Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ideally I want Nameless Midnight and Uriels though.
As far as PVE goes, just wait for the faction rally to start, pledge FWC, and get The Number. It's the best energy AR; HCR does fuck-all in PVE content.

Nothing wrong with Origin Story/Manannan SR4 either. I keep that setup on my warlock so I don't have to bother doing a weapon swap when I go from hunter to warlock.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I got sooooo many dupes before I finally got my Orpheus. I decrypted an exotic and legendary and both were Nighthawk :( Now on the hunt for Stomp-EE5 for my PvP setup.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone doing the raid? I just got home from work, think my clan did it already.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its all about that Better Devils on PC. Seriously, even for PvE shit, that hand cannon just destroys everything. But when you take it to PvP, its even more. I went Better Devils and sunshot last night, so when I ran out of bullets in one, I had another HC. Some people like the Old Fashioned, but to me the hit box seems smaller on Old Fashioned. I have been using nothing but Better Devils for the past 3-4 days. The shit just feels so crispy on PC.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just got my 3rd Young Ahamkara's Spines in a ROW off 3 exotics. Fuck that..
Meh. Been at it since ps4 launch and I have never gotten them, last Hunter exotic I've needed for a while. Had to buy from Xur. RNG gonna RNG.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What armor exotics does anyone run for their Titan ? I have Skullfort, Actium, Mask of Quiet One, Hallowfire, and whatever the 2 boots are. Oh and ACD/0 arms.

I'm wearing the Quiet One mask mostly cause it looks good. Actium I guess is better. Skullfort I know the deal with charging and the grenades but eh.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as PVE goes, just wait for the faction rally to start, pledge FWC, and get The Number. It's the best energy AR; HCR does fuck-all in PVE content.

Nothing wrong with Origin Story/Manannan SR4 either. I keep that setup on my warlock so I don't have to bother doing a weapon swap when I go from hunter to warlock.
Sadly, The Number isn't in the loot table for FWC in this Rally. Have to get it from Cayde Chest, if you're super lucky.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What armor exotics does anyone run for their Titan ? I have Skullfort, Actium, Mask of Quiet One, Hallowfire, and whatever the 2 boots are. Oh and ACD/0 arms.

I'm wearing the Quiet One mask mostly cause it looks good. Actium I guess is better. Skullfort I know the deal with charging and the grenades but eh.
I mainly use Skullfort or Actium, not a fan of the others, unless for some odd reason I want to run around as a nerfed Sunbreaker, then I use Hallowfire.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Dumb question. Are you allowed only two exotic items?

Can someone also explain to me the goddamn item drop process? I was at 269 Power. Couldn't get an item to drop past 265 until I started doing the blue quests on the planet. Got to 270? Then I started getting items above 270 from everywhere again. Is the RNG looking at my power score then giving me values above that number once I pass a certain threshold?

Get into the Raid...get 12 fuckin items right off the bat that were waaaay above my power level. I assume the raid gives better gear...But Christ I got a 300 BP and 290 weapon like right off the bat.

Vorph

Sadly, The Number isn't in the loot table for FWC in this Rally. Have to get it from Cayde Chest, if you're super lucky.
I thought they said they were adding the new guns not replacing. That's pretty retarded if so, I did a quick scan of the new guns in the db and they all looked like trash I would shard instantly.

spronk

FPS noob

Can someone also explain to me the goddamn item drop process? I was at 269 Power. Couldn't get an item to drop past 265 until I started doing the blue quests on the planet. Got to 270? Then I started getting items above 270 from everywhere again. Is the RNG looking at my power score then giving me values above that number once I pass a certain threshold?

Get into the Raid...get 12 fuckin items right off the bat that were waaaay above my power level. I assume the raid gives better gear...But Christ I got a 300 BP and 290 weapon like right off the bat.

you can only equip one exotic weapon and one exotic armor piece at a time, but you can own as many as your tiny guardian backpack can carry.

regular items drop at your current power level, NOT including mods. Most items you have probably have a +5 mod, so even if your light level on screen is 269 its probably 264 or 265 without mods. You can use DIM or destinytracker.com to see your "true" power level.

Power engrams (weekly quests), exotics, raid drops, and trials of the nine rewards drop at 5-15 light levels higher than your current items slots level. Bit of RNG. Once you get those new drops, your overall power level goes up and regular drops will go up a bit. Rinse and repeat weekly until you hit 305 (300). Repeat all over again on Dec 5th when the DLC drops and the max level is increased to 25 and the max power level is increased to 330 (335). Each slot is tracked seperately and it doesn't require your highest item level to be equipped, it'll "smartly" figure out the highest you can possibly equip (in gear or vault or other characters) and roll a new drops level appropriately.

Yes, its an incredibly obtuse and stupid system that anyone who has played more than 2 hours of MMOs can redesign to be 10x better, but presumably bungie has a myriad of reasons for making it so dumb like giving you shit to do without really giving you shit to do, making it more opaque for newbies, etc. Ultimately Destiny 2 is a loot n shoot game but the loot system is really, really badly done for now. Historically the same thing happened in Destiny 1 with it meh at launch, really bad during the first two DLCs, then really good for the next two xpacs.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought they said they were adding the new guns not replacing. That's pretty retarded if so, I did a quick scan of the new guns in the db and they all looked like trash I would shard instantly.
Not sure if they are adding the new items into the old pool or not, but I'd prefer that they did not.

Vorph

Most items you have probably have a +5 mod, so even if your light level on screen is 269 its probably 264 or 265 without mods.
Doubtful, if he's not 280 he's not making his own purple mods and almost all legendaries drop with no mod/blue mod. Most likely only his exotics have +5 on them. Either way, it's simple to check using DIM to calculate actual base power level, since that takes into account items you aren't even equipping at the moment.

Yes, its an incredibly obtuse and stupid system that anyone who has played more than 2 hours of MMOs can redesign to be 10x better, but presumably bungie has a myriad of reasons for making it so dumb like giving you shit to do without really giving you shit to do, making it more opaque for newbies, etc.
This 100%.

Not sure if they are adding the new items into the old pool or not, but I'd prefer that they did not.
On console I couldn't care less either way. Got all the old weapons, and all the ones are not anything I would waste vault space on. They'd be fucking over PC players big time if they don't get access to the 1-3 good ones from the original rally and only get the new shitty ones.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

The whole thing that makes it super confusing is the mods since they dont count towards your drops. There is also a "base power level" that is hidden from you. So you might think, sweet, im 280, but youre still getting shit to drop only at 274 or some shit. Well, THAT is your base power level, the level that blues drop for you, and legendary engrams decrypt at.

The only way to level past 265 is doing the weekly shit, raid, trials, nighfall, shit like that. Weekly milestones that give you stuff higher than you are.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Thank you for the explanation.

If you never played Destiny, trying to figure out the progression path for gear sucks ass. I literally have just dabbled in everything until I figured out what worked. Plus I have gotten rid of items that I should not have got rid of. Good news was someone I met online told me I could get back my....Cold Fusion? Gun with a buy back.

The "raid" I must admit was pretty fun. Each fight was unique and a little challenging. The dog/patrol room was very well done. Last boss fight I was stuck on Chalice and Axe duty. Surviving was a bitch, and satisfying after 3 attempts (One guy had done the fight on console) was very satisfying, which is all that matters. I was hoping that there might be abilities that each class and spec could be needed in the raid, but that's a very small complaint.

I use the electricity tree on my Titan. What exotics should I be looking for? I have the breast plate with the fire in the stomach, which LOOKS badass...but I want useful.

Oh! And can I re-skin items?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
On console I couldn't care less either way. Got all the old weapons, and all the ones are not anything I would waste vault space on. They'd be fucking over PC players big time if they don't get access to the 1-3 good ones from the original rally and only get the new shitty ones.

Agree. Hopefully the old weapons are still there and the new ones were added to the pool. If not Ill be pissed. PC players getting the shaft.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thank you for the explanation.

If you never played Destiny, trying to figure out the progression path for gear sucks ass. I literally have