Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oh also with Alts, I personally used one specifically to get the Nameless Midnight Scout rifle which is excellent. It's one of 3 choices you get from Zavala I think towards the end of the storyline missions. I had chosen the Origin Story (also awesome but an Auto Rifle) on my others and never got a Nameless to drop. Both of those guns are really good staple weapons.

Pretty much all vanguard weapons are good to god tier. Even that pulse he offers is good in PvP, especially on PC where pulses are better fit in the meta than on console. the rocket launcher is one fo the best, with cluster bombs (raid one is better though, better handling speed) Fusion is god tier in PvP, as is the AR and also in PvE(dmg increases as you kill in PvE). The side arm is the Last hope type omlon archetype(like the one you got in the opening mission) with fastest TTK in game. So this as well is god tier in PvP, he also offers up a primary SMG which I have not fucked with, but seems to be promising with SMGs playing a bigger role in PvP in PC than on console.

Raign

Golden Squire
Actually took the time to do a couple strike runs last night so I could get Nameless Midnight only to get it from the next 2 legendary engrams as well (Lol 'RNG')... the hype on that is legitimate. Guess I will try to get a exotic sword or launcher in my power slot because it certainly does not feel like there is any reason to use one in the other two slots.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Adventures are not a good source of loot sadly, but they do offer some good lore, if you're interested, I recommend doing the Io adventures, and the Nessus adventures.

Yep. I finished them all up a while back. I just saw each zone NPC offering adventures for purchase and assumed they were new. Bought the EDZ ones and quickly realized they were just the same ones I had already done. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a reason I didn't know about to repeat them.

Another quick question for the vets just to make sure I'm doing things right. I'm at this awful point (278) where I don't seem able to upgrade anything. Everything drops as 270. I have two pieces of gear that are 274. I just had exotic boots drop that were 280 (so 275 base) but my boots were already 275 so no help there. Was it possible for this exotic to end up higher than that and I just had bad luck? I understand that Tuesday comes and the real upgrade path is through the "powerful gear" turn ins. But right now my only upgrade path is through extremely lucky exotics? Either a power weapon/boots (the two 274 pieces) or a duplicate of my exotic helm (which is 277 so a new one would be 280)? Just seems almost impossible to jump over the 280 hump right now. I definitely would have handled turn ins better had I known what I was doing. But first character so whatever. Tuesday is just right around the corner I guess.

Mostly just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep. I finished them all up a while back. I just saw each zone NPC offering adventures for purchase and assumed they were new. Bought the EDZ ones and quickly realized they were just the same ones I had already done. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a reason I didn't know about to repeat them.

Another quick question for the vets just to make sure I'm doing things right. I'm at this awful point (278) where I don't seem able to upgrade anything. Everything drops as 270. I have two pieces of gear that are 274. I just had exotic boots drop that were 280 (so 275 base) but my boots were already 275 so no help there. Was it possible for this exotic to end up higher than that and I just had bad luck? I understand that Tuesday comes and the real upgrade path is through the "powerful gear" turn ins. But right now my only upgrade path is through extremely lucky exotics? Either a power weapon/boots (the two 274 pieces) or a duplicate of my exotic helm (which is 277 so a new one would be 280)? Just seems almost impossible to jump over the 280 hump right now. I definitely would have handled turn ins better had I known what I was doing. But first character so whatever. Tuesday is just right around the corner I guess.

Yeah youre pretty much maxed out then for the week. Other than exotic enrgam drops, which usually are +3(and another +5 for the mod). Time to roll another character or wait for weekly reset tomorrow.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much all vanguard weapons are good to god tier. Even that pulse he offers is good in PvP, especially on PC where pulses are better fit in the meta than on console. the rocket launcher is one fo the best, with cluster bombs (raid one is better though, better handling speed) Fusion is god tier in PvP, as is the AR and also in PvE(dmg increases as you kill in PvE). The side arm is the Last hope type omlon archetype(like the one you got in the opening mission) with fastest TTK in game. So this as well is god tier in PvP, he also offers up a primary SMG which I have not fucked with, but seems to be promising with SMGs playing a bigger role in PvP in PC than on console.

Yah definitely all good weapons. Is it Sins of the Past that's the Vanguard one? That's my current favorite. I have the Nergals pulse also, and I got a Nameless to drop somehow, I forget where I got it but not as a reward.

I have to try Last Hope again, someone just abused me with it in crucible last night. Fucker.

