Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never played Destiny 1 so tried this out last night. Seemed fun. Only made it to level 4 but the story is interesting enough and things go boom pretty easy.

I always seem to run out of ammo for my assault rifle. Is there a secret to keeping certain ammo types refreshed? It's kinetic ammo, is there just not a lot at the start of the game?

I should just disassemble everything white and green right?

I started as a Titan. Which subclass is best for soloing?

Thanks bros!
I can't figure out if I'm just paranoid because everyone is min/maxing, or if I actually need to.

Unfortunately it's kind of ruining some of the fun of the game because I'm afraid I'll accept a quest reward when I wasn't supposed to, or complete a quest at the wrong power level.

I just need someone to tell me not to worry about any of that and that doing something isn't going to make the end game grind impossible because I did something out of order.

Anyway, so far I've come to the conclusion that I should only do story missions until 20, never accept any rewards (not sure if this includes story exotics?), and keep 5-10 blue scout rifles. I've been disassembling pretty much everything, so hopefully blues are okay too.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I can't figure out if I'm just paranoid because everyone is min/maxing, or if I actually need to.

Unfortunately it's kind of ruining some of the fun of the game because I'm afraid I'll accept a quest reward when I wasn't supposed to, or complete a quest at the wrong power level.

I just need someone to tell me not to worry about any of that and that doing something isn't going to make the end game grind impossible because I did something out of order.

Anyway, so far I've come to the conclusion that I should only do story missions until 20, never accept any rewards (not sure if this includes story exotics?), and keep 5-10 blue scout rifles. I've been disassembling pretty much everything, so hopefully blues are okay too.
Don't, worry about any of that tbh. It won't make the end game grind impossible. Essentially it will make it a few weeks shorter to 305 power, which doesn't even matter as 280 is fine for everything but prestige nightfall and raid.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Wouldn't worry about min/maxing.

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol at Bungie fucking up the bans yesterday. Good friend of mine, known for 20+ years, got banned. No reason given. Literally a clean install of Windows (he just got a 1080 ti a few weeks ago and it was running weird when he swapped out his 1070, fans at 100% and he couldn't control it, so he did a clean install and fixed the problem) but he was banned. Everyone on every forum saying "yeah right you fucking cheater" (are there even cheats/hacks for this game yet??? fucking bullshit). And guess what, his ban was lifted last night after Bungie's little "oh we might have screwed up with a group of players, oops" update.

Fucking ridiculous, they didn't even apologize or offer some kind of compensation. Soured the whole launch of this game for my group of friends. Why bother playing if you can be banned at any time for no reason with no recourse?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i wouldn't worry about min/maxing at all, just do whatever tickles your pickle. Its not like MMOs where one class is very tanky and one is very healer-y. Warlocks are in the best spot PVE right now with titans like 0.1% behind them, hunters are pretty good but don't give any group buffs like the other two. In PVP classes don't really matter that much, its about rolling together as a team ball and getting team shot kills and the weapons you use, you will use your super power maybe once or twice a match max.

The only things to remember while leveling are: accept the final exotic engram zavala gives you (its the very final step of the main campaign story) but don't decode it at rahool until your light is 265+. Bank 5 scout rifles (green/blue doesn't matter) in your vault for disassembly later during the MIDA multitool quest you get from the Gunsmith. Join a clan before you even start playing so you get all the clan benefits invisibly.

You can technically easily hit 280 light this week just by leveling, then doing public events, then doing the 3 exotic quest planet quests, decoding your zavala engram, and doing all your power engram weeklies (in any order really). Then next week you can easily go in the raid at 280, get some loot, do your power engrams, and hit 290-295. Rinse and repeat for another 2 weeks and you'll cap out at 305 and be done. It goes even faster when you repeat it on your 2 alts since you are raining new weapons down on yourself and weapons weigh heavier on your light level than armor.

Your third alt ends up being the highest light level usually since he gets the benefit of the weapons from the other two so most people are leveling their chars in this way: hunter first, titan second, warlock third (or warlock/titan, depending on which class you really like more). Warlock jumps suck (but only class with blink which is OPAF) and titans move very cool and their arc grenade is insanely OP but otherwise the classes are not that different.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just playing and not stressing about waiting on engrams and I'm at 295 light now. With alts at 290 and 285. If you play all phases of the game, join a clan for the rewards, have a group of 3 for Nightfall you get the gear you need. On top of the exotic quest, random drops, gunsmith turn ins etc etc etc... just so many ways to gear up there is no need to min/max anything.

