Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
But exotics always drop above normal engram levels and heroic PE are the best way to grind them. Silly thing to argue about either way, normal play + milestones will have you at 305 after five weeks even with shit RNG.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, but if you tell someone they can grind to 265 in heroic PEs, they're going to be pretty pissed when they waste an hour or more sitting there wondering why all their drops are 260, only to find out they can't actually get past 260 unless they go spend tokens or collect some milestones. Tokens being the far better choice because they don't softcap until 265.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
But exotics always drop above normal engram levels and heroic PE are the best way to grind them. Silly thing to argue about either way, normal play + milestones will have you at 305 after five weeks even with shit RNG.

I disagree with PE best before clan level 3 (which my clan hit this morning}. Rerolling is most efficient prior to that for exotic farming.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hit 282, so I guess I'm basically done. I still have the PVP engram to do, as well as Rat King and Sturm, but those two can wait.

All the guides I read for 265 were shit though. The only way I was able to get an upgrade was through one of the milestones or plain luck (getting legendary mods from Arms Dealer). Was running around with all my gear in the 270's and everything that'd drop (including legendary engrams) was in the mid 260's. My overall light level would go up, I'd run a PE to see if anything would drop to raise me, realize it wouldn't, and find another major thing that'd upgrade me.

It was quite a shit show. I'd say once you hit 265, make sure all your slots are legendary 265 items, then just do all the milestone shit back to back. You won't get upgrades otherwise. Then just pray you can hit 280 for legendary mods.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I disagree with PE best before clan level 3 (which my clan hit this morning}. Rerolling is most efficient prior to that for exotic farming.
Shouldn't have left FOH, could have been level 6 from day one and avoided running the campaign 5+ times!

waste an hour or more sitting there wondering why all their drops are 260, only to find out they can't actually get past 260 unless they go spend tokens or collect some milestones.
See, this is why I hate people asking what the best way to go is. Just play the damn game normally, turn in tokens when you get them. Turn in milestones when you finish them. Do exotic quests when they unlock. Then none of this softcap shit even matters.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still no Uriels Gift. Sonofabitch.

Oh well. I'm 297 now on my Titan. We're going to give the raid a shot next week. Should be fun. And new stuff is apparently brewing with the game so I'm looking forward to that.

I feel like there is still a fair amount to do. Some exotics I still need, legendary too. Still need some mods actually on various gear pieces. There was a fun looking melee Titan build I wanted to try but I need a Synthoceps exotic arms for example.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Question for you dudes. So once you've done enough on each planet at max level you get a thank you from each of the main NPCs and then they have adventures available in their menu to select. At first I assumed these were new but it looks like it's just replaying the ones already completed. Is it worth doing these again? I'm assuming not, but want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question for you dudes. So once you've done enough on each planet at max level you get a thank you from each of the main NPCs and then they have adventures available in their menu to select. At first I assumed these were new but it looks like it's just replaying the ones already completed. Is it worth doing these again? I'm assuming not, but want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Adventures are not a good source of loot sadly, but they do offer some good lore, if you're interested, I recommend doing the Io adventures, and the Nessus adventures.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
292. Went out to dinner had to get away so didn't do 4th today. I'll do it tomorrow. We had prestige boss down to about 5% hp about 10 times with like 3 seconds left ugh. Probably get it tomorrow. 293 Titan 291 Hunter 286 Titan.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Oh well. I'm 297 now on my Titan. We're going to give the raid a shot next week. Should be fun. And new stuff is apparently brewing with the game so I'm looking forward to that.

I feel like there is still a fair amount to do. Some exotics I still need, legendary too. Still need some mods actually on various gear pieces. There was a fun looking melee Titan build I wanted to try but I need a Synthoceps exotic arms for example.
How are you farming exotics? Just running PE's?

Anyways, as an aside, it came up yesterday in Discord between myself, GuardianX and Janx, but the decision to make it so that a fireteam has to travel together to every planet is absolutely baffling. Anytime an engram drops that needs decrypting, that means the whole group has to go? And worse, only the leader can initiate it? And even worse, with a month of extra time between console and PC, they couldn't fix the fucking fact that you can't actually leave a fireteam?

I really hope they get their A team on this game soon, because the decisions and/or oversights by the ones who put this out are fucking garbage. The game looks beautiful, runs great, has awesome gun play, but holy shit did they drop the ball on quality of life stuff.

So with that all said, when do milestones reset? Is it overnight tonight, or tomorrow? Want to know if it's worth trying to level my 2nd character up in a hurry tonight to maybe boost my level a bit. If it's tonight though, I'll just finish up my crucible milestone and work on finishing Sturm. Feels like if I could get to 285 before the reset, and then have 2 extra characters remaining, I'll be set for week 2.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Got all 3 on PC to 270+, the first one was the biggest bitch, RNG fucking hated me. I had to spend all the milestones to break through 265. Second was cake, seemed like I was 270 right after I hit 20, then the third was the easiest did 1-20 last night and shes already 270+ with doing 2 PEs mostly in blues still lol.