Also still not Antiope. Maybe this reset.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yah definitely all good weapons. Is it Sins of the Past that's the Vanguard one? That's my current favorite. I have the Nergals pulse also, and I got a Nameless to drop somehow, I forget where I got it but not as a reward.

I have to try Last Hope again, someone just abused me with it in crucible last night. Fucker.

Also still not Antiope. Maybe this reset.

It took me like 1500 gunsmith mats to get antiope-D on consloe. Its definitely rare. Hope you kept one one of the blue ones if you ever got one. If you didnt, there is a adventure on Nessus that drops one guaranteed as reward, its right by the ship where the AI is at. Check into it. Its the same damn gun, except blue, its even got kill clip on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

Did they change stuff for PC? NPCs don't "sell" adventures, they are just orange flags on your map you can run one time and are sort of story extension little 10 minute solo things. They are kinda fun to do and give you more lore but thats about it, some blue loot and tokens at the end. The only thing planet NPCs do is give you a single blue quest (which leads to an exotic at the end), sell some crap green gear, and let you turn in planet tokens which turn into purple engrams.

But yeah you are pretty much stuck, the only ways to level once you are done with your powerful engrams / nightfall are:

1. exotic engram drops which are always 5-15 levels above your LL and come with a +5 mod always. Farming heroic public events is the fastest way, around a 5% drop rate (so every 20 hPE's should give you one), pop the "moar l00t" thing that Tess @ Eververse sells if you are gonna farm for 2-3 hours. Farm either the weekly planet PE (Io this week I think) or just farm on Titan, after you immediately finish a PE fast travel to the exact same spot and you can usually catch a second PE going on if you have a good NAT connection and play in a region where a ton of other people play at the same time.

You can use exotics as infusion material, so for example if you have 280 boots and you get a 295 peacekeeper titan boots (SHITTY boots) its really 290, and you can infuse your 280 boots with it to up them to 290. All exotics, once you loot them once, are available in your vault to pull back out at light 270 for like 10 shards in case the meta changes and a previously shitty exotic becomes better so don't be afraid to infuse exotics into stuff, there is no reason to "hoard" exotics in "case" you might equip them later, like potions in RPGs.

2. do the raid. You can easily do it at 270+, there is literally zero difference between someone 280 and 290+ for the regular raid. The enemies start at light 260 and end at 280 for the regular raid, something similar for prestige (280 to 290? not sure). I'd really jump into the raid via LFG -- Destiny LFG -- today if you haven't done it yet, its relatively easy and pugs can clear it no problem as long as everyone is 270+, even if you just do the first 3-4 encounters that'll be some loot, some tokens, etc. If you loot all 4 underbelly chests in the raid you are GUARANTEED an exotic, and just clearing the first 4 encounters will give you 4 key chests.

3. do trials of the nine with 3 other people, on weekends. Trials is currently shut down unfortunately due to exploits, re-opens next weekend.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

This is what I was getting at with my post yesterday. Once you hit 265, the only way to increase your level is exotics or the big milestones.

Also, is there a list of what all the weapons I should be keeping are? I'm pretty much sure I got rid of an Antiope-D yesterday, and apparently it's good?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Did they change stuff for PC? NPCs don't "sell" adventures, they are just orange flags on your map you can run one time and are sort of story extension little 10 minute solo things. They are kinda fun to do and give you more lore but thats about it, some blue loot and tokens at the end. The only thing planet NPCs do is give you a single blue quest (which leads to an exotic at the end), sell some crap green gear, and let you turn in planet tokens which turn into purple engrams.

So I'm new to all things Destiny so keep that in mind. But what ended up happening is after completing something in each of the zones. This was maybe all the existing adventures, or rep or something. They gave a "thanks" dialogue that said something like "thanks but there is more work to be done" then each of those NPCs had adventures you can select in their inventory right below the armor they sell. I don't know if they actually cost anything or not. Anyway, given the dialogue that preceded it, I just assumed these were some new adventures. They weren't. Just added the adventures I had already completed back to the map.

Otherwise, thanks for all the other info. I think I'm clear on all of that. And yeah, I haven't been hoarding exotics. Raid and trials aren't unlocked on PC yet, unfortunately.

Malkav

French Madman
I'm really loving Sunshot in PVE, it's definitely my goto Exotic weapon rigtht now. I just switch to the Exotic anti-Cabal energy scout (forgot the name) on encounters with a lof of Cabals.

