Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently the Clan page sitting there trying to load is a big reason everyone's FPS is dropping as you play. So to test it I dropped out of the clan for now. Will report back :p
You can tell if it is effecting you pretty easily. You can set your region to Europe and the issue will go away since there won't be anyone in the Clan within that region, so no polling issue. Or leave the Clan. For me, while in the Clan the game starts off at max'd 200fps in orbit, but about 30-40min later that will drop down to 160-170 while in orbit and gameplay will be jittery. Leaving the Clan or setting region to Europe fixes that for me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got all 3 classes as well. Did titan first, hes like 268ish (he had some awful RNG with milestones), then huntard, which is 280ish, then the lock which got to 290 last night. Did not go super hardcore either, just did the leveling shit, plus the basic milestones and mida on hunter and warlock, still have mida left on titan. Didnt even do nightfalls first week or any of the other quests. The titan had shit RNG with his milestones but the guns he got definitely helped hunter and warlock which were both like 240 ish after story was done.

I also did the lv 4-15 or 16 on titan then finish out story. IMO its best that way since you get sort of geared out for the stoy with some basic good blue weapons and the last 2-3 quests you get to 20 and get to use the good weapons from your first dude. Plus you get like 3-4 token turn ins on titan which will push you even further to 260+ just by handing them in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I go to Titan and stay there until I have a full set of blues, then go finish Story.

Edit: Is Arms Dealer the NF this week... again?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
How is this on PC? Me and 2 friends are debating picking it up atm. Is there a FOH clan active on PC, or any good matchmaking communities?

Performance wise, it's everything a port should be : Great FPS, details, environments look incredible and it's fun to shoot at shiat and level/gear up.

That said, the lack of social tools and interaction is really crippling it. And there's a bug where your FPS starts out silky smooth (even on my older GTX 980), but gets really jittery/shitty because of a bug. I havent had it since leaving the clan, but your mileage may vary.

I did have fun the one time I tooled around with some FoH folks for 40 minutes.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is Arms Dealer the NF this week... again?

Yes but the modifiers are prism and time warp: killing time, so... not nearly as easy.

Raid order is dogs, gauntlet, baths.

Raid challenge mode goes live at 10am PST and it's going to be the bath event. Going to rotate each week. Beating the challenge gets you an emblem and a guaranteed raid drop from that encounter.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the likelihood of us being able to complete the raid this week for PC? Not sure what the difficulty level is. Or really, anything about it to be honest.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What's the likelihood of us being able to complete the raid this week for PC? Not sure what the difficulty level is. Or really, anything about it to be honest.

Depends on how many peeps you have that did it on console in your party that can explain shit. World firsts were like 6 hours? For peeps that never did it before. Average guild probably like 8 hehe. But now that the cats out of the bag, all the secrets/strats discovered, it should not take so long.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Watch videos of each encounter because you don't want to sit through people's terrible explanations in-game.

Edit - Bath challenge mode mechanic found
Someone always has to be in middle water or it's auto fail.

Last edited:

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is the game crashing a lot for you guys after yesterday's patch? Everytime I fast travel or go back to orbit there's a 50/50 I crash.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Fuck, 8 hours? I don't have time for that shit. Guess I won't bother raiding.
If everyone goes in 100% blind, which is astronomically unlikely. Raid is more often done in under 2 hours even with some wipes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah there is bound to be some peeps from console. But still, this requires a bit of coordination and communication to pull off. So even if everyone knows their shit from console, you still have to work as team. Which can be fucking hard at times with some thick headed people, lol. I would set aside 4 hrs for first one, and be happy with being done in 3.

spronk

FPS noob
fastest (normal) raid clear time is ~25 mins, skipping chests. normal run with people who have seen videos is about 2-3 hours, first timers, with probably an hour on Calus. second+ clears is about an hour. Add another 15-20 mins to loot the 3 chests in the sewers which will ironically give you way more loot than the actual raid.

I guess I'll login every friday on console to checkout xur welfare but otherwise there really isn't any point to login until Dec 5th when the first DLC drops. weird. I didn't do prestige raid and zero interest in challenge raid, I assume all you get are ornaments and emblems?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont forget dogs too, that shit can be brutal for first timers. even baths can take a few times to get down, also depending on DPS on lamps. I still say 4 hrs for first time on PC.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
PC raid clears shouldn't be an issue, like other said, because of the console head start.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
So...I'm about to pick this up. Any class better or worse than the others, or is it just a play-style choice?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So...I'm about to pick this up. Any class better or worse than the others, or is it just a play-style choice?

Play style choice for sure, that and also if youre going to spend the majority of time in PvP or PvE. all around best IMO is warock. Great in PvP and PvE, Titan close second. Hunters are a bit soft in the PvE dept, but make up for it with quick movement and jumps in PvP.