Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Destiny 2 Security > News | Bungie.net

We have seen lots of questions about bans being issued in the PC version of Destiny 2. To provide some information, we would like to share some facts.

The following is true:
  • Destiny 2 cannot automatically ban you, only Bungie can ban a player after a manual investigation
  • Yesterday, we banned approximately 400 players on PC
  • Bans were applied to players who were using tools that pose a threat to the shared ecosystem of the game
  • We did not (and will not) issue any bans for the use of overlays or performance tools, including Discord, Xsplit, OBS, RTSS, etc.
  • Information on using third-party applications can be found here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101
  • We are overturning 4 of the bans that were issued during the PC Beta
We are committed to providing an experience that is fun and fair for the millions of players who have joined us in this community.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I never, ever believe a "I GOT BANNED FOR DOING NUFFIN WRONG!" post. They're always guilty until proven innocent. The online world is mostly selfish scum, and to think anything else of anyone, especially some one posting about their innocence, is naive.

If I got banned for doing nothing I'd message the company and work it out. If they still banned me I'd say fuck you and be done with it. Then again I'm not the drama queen most people are I suppose. I've only been banned once, in Diablo 2, for running Pickit and Maphack. Did I complain? No. Did everyone else use those programs? Yes. What did I do? Buy another copy and not cheat.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
I never, ever believe a "I GOT BANNED FOR DOING NUFFIN WRONG!" post. They're always guilty until proven innocent. The online world is mostly selfish scum, and to think anything else of anyone, especially some one posting about their innocence, is naive.

If I got banned for doing nothing I'd message the company and work it out. If they still banned me I'd say fuck you and be done with it. Then again I'm not the drama queen most people are I suppose. I've only been banned once, in Diablo 2, for running Pickit and Maphack. Did I complain? No. Did everyone else use those programs? Yes. What did I do? Buy another copy and not cheat.

Let's be honest, who DIDN'T lose at least 1 account to botting in Diablo II?

• 1Worf

Chelios

Trakanon Raider
I'm gonna clear the raid on XB1 in 30min If anyone is interested in helping me get the raid clan Engram. Msg: JohnWooKilla

spronk

FPS noob
10192017_pc_calendar.jpg

faction rally must be week 4 or 5, i think dlc 1 drops around week 8 (sometime in Dec)

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Hunter to 270, still need to do another Mida and Sturm. Titan tomorrow. 6 campains is a bit much.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why do any exotic quest more than once when you can transfer weapons so easily?
My MIDAs were 284, 305, 305. Infused them into legendary scouts (Nameless Midnight and Manannan SR4) that were actually good in PVE* and able to contribute to my base power level when my highest level power slot weapon was Wardcliff Coil.

That's the biggest reason people do it.

The second reason is like my third Sturm, which is still waiting to be picked up, and will not be picked up until partway through the DLC progression when it should still be good for another big BPL boost when infused into Better Devils or whatever.

(*-Not that this matters, since PVP doesn't care about power level you're better off infusing into a legendary and just buying back a shitty MIDA for PVP use.)

Last edited:

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure if I was having bad luck tonight or what. Working on my titan doing the Titan public events loop and it was just empty. Was hoping to go from 5 to 20 today but ended up calling it at 12 as it was just getting frustrating trying to solo that hive public event at such a low level.

Edit: PC version that is.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bad luck I think, there might be lot more people running EDZ due to seeing a lot streamers there, also there are people doing the Flashpoint on Io. Overall, while I was doing the Titan farm, it was rare not to see people show up, the frustrating part were people destorying the first walker. Switching the Hive event to Heroic is easy, so I always got that going.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grinded by mistake levels 2-5 in the EDZ, because I didn't realize the quest reward actually had to be clicked in order to claim it and move on to the next quest. Kept talking to the Sniper pal up in the bell tower, and he kept showing me the Ghost quest reward, but that's all I thought he was doing. Showing it to me. I didn't realize the quest was "complete" and I needed to click on the item itself.

Didn't really bother me though. Had explored the whole area, and killed all the bad guys and got a ton of chests and loot and stuff.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm not sure if I was having bad luck tonight or what. Working on my titan doing the Titan public events loop and it was just empty. Was hoping to go from 5 to 20 today but ended up calling it at 12 as it was just getting frustrating trying to solo that hive public event at such a low level.

Edit: PC version that is.

Yeah... Titan is great, but generally you always want to farm PEs on the flashpoint planet. Also, if no one is around, fast travel back to the same spot over and over until you see others in the area.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never played Destiny 1 so tried this out last night. Seemed fun. Only made it to level 4 but the story is interesting enough and things go boom pretty easy.

I always seem to run out of ammo for my assault rifle. Is there a secret to keeping certain ammo types refreshed? It's kinetic ammo, is there just not a lot at the start of the game?

I should just disassemble everything white and green right?

I started as a Titan. Which subclass is best for soloing?

Thanks bros!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Bungie finally admitted that a group of players were banned in error.

Per their update "As part of our ban review process, we've identified a group of players who were banned in error..." They did state that those bans were not related to third-party apps. More of an "oops, our bad" situation.