Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Heh, Prospector is the only exotic weapon I don't have either.
Oh, there are many others I don't have yet. Borealis, darci, graviton, hard light, rat king, skyburner, sturm and of course acrius. For Hunter armors I am only missing spine and stompees. Titan and warlock I only have the few armors that Xur has sold.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah right, and I was only counting engram ones anyway. I don't have Acrius and won't be able to get Rat King ever. Not really missing out on much as far as the rest go. Borealis is ok in the extremely rare case of actually wanting to use a sniper, Hard Light could have been good if it changed elements like Borealis and actually had the stability which its stats and mods promise, and the rest are junk compared to legendaries.

Speaking of Sturm, anyone know the min base level required to guarantee a 305? I'm on my last one and I want a 305 for infusion fodder, but the stupid quest turn-in is the only one that doesn't let you preview the power level first. For MIDA it's 293 minimum to have a 50/50 chance of getting 304 or 305, 294 if you don't want to check every 30 minutes to see what Banshee is offering. I'm guessing Sturm drops down to +8/+9 or so since it started at +12; MIDA is +15 until the upper 280's and then slides down to +11/+12.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, i feel like all the exotics weapons are distinctly lacking in "oomph." except for sunshot. i love that thing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
honestly, i feel like all the exotics weapons are distinctly lacking in "oomph." except for sunshot. i love that thing.
Merciless, Coldheart and Wardcliff are awesome heavies, vigilance wing is great in PvP

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
coldheart isn't a heavy, and from my use it just feels like the ramp up time doesn't equal sunshots constant. and while i don't have merciless yet, the quick firing thing is the exotic perk.

also, help me understand wardcliff. i feel like i'm seriously missing something. because when i use it... well. i just seriously miss with it. is there a specific range i should be using it at?

Vorph

Primary: Nothing competes with Nameless Midnight in PVE. If I feel like using something else, it's always Origin Story or Scathelocke, never an exotic.
Energy: Riskrunner is great, Coldheart has a very good niche (raid). Sunshot was fun to use from 11-20 but feels kind of weak now.
Heavy: Keep Wardcliff equipped almost always, swap to Merciless when I have 1 ammo left (to get 14).

Merciless' fire rate increases every time you shoot something but don't get a kill. Reloading resets it, so use titan rally shield/hunter dodge/warlock rift w/Luna boots to bypass that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Merciless I love. Is the quick fire thing a function of those or a perk on Merciless?
A function of what? Merciless' exotic perk is that it fires faster each time you shoot and don't kill something.

coldheart isn't a heavy
Whoops. Just feels like a heavy because it wrecks.

Sunshot I don't actually care much for outside of bringing down centurion shields or killing thrall hordes. I use Better Devils as my go-to hand cannon now.

Vorph

I'm curious what other people feel are good the absolute best legendaries. As far as I'm concerned there's only a small handful of those that are worth using too, maybe 1-2 of each type.

Scout - Nameless Midnight for kinetic, Manannan SR4 for energy. I infused these with my two 305 MIDAs because Explosive Payload is the godking of mods.
AR - Origin Story or Scathelocke for kinetic, The Number or Uriel's Gift for energy.
HC - The Better Devils I wish I had but don't for kinetic, Annual Skate (meh, I'd never actually use this over Manannan) for energy.
Pulse - LOL. Nightshade if you really must have one for kinetic, energy is a big fat NOPE.
SMG - Antiope-D for kinetic, and I think energy all suck, including the MIDA Mini-tool. YMMV.
Sidearm - The Last Dance and Last Hope seem popular for PVP but I don't like sidearms in PVE at all.
Shotgun - Hawthorne's. Good Bone Structure and Unification VII are alright.
Linear Fusion - Tarantula and Man O' War are both good.
Sword - Unspoken Promise if you aren't a hunter, Quickfang if you are. It Stared Back is a direct upgrade from UP if you raid.
Rocket - Curtain Call, or Morrigan-D if you are like me and can't be bothered wasting time on the shitty not-fun strike playlist. Why the hell can't Banshee hand out Vanguard weapons??? Also, Sins of the Past if you raid.
Fusion - No. Shock and Awe if you really insist?
Grenade Launcher - Hell no.

