Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
more news on DLC...

Source: Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris raises power level to 330, opens Lighthouse to everyone, features new raid content and more

• New max level will be 25
  • New max power will be 330 (still not confirmed with or without mods)
  • Some moments from trailer are from cinematic that will be released lately
  • Vex Gate will help us to travel through time
  • Infinite Forest is located out of time and is fully controlled by Vex
  • Brother Vance returns and will be a new vendor
  • There will be a new story character Sagira. We will jump through time with her. Voice actor is Morena Baccarin
"In terms of story, Ikora Rey sends you to Mercury to find the exiled Warlock Osiris. You’ll be taking on the Vex and there are four main characters featured in Curse of Osiris. Osiris himself is central to all of this, obviously, but it also introduces Sagira, his ghost. She’ll be guiding you through Curse of Osiris and it’s the first time you speak to another ghost in Destiny. She’s voiced by Morena Baccarin, Firefly fans.

MV5BMTg2NzUwOTI5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA5NjI3._V1_.jpg

Brother Vance from original Destiny will also return, unsurprisingly, as he was the NPC for Trials of Osiris.

One of the Mercury locations is the Infinite Forest, a simulated reality controlled by the Vex. Expect a lot of Vex backstory in Curse of Osiris.

Wormhaven is the PlayStation exclusive multiplayer map.

Bungie is going to broadcast livestreams on Twitch to show off more of Curse of Osiris during November."

spronk

FPS noob
you had me at Morena Baccarin. She appeared nude in Homeland season 1, they are real and spectacular

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hunters are a bit soft in the PvE dept
Maybe in the raid but for general running-around-solo PVE, I think hunters are miles ahead of the other two. The arc super lets you kill shit that every other super barely even dents, and for the one PE where it doesn't work well (Fallen miners) you've got Orpheus Rig Nightstalker. Arc super dominates 3-man content too imo thanks to the stunlock.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hunters have the highest burst DPS in game (sam da man golden gun + nighthawk) and also the overall most damaging grenade (voidwall + double duration). There are caveats, of course, like voidwalls being useless on moving targets.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I had the sweetest sword PvP moment ever in D2 last night. Was doing the wekly shaxx milestone on my last character, warlock. We were in that downtown zone, control. We had C and B and A at one point and wiped their team, So I got sword ammo, and knowing that they were going to spawn by A and take it, I hid behind the building at A crouched waiting for the moment. when I saw the flag fill up 1/2 way I snuck behind them and with a few swipes took out their whole team of 4. It was glorious.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, so much for me being worried about friends outpacing me. I finished last night with all 3 chars maxed, all with 280-282 power. Didn't do any of the planet exotic quests, only did one Nightfall and Crucible on my first character. All my friends only did one character and ended up 265-275. I did play basically 3 straight days though. Good times! lol

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Stuck at 303.5 ugh. I have prestige and raid still on my Hunter, looks like I'm exotic farming though bleh.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Thursday, Nov. 2:
  • Destiny 2 PC will receive Hotfix 1.0.6.1 to address issues impacting Clan rosters and performance degradation.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does that mean the reset isn't until Thursday then? Or is it just a random patch mid-week?

They also took servers down around 12:30pm PDT today. Not sure what for.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Random like today's, probably no downtime prob just kicked for patch.

Also RNG fucked me so hard. Two of my milestones dropped pants and power which are already 305 bleh.

It's all up to the raid now!

Time to farm for Orpheus ;o

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Did any of you guys that rolled multiple of the same class run into problems with upgrades? I just came across this article and wonder if this second Warlock I'm doing now is a mistake.

This recent development has actually been confirmed by Bungie itself. Players noticed that their second and third alternate classes, usually meant to bolster their main Guardian of the same class, were receiving weirdly low power drops, even from Luminous Engrams, which are supposed to be weekly rewards that are well above your current level.

