt a drastic change to TTK either, only slight, and yet the game feels glacial compared to D1.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blink is the fastest movement, at least there's that going for it. Kind of annoying when you need to swap it out to jump up onto something though, I'll give you that. I'd agree that titan is the best overall though, but I don't understand why so many people seem to prefer the max control jump to high jump; I never use anything but high jump myself.

I like hunter the best overall by a pretty large margin though. Arc super with Raiden Flux equipped can murder almost any heroic PE boss solo, and the damage+stunlock allows the rest of the group to go nuts on strike bosses too. I find it does anywhere from "a lot more" to "vastly more" damage than any other super in the game. Nightblade would be cool if I had Orpheus Rig, but that's one of the few exotics I still haven't had drop, and it sucks that tether doesn't do a damned thing to bosses that matter. I've always hated golden gun, and it's rather silly that people avoid unlocking the six-shot because it's an overall negative change to the super, but I guess it's fine for when the arc super will get you killed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Arc super sucks in PvP though for hunters cant close the gap fast enough before youre gunned down, solar is guaranteed at least 2 kills, maybe 3 if you got all 4 of them around. They really need that helmet back from D1 for 6x damage on golden gun for PvE. I remember that shit one shot nightfall bosses during solar burn.

IMO titan has the best supers in PvP and PvE maybe not solar though, they really nerfed the hammers in D1 and seems like they kept that shit the same in D2.

Warlock void is nerfed in PvP, fucking slownova, people actually out run that shit sometimes, lol. Arc is still the same from D1, probably best for PvP and the new solar seems to do some work, but its too fast firing and runs out to quick IMO, maybe good for bosses but not for PvP IMO.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Celestial Nighthawk still exists, I use it when I play Gunslinger. Not sure what the multiplier on it is, but it takes about 1/3 of the life off of a D2 NF boss with solar burn. Actual max damage is probably much higher than that but D2 seems to place a cap on everything.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
hunter arc super in pve is amazing. it does the most damage out of all of my character's specials.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
and it's rather silly that people avoid unlocking the six-shot because it's an overall negative change to the super
Unfortunately, without that exotic grenade launcher, the six shot spec is the only way I can solo watcher rooms for raid chests. Fire one rocket, dodge, fire second, trigger GG and double tap the remaining two.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hmm at 285 after yesterday. Still have Nightfall to finish for one more powerful engram. May just go and do Mida for the heck of it. Should have put myself in a position to be ready for rat king with last weeks easy Nightfall.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Hmm at 285 after yesterday. Still have Nightfall to finish for one more powerful engram. May just go and do Mida for the heck of it. Should have put myself in a position to be ready for rat king with last weeks easy Nightfall.
Saw a way to get 4 anamolies over and over this week. Would be down to do NF and nake sure to get 5min left for rat king tonight

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Saw a way to get 4 anamolies over and over this week. Would be down to do NF and nake sure to get 5min left for rat king tonight

Well I’ve gotta do the whole damn quest, not even sure how long that’d take. Gotta run an errand after work so probably won’t be on until later tonight.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
They really need that helmet back from D1 for 6x damage on golden gun for PvE. I remember that shit one shot nightfall bosses during solar burn.

Celestial Nighthawk? It's in D2, I have it. Does 500k on Calus.