Also RNG int his game sucks. I think its fucking broken or something, because I keep getting the same damn 3-4 guns over and over again from engrams or gunsmith. This was not so bad in console, since I was getting the same guns but they were good, on PC though shit seems different. Like broken different. I know RNG is gonna RNG, but when you level up 3 classes and keep getting the same 2-3 guns over and over from legendary turn ins, kinda makes you think.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Anyways, as an aside, it came up yesterday in Discord between myself, GuardianX and Janx, but the decision to make it so that a fireteam has to travel together to every planet is absolutely baffling. Anytime an engram drops that needs decrypting, that means the whole group has to go? And worse, only the leader can initiate it? And even worse, with a month of extra time between console and PC, they couldn't fix the fucking fact that you can't actually leave a fireteam?

I really hope they get their A team on this game soon, because the decisions and/or oversights by the ones who put this out are fucking garbage. The game looks beautiful, runs great, has awesome gun play, but holy shit did they drop the ball on quality of life stuff.

So with that all said, when do milestones reset? Is it overnight tonight, or tomorrow? Want to know if it's worth trying to level my 2nd character up in a hurry tonight to maybe boost my level a bit. If it's tonight though, I'll just finish up my crucible milestone and work on finishing Sturm. Feels like if I could get to 285 before the reset, and then have 2 extra characters remaining, I'll be set for week 2.
I think weekly reset is either 2am PST or 4am PST.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got all 3 on PC to 270+, the first one was the biggest bitch, RNG fucking hated me. I had to spend all the milestones to break through 265. Second was cake, seemed like I was 270 right after I hit 20, then the third was the easiest did 1-20 last night and shes already 270+ with doing 2 PEs mostly in blues still lol.

Also RNG int his game sucks. I think its fucking broken or something, because I keep getting the same damn 3-4 guns over and over again from engrams or gunsmith. This was not so bad in console, since I was getting the same guns but they were good, on PC though shit seems different. Like broken different. I know RNG is gonna RNG, but when you level up 3 classes and keep getting the same 2-3 guns over and over from legendary turn ins, kinda makes you think.
Makes me think it is RNG being RNG and your RNG sucks at the moment.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dunno, I noticed the same thing. I keep getting D.A.R.C.I.'s and Actium War Rigs, which was extra annoying since they're both Xur items. Have had 3 of each drop. I think I've had 5 other exotics besides those, so that seems like pretty bad odds.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hit 20. My power is now 220. What should I be doing and not doing at this point? I made a Titan.

Another thing...I know I don't suck this bad, but I see people with CRAZY amounts of headshots at the end of these matches. Am I missing something?

You fucking pleb, you gotta plug in that controller and get that aim assist head-shot combo.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Makes me think it is RNG being RNG and your RNG sucks at the moment.

Nahh, that shit is broken. Out of the 100+ legendary guns in the token and gunsmith pool I get a shit sniper 4 times in a row? Or while leveling I get same sidearm green 6 times out of green engrams? I must have worst luck ever. Thats like winning lotto.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dunno, I noticed the same thing. I keep getting D.A.R.C.I.'s and Actium War Rigs, which was extra annoying since they're both Xur items. Have had 3 of each drop. I think I've had 5 other exotics besides those, so that seems like pretty bad odds.

Yep, and even worse when RNG gets "stuck" on shit legendary as well. I think whoever wrote that RNG code needs to go back and rewrite it. Just like on console I kept on getting Uriels gift over and over again. Now I did not mind the first few times since the gun is actually god tier, but after the 10th one, it kinda gets old.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider

I'm not sure if you can really farm exotics. I would guess you'd pop one of those fireteam emblems that boost drop rate and run PE's yeah. I personally rarely farm anything. I'm too old for that shit ;) I just do the Milestone things every reset and play crucible with buddies.

Not sure what you mean by the fireteam thing though. You never really need to decrypt anything right away. We just play whatever and after a while everyone heads to the tower to decrypt and turn in shit.

Once you start leveling your alt characters they can leapfrog your main with the loot I've found. My main was a Hunter but I've since passed him with my Titan, and my Warlock is not far behind at all.

Oh also with Alts, I personally used one specifically to get the Nameless Midnight Scout rifle which is excellent. It's one of 3 choices you get from Zavala I think towards the end of the storyline missions. I had chosen the Origin Story (also awesome but an Auto Rifle) on my others and never got a Nameless to drop. Both of those guns are really good staple weapons.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Just like on console I kept on getting Uriels gift over and over again. Now I did not mind the first few times since the gun is actually god tier, but after the 10th one, it kinda gets old.

091117_gif_bearded_fan_med.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users