I enjoy all the Gameplay though so if you hate crucible or pve then it's slower.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well, don't worry about any of that shit. Power levels beyond 280 are completely useless unless you are doing prestige nightfall / raid. You should be 220-240 by the end of the campaign. Normal nightfall requires 240. Raid requires 260 but scales to 280. You can break all of those barriers by just grinding public events if you really wanted to.

Min/maxing saves maybe one reset cycle worth of play. When you are maxed out you are going to be clamoring for more to do, so don't rush it. No point.

Also, get used to dismantling everything outside of a few weapons (look up a list of what to keep/watch for). Even if you do dismantle something amazing, you're going to get it again.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What about the zone token/coins or whatever (shit you get from random chests)? I read something about not turning those in; why not? It looks like all it does is increase faction for that NPC.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
No reason at all. Just more rewards for you to infuse/dismantle. Each faction vendor has their own table of items to collect. No point in putting it off. You get a purple engram for every 20 tokens. I think weapon smith requires more, 26? The other exception being Ikora, she only needs like 3 but you are limited to 3 missions/day.

Here are some weapon breakdowns for you:
Recommended Legendary Kinetic and Elemental Weapons for PvP
Recommended Auto Rifles for PvP
Recommended PvE Weapons

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
What about the zone token/coins or whatever (shit you get from random chests)? I read something about not turning those in; why not? It looks like all it does is increase faction for that NPC.
I've always just turned them in whenever, will get decent looking gear you can just power up of you like and some have good weaps

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
PvP is an entirely different beast in D2 PC. shit is so much faster, reminds me of D1 in a way, just without the supers and nade spam. Crucible quick play matches on consle usually had people at maybe the 20 kill mark, maybe a bit more. I have been in Crucible matches with multiple people posting 35+ kills. Its crazy. Hand cannons are back! Sunshot is my go to so far but have not scored a better devils or old fashion yet. Dont really have much else yet to try out, but definitely a entire different meta. Pulses seem godly too, at least the 540 RPM ones, way much more than console. People are not nut hugging each other as much as well, which is a good thing.

Also, anyone notice a memory leak? Last night it was real bad. I know I have a shit video card, R9 280 4 gig, but I had to restart game like every 1-2 hours last night when it got real chopy and down to liek 45 fps. I dont remember the first night having problems like this, ran the game fine for like 12 hours at 60 FPS no problem on med settings. Anyway went and ordered a 1070 today. Should have it by sat. Also clan list is not showing up either.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There are efficient ways of leveling your light and there are inefficient ways. The difference between the majority of those ways is pretty minimal.

Before 260 your gear levels pretty quickly then it slows down a bit. Then at 280 it slows down a bit more, generally getting about 5 points a week depending on how extremely you play.

I started a week or so after launch, the last few weeks I've played about 6hours a week. I've never stepped in the raid or nightfall and I'm 296, 289 and 294.

Raign

Golden Squire
The whole 'You can only have one Exotic weapon equipped at a time thing" came as a bit of a shock to me. I actually kinda screwed myself a bit because I melted one of my weapons when I had enough shards to upgrade my Gravatron Lance only to discover that I could have either it or the shotgun but not both lol.

#DestinyNewbProblems

I assume there is a similar restriction on the armor side as well? I only own one of those so can't test

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Correct. One exotic weapon, one exotic armor.

Graviton Lance isn't GREAT but it'll probably get more use than the shotgun. Their range SUCKS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raign

Golden Squire
I am running a leech lock currently anyway so I end up meleeing more than I do range fighting. Thanks for the info!

Malkav

French Madman
Any advice on Adventures? Do them as you go or keep them for when you are at level cap?

Edit : just joined the clan as ArcanaXVIII. EU time zone, playing casually.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Any advice on Adventures? Do them as you go or keep them for when you are at level cap?

they are cool, just really no point in doing them aside the quick tokens you get. Quickly become meaningless the more gear you get and the more that tokens are useless. I think I have something like 150+ tokens of each planet on console. think of them as a solo way to get tokens if no one is around for PEs. Just nothing to spend them on now that I have optimal layout and pretty much seen 99% of the weapons (on console).