Players took to the forums to complain about this, but community manager Cosmo confirmed this is being done on purpose to prevent exactly what these players are trying to do:

“I spoke with the dev team about this. They said that secondary characters of the same class don't get the weekly power bonus. They didn't want to force players to have three of the same class to create the optimal way to increase their power level.”

spronk

FPS noob
yes, its 100% a mistake to roll a second character of the same class, don't do it, the article above is absolutely right.

Roll 3 seperate chars, each a different class, there is no reason at all to roll second and third chars of the same class unless you are going for world's first of the raid clear or something else extremely specific, and no one on this forum is doing that.

For that tiny extra bit of min maxing you can go in with the knowledge that the third character you roll will be your highest light level for a short period of time (2-3 weeks) but honestly it really just doesn't matter at all, especially with the new knowledge that the level cap is going up to 25 on Dec 5th and the light cap is going up to 330. Everything you do in game has a lifespan of a month right now.

Fadaar

That guy
more news on DLC...

Source: Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris raises power level to 330, opens Lighthouse to everyone, features new raid content and more

• New max level will be 25
  • New max power will be 330 (still not confirmed with or without mods)
  • Some moments from trailer are from cinematic that will be released lately
  • Vex Gate will help us to travel through time
  • Infinite Forest is located out of time and is fully controlled by Vex
  • Brother Vance returns and will be a new vendor
  • There will be a new story character Sagira. We will jump through time with her. Voice actor is Morena Baccarin
"In terms of story, Ikora Rey sends you to Mercury to find the exiled Warlock Osiris. You’ll be taking on the Vex and there are four main characters featured in Curse of Osiris. Osiris himself is central to all of this, obviously, but it also introduces Sagira, his ghost. She’ll be guiding you through Curse of Osiris and it’s the first time you speak to another ghost in Destiny. She’s voiced by Morena Baccarin, Firefly fans.

MV5BMTg2NzUwOTI5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA5NjI3._V1_.jpg

Brother Vance from original Destiny will also return, unsurprisingly, as he was the NPC for Trials of Osiris.

One of the Mercury locations is the Infinite Forest, a simulated reality controlled by the Vex. Expect a lot of Vex backstory in Curse of Osiris.

Wormhaven is the PlayStation exclusive multiplayer map.

Bungie is going to broadcast livestreams on Twitch to show off more of Curse of Osiris during November."

Well that's 3 of the main cast as voice actors for the game so far, just need Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, and Alan Tudyk to pop in.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
You should only reroll for the exotic rewards. Any other reason is a waste. It's still the most efficient way to hit 300. But running 3 of the same is super nerfed. I just delete and reroll my hunter over and over until she is 300+ (one item away from 304 atm).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the best method for doing the 2nd and 3rd characters? Hit 20, equip your 1st character's highest weapons, and then use tokens to get full 265 legendary armors? And I assume after that, just do the normal milestones and exotic questlines?

Which would basically mean the "boost" you get from each additional character is coming solely from weapon gains, correct?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, the 'boost' is entirely from weapons. Equip your best guns, do a few PEs to get blue armor of the highest level you can attain in every slot, then look at your base power. If it's already over 265 there's no need to waste your tokens. Then proceed as normal through milestones and clan rewards, stopping to run PEs each time a powerful reward raises your BPL, grab next reward, repeat until they're all gone for the week. Do weapon quests if you don't want to save them for the next week, and move on to the third character to do it all again.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You're also likely to have gotten an exotic armor for your alt from Xur, which helps. That's one armor slot immediately at 270 and three weapons 300+ as soon as you hit level 20.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I have the Xur stuff from last week for Hunter and Warlock ready to go.

I'm enjoying myself so far, but I know it's going to be shitty by the time next week's reset rolls around and I'm basically done with the game until December. I can't imagine I'll need another week after that to hit 305 on everyone. I can probably hit 285+ on my first character (at 282.1 base power, I think) this week, which I'm hoping means if I get around to the 3rd would be close to maxed out (would only need 15 base power between two chars to hit 300, with all the exotic weapon quests available).