Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
First four PE's a success. Jam packed with people. But I am noticing I'm getting a little hitch every 10-15 seconds in them.

Last edited:

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just got a free d2 PC code from one of KingGothalion's subs on Twitch. Pretty neat..

With a new raid next month & light level increase, I'm interested again. I didn't except Bungie to release new end game content so soon. I guess they had no choice, really..

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The faction rally change doesn't even really affect me and I still think it's some of the most retarded kneejerk-reaction bullshit I've ever seen. Lost sectors are limited by their idiotic lockout timers, so not only do you need to do 200 of them per character to cap a faction, you have to travel all over the place to do it because you can only loot 2 in one region before the chests spawn empty. Not to mention the fact that it took my almost 40 rank ups with FWC to complete my hunter's armor set, and I'm sure that 'bug' was 'fixed' too (rather than just uncapping the others like they should be). My titan never did get the New Monarchy ass-towel, but at least I did get all the armor and a ton of the best shaders. Warlock got everything, but Dead Orbit stuff is all garbage, including the shaders.

Best thing for PC players to do would be to pledge FWC on one character (hunter ideally, just in case the planets align and you do get the armor set quickly) and just do enough to The Number (energy AR). Then pledge an alt to NM and just do enough to get a dozen or so of each shader.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like the best thing to do is just ignore the faction rally :)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
FWC has the handcannon which is good too as well as the energy scout. So its not only the AR. But yeah FWC all the way for the best guns, rest of the shit is all cosmetics. DO has a good hand cannon for PvP, which is like old fashioned but better. And NM has the best shotty for PvP.

The guns rain down on you no problem, its the armor thats rare as fuck. Did 30 package turn ins for all 3 (600 tokens ea) and only got the warlock a full DO set.

Not sure why the nerfed it, good luck getting 600 tokens now, lol.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
First four PE's a success. Jam packed with people. But I am noticing I'm getting a little hitch every 10-15 seconds in them.

Yeah people reporting a stutter now happening all across twitter and reddit. so they fixed one thing, but introduced another.

Vorph

Sounds like the best thing to do is just ignore the faction rally :)
Nah, like mkopec said you definitely need to get the FWC guns. The hand cannon and scout are good, but inferior to Better Devils and Manannan SR4 respectively. The AR is best-in-class for PVE at least; Uriel's is still probably better for PVP until they nerf stagger.

IIRC each package has 1 gun and 1 armor in it. The shitty part is that the loot pools are massively diluted with a bunch of normal guns and armor, just like all the other rep vendors. [Edit: And there's the usual chance of having one of the items replaced with 5 legendary shards.]

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lets be honest, enemy resources giving faction tokens was retarded due to the game's spawn mechanics. Heroic PE's giving 8 tokens was too high. I think 4 PE's per faction level now is a good balance. You can do 4 PE's pretty damn quickly.

IIRC each package has 1 gun and 1 armor in it. The shitty part is that the loot pools are massively diluted with a bunch of normal guns and armor, just like all the other rep vendors. [Edit: And there's the usual chance of having one of the items replaced with 5 legendary shards.]

Nah each package has one faction item and one random.

Vorph

It wasn't retarded given that you could easily farm 30 ranks and STILL not get complete sets. Especially when we're talking about reskinned armor with the same dumb stat distribution as the sets they reskinned (FWC hunter being the only exception). The amount of time it took to farm 1800 tokens was in line with the quality of the rewards they gave out, and that's me being charitable.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Two separate issues. The rewards should be better, and shouldn't duplicate until you've got at least 1 of each. The token drops, however, were unbalanced and dumb, rewarding running back and forth shooting 3-4 objects for a couple of hours.

Vorph

No argument there, I just have zero faith that they'll ever improve the rewards. At best there's some guns that exist in the game files that can't be gotten yet, and they'll either rotate them in eventually, or they'll go full retard again and make them the prize for the winning faction. Dead Orbit is probably going to win every one of these unless they rig the system, so whatever prize guns the other two reps have will never be gotten.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also getting the weird hitch, not sure if its from new people loading in public areas.. It's not bad but annoying.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are new Faction weapons for this upcoming Rally:
New Monarchy (package / reward): https://www.bungie.net/pubassets/103535/11022017_faction_rally_NM_Weapons.jpg / https://www.bungie.net/pubassets/103535/11022017_faction_rally_NM_Reward.jpg
Sniper, Scout, Hand Cannon, Sidearm and a Sword as the Reward.