Highest kinetic I have right now is the Call to Serve scout rifle. Not really a fan of scout rifles this time around though.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is what I was getting at with my post yesterday. Once you hit 265, the only way to increase your level is exotics or the big milestones.

Also, is there a list of what all the weapons I should be keeping are? I'm pretty much sure I got rid of an Antiope-D yesterday, and apparently it's good?

antiope-d is good for PvP, im not sure about PvE. its a 600 rpm SMG with kill clip, meaning that when you kill someone, reload, the next clip does extra damage. So in the case of the antiope, head shots go from 20, to 26, in which you just melt people.

Now metas might be a bit diffeent from console to pc, but things to keep are...

Better Devils- drops from crucible only I think
sunshot (god tier in PvE and PvP especially on PC with better hit reg and smaller bloom)
The Old Fashioned
Mida Mini tool for PvP
Uriels Gift
Black Scorpion
Last Hope
The Number (FWC faction weapon so only drops from faction rally or caydes weekly chests, in fact most FWC weapons rock)
Nameless midnight
Nightshade
Main ingredient
antiope-D
Scatherlocke
Hawthorns shotty
vigilance Wing

There might be more but thats all I can think of right now. It also depends if you PvP or not. Since some weapons are good for PvP but not so for PvE and vice versa.

Hand cannons all feel really good in PC version. You should test all of them out before scrapping.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm really loving Sunshot in PVE, it's definitely my goto Exotic weapon rigtht now. I just switch to the Exotic anti-Cabal energy scout (forgot the name) on encounters with a lof of Cabals.

Highest kinetic I have right now is the Call to Serve scout rifle. Not really a fan of scout rifles this time around though.
Weird, I find scout rifles are probably my favorite weapon to use. I had an energy one for a long time that melted, but around 265 I started using Nameless Midnight only.

Pulse rifles just seem shit to me in general. I guess if you aim below the head to start, the last few shots would headshot, but otherwise it's just janky.
Auto rifles seem decent (used Sweet Business for a while). I probably should revisit them for my energy weapon right now.
Sidearms just seem like shitty versions of scout rifles. I guess I could see using one in PVP as opposed to my SMG (scout/sidearm).

I've also found Sniper Rifles and Grenade Launchers to mostly be shit. Sword or Rocket Launcher are all I've used.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The 540 RPM Pulses are really good in PvP, like the Nightshade, on PC at least, shit on consloe. Yeah, snipers are trash in D2.

Uriels is god tier energy AR, once you get one you will be in love, both PvP and PvE.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
antiope-d is good for PvP, im not sure about PvE. its a 600 rpm SMG with kill clip, meaning that when you kill someone, reload, the next clip does extra damage. So in the case of the antiope, head shots go from 20, to 26, in which you just melt people.

Now metas might be a bit diffeent from console to pc, but things to keep are...

Better Devils- drops from crucible only I think
sunshot (god tier in PvE and PvP especially on PC with better hit reg and smaller bloom)
The Old Fashioned
Mida Mini tool for PvP
Uriels Gift
Black Scorpion
Last Hope
The Number (FWC faction weapon so only drops from faction rally or caydes weekly chests, in fact most FWC weapons rock)
Nameless midnight
Nightshade
Main ingredient
antiope-D
Scatherlocke
Hawthorns shotty
vigilance Wing

There might be more but thats all I can think of right now. It also depends if you PvP or not. Since some weapons are good for PvP but not so for PvE and vice versa.

Hand cannons all feel really good in PC version. You should test all of them out before scrapping.

Good list. I didn't know the blue Antiope was the same I'll check that out thanks!

MIDA MultiTool is very good in PvP, although over rated imo. I find it sucks in PvE.
Tango-45 is a really good Scout too.

I horde at least 1 of everything, just in case they buff something. This site is very handy: Destiny Item Manager
I use the search is:dupelower to deconstruct my dupes. Not sure if it works for PC.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

I found the Manannan SR4 to be an outstanding scout rifle. PVE and PVP.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Hunter the 4th, go time. Please give to me the Orpheus or Stomp-EE5.

I've had good luck with guns. I have his entire list except Curtain Call lol.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My go to load-out regardless of character is basically:

Kinetic: Better Devils / Nameless Midnight
Energy: Conspirator / Uriel's / Sunshot
Power: Sins of the Past / It Stared Back

Shout out to Riskrunner, Merciless, Wardcliff Coil, Coldheart for situational use.

PVP options include Vigilance Wing, Last Hope, Antiope-D