I'd really like to delete everything else, but I just know they'll end up making something that's trash now really good later on. Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
coldheart isn't a heavy, and from my use it just feels like the ramp up time doesn't equal sunshots constant. and while i don't have merciless yet, the quick firing thing is the exotic perk.

also, help me understand wardcliff. i feel like i'm seriously missing something. because when i use it... well. i just seriously miss with it. is there a specific range i should be using it at?
Coil will go after everything in your FoV; so when you ADS just make sure something or lots of somethings are visible. Also, it shoots a volley of rockets, so try to maintain your aim while it fires off the volley. Easily one of my favorite weapons, but it has also killed me a lot.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm curious what other people feel are good the absolute best legendaries. As far as I'm concerned there's only a small handful of those that are worth using too, maybe 1-2 of each type.

Scout - Nameless Midnight for kinetic, Manannan SR4 for energy. I infused these with my two 305 MIDAs because Explosive Payload is the godking of mods.
AR - Origin Story or Scathelocke for kinetic, The Number or Uriel's Gift for energy.
HC - The Better Devils I wish I had but don't for kinetic, Annual Skate (meh, I'd never actually use this over Manannan) for energy.
Pulse - LOL. Nightshade if you really must have one for kinetic, energy is a big fat NOPE.
SMG - Antiope-D for kinetic, and I think energy all suck, including the MIDA Mini-tool. YMMV.
Sidearm - The Last Dance and Last Hope seem popular for PVP but I don't like sidearms in PVE at all.
Shotgun - Hawthorne's. Good Bone Structure and Unification VII are alright.
Linear Fusion - Tarantula and Man O' War are both good.
Sword - Unspoken Promise if you aren't a hunter, Quickfang if you are. It Stared Back is a direct upgrade from UP if you raid.
Rocket - Curtain Call, or Morrigan-D if you are like me and can't be bothered wasting time on the shitty not-fun strike playlist. Why the hell can't Banshee hand out Vanguard weapons??? Also, Sins of the Past if you raid.
Fusion - No. Shock and Awe if you really insist?
Grenade Launcher - Hell no.

I'd really like to delete everything else, but I just know they'll end up making something that's trash now really good later on. Did I miss anything?

Scout: Nameless Midnight / Pleiades Corrector (Unitl I manage to get a Manannan)
AR: Origin Story / The Number / Uriels Gift / Valakadyn (very very underrated AR)
HC: Never use them, but when I do, I have a Better Devils
Pulse: Nightshade seems to be the only choice, its a solid gun
SMG: Antiope-D / Trials SMG
SA: Last Hope, great gun
Shotgun: Hawthornes is the best, close second is Unification VII
Linear Fusion: either one
Sword: Only use the Hunter sword, because... ninja
Rocket: the Hakke launcher with mild tracking
Fusion: what?
Grenade: maybe someday

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Scout: Nameless Midnight
AR: The Persecutor / Uriel's / Martyr's Make
HC: Better Devils / Old Fashion
Shotty: Hawthorne, Unification
Rocket: Curtain Call, do strikes, worth it

Pulse/SMG/SA/Fusion/Sniper/Sword: fuck em

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be down for raid completion this week. Upgraded to 298 and have merciless ready. I see we didn't get the raid Ingram last week, no fun!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Someone needs to get on that Trials clan engram as well
I've been wondering about that too. I mean, I'm not going to complain since I absolutely refuse to even set foot in pvp in D2, but isn't it weird that nobody is doing trials since the first week?

spronk

FPS noob
For the clan engram half the team (raid or PVP) have to be part of the same clan, and while I'm sure people in the clan are doing both probably not with a half clan team. Also I think the trials one requires a flawless run.

Anyways first true D2 cheese found, you can respawn Calus with zero enemies in the throne room. niiice
VERY EASY CALUS CHEESE • r/DestinyTheGame

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For the clan engram half the team (raid or PVP) have to be part of the same clan, and while I'm sure people in the clan are doing both probably not with a half clan team. Also I think the trials one requires a flawless run.

Anyways first true D2 cheese found, you can respawn Calus with zero enemies in the throne room. niiice
VERY EASY CALUS CHEESE • r/DestinyTheGame
Lol that sounds fun. Might have ammo problems though

Vorph

Ah, I didn't realize it required a 7 win ticket. That seems rather absurd compared to every other 'powerful reward'.