Dead Orbit (package / reward): https://www.bungie.net/pubassets/103535/11022017_faction_rally_DO_Weapons.jpg / https://www.bungie.net/pubassets/103535/11022017_faction_rally_DO_Reward.jpg
Scout (Kinetic), Scout (Energy), Submachine Gun, Assault Rifle, and a Grenade Launcher as the Reward.

Future War Cult (package / reward): https://www.bungie.net/pubassets/103535/11022017_faction_rally_FWC_Weapons.jpg / https://www.bungie.net/pubassets/103535/11022017_faction_rally_FWC_Reward.jpg
SMG, Grenade Launcher, Pulse Rifle(?), Sidearm, and a Fusion Rifle as Rward.

Passing on NM again as "main", but I think I'll go for all the DO weapons this time.

Vorph

Looks like they added the three prize weapons from last time around to the pool, plus 3 additional ones, and another new one as the prize.

Didn't see a source on it but Reddit posts claim that there are new armor sets too. Not added either, replaced, so I guess if RNGesus decides you don't need a full set you wait until they run out of reskins and loop back around.

spronk

FPS noob
Faction rallies are a complete waste of time, especially given the level cap is going up to 25 on Dec 5th and the light cap is going up to 330. IIRC faction rally gear drops at your current light level so it won't even help you light power up, and the only reason to really bother with that is to give yourself some extra breathing room for the prestige nightfall and raid. Remember, the gun meta game on PC is not the same as console either, like hand cannons are kinda junky on console but pretty great on PC i guess?

Its like a hyper accelerated MMO gear reset, when the D2 DLC drops on Dec 5th all your current gear will be more or less garbage, maybe a few items will be worth infusing up but this is bungie and they love intro'ing new gear that is vastly more powerful than previous content gear to get everyone on the treadmill for a week or two. I collected most of the faction gear stuff and the only thing people loved was the FWC hand cannon.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

LOL.... Let's talk about the XP cooldown • r/DestinyTheGame

People are claiming it wasn't enough for Bungo to put a cooldown/lockout on chests, resources, lost sectors, and every other little thing in the game, they also put one on XP gain from PEs. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was true, they've done it before with glimmer too.

the only thing people loved was the FWC hand cannon.
Meh, the FWC HC is pretty crappy aside from the edge case where you're shooting beyond effective range and the only damage you can deal is from the explosion. Otherwise it's an inferior Better Devils with ridiculously slow reload. FWC's best gun by far is The Number energy AR.

And I think they're going to have a hard time doing a full gear reset unless they do it by nerfing the best current stuff into the ground, or they hire some people a hell of a lot more creative than the ones who made the initial set of exotics/legendary perks. Is there even a precedent for that? I didn't think the Y1 DLCs were that big a shift, and the reset didn't happen until TTK.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Faction rallies are a complete waste of time, especially given the level cap is going up to 25 on Dec 5th and the light cap is going up to 330. IIRC faction rally gear drops at your current light level so it won't even help you light power up, and the only reason to really bother with that is to give yourself some extra breathing room for the prestige nightfall and raid. Remember, the gun meta game on PC is not the same as console either, like hand cannons are kinda junky on console but pretty great on PC i guess?

Its like a hyper accelerated MMO gear reset, when the D2 DLC drops on Dec 5th all your current gear will be more or less garbage, maybe a few items will be worth infusing up but this is bungie and they love intro'ing new gear that is vastly more powerful than previous content gear to get everyone on the treadmill for a week or two. I collected most of the faction gear stuff and the only thing people loved was the FWC hand cannon.
Faction Rally is a good event, and the DLC isn't out for a month. Nothing you own now that you are using will become "garbage" with the DLC. Do you think Bungie is going to change the way they make gear? Just infuse what you like, and use whatever new stuff you like... nothing to bitch about, really.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Faction Rally is a good event, and the DLC isn't out for a month. Nothing you own now that you are using will become "garbage" with the DLC. Do you think Bungie is going to change the way they make gear? Just infuse what you like, and use whatever new stuff you like... nothing to bitch about, really.
This.

• 1Solidarity