Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
There was a few videos floating around of a guy showing how bad it was. All you had to do was have the crosshairs near where their head would be and just pull the trigger.

It would snap immediately to the head, they couldn't even react.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit's dope. Gonna be quite a few hours put into this for sure. So many people are playing it on PC, that it's gonna makes Strikes, and more importantly, raids, so fucking sweet.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Help: Destiny 2 PC and Third-Party Application Feature Compatibility | Bungie.net

"“Who’s talking” and visual notification features, such as those provided by Discord or Mumble, are not compatible with Destiny 2"

These asshats are telling you which software is okay to use and which isn't.

I hate everyone who is giving these cunts money. These assholes need to fucking starve to death.

"not compatible" is just newspeak for "it's working fine, but we'll ban you for it"

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Gonna nap. Got my Lock to 265 with Mida done. Still need to do nightfall. Titan tomorrow.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is the PC clan going to be able to rank up til it reaches whatever the max is this Season?

Ladro

Anomaly
So is the PC clan going to be able to rank up til it reaches whatever the max is this Season?
Pretty likely if people play. It's already halfway through rank 2 with enough XP left this week to hit 3 if enough people contribute.

Code:
Rank 2: 39750 / 125000
Weekly Cap: 99250 / 266667

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Weird, I have MSI Afterburner running all the time, it's handy seeing GPU specs on my keyboard LCD display. I wasnt banned but the game would just crash out. Once I shut it down I was good to go.

Game looks and plays incredibly. I have an 'older' GTX 980 and getting solid 60fps. Worth the wait! I'm leveling faster than I thought I would.
I think its overlays that cause the issue. Game has built in FPS meter but if you have it enabled in Afterburner/GFE or discord "whos talking" overlays etc.. there may be..issues. At least from my understanding.

Malkav

French Madman
Hand Cannons are definitely a thing on PC. PVE feels great, running around one shotting dudes.

Definitely gonna grab Sunshot when I get the quest.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So how pissed is Blizzard right now about Battle.net getting associated with this shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
So many people are playing it on PC, that it's gonna makes Strikes, and more importantly, raids, so fucking sweet.

This is gonna be funny to read back in 4 weeks

Honestly the only important clan feature is getting people to run the nightfall, PVP, raid, and trials with at least 50% of the fireteam in one clan. Then EVERYONE in the clan gets an extra powerful engram for that week (it carries over if you forget to pick it up). All the clan banner extras are honestly just bullshit and don't really affect gameplay in any meaningful way, like the console clan is max rank and if more engrams drop from public events or whatever its not enough that its really noticeable in any way.

Still, don't forget to pick up your clan banner from Hawthorne at level 8, may as well fill in that item slot.

Keep in mind the clan engrams is per ACCOUNT not per character so only pick it up on the character you feel needs a power level up. I believe the trials/raid engrams also only drop weapons, no armor.

• 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It appears Blizzard is getting off in Bungie's ass about it, a co-worker saw some posts somewhere about it.

spronk

FPS noob
kicked everyone from the console clan who hasn't logged in 3 weeks, sorry if i accidently got you by accident but it pruned the clan by ~15 people. For those curious there is no tool by bungie to figure it out but d2checklist.com lets you see when the last login of everyone in a clan is, and what activities they have done this week
Destiny 2 Checklist
Destiny 2 Checklist

Just replace the numbers at the end with your own clan id (from bungie.net) to check your clan and prune it if its full.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Mida multi tool + last hope + hunter helm that marks targets being aimed at = pvp jesus

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game runs so smooth, but I'd say it looks worse than what I recall in the PC Beta. It did crash last night after about 4hrs of play, but that was after I started messing around with the graphic settings, both screens went black (second screen is only for browsing, never for gameplay) and Destiny crashed. Same issue was happening in Warframe until I reverted my nvidia drives back to 385.xx (was using the latest 387.xx). What AA setting are most of you using? I've tried both FXAA and SMAA, both work ok, but the gaem still have lots of jaggy edges.

Ladro

Anomaly
I think I've played too much of the console version, trying to land headshots seems a little harder with KB&M. Could be that I need to acclimate to a PC shooter again though, it's been awhile. Gunplay still feels good but I definitely notice the lack of aim assist...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think anti-aliasing is even doing anything in the game at all
I upped the render resolution to 125% and that seemed to help a lot with the little white pixels I saw on the edges of the jagged lines at a distance, game still hits 60, so good for me (with SMAA, can't really stand the blurry look for FXAA).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People complaining about getting banned in a PC shooter get very little sympathy from me, since I'm one to think they are guilty automatically. ;p

Edit: Only 400 people were banned, out of probably several hundred thousand players. Hm, seems like those 400 did something very, very, very specific to get noticed.

• 1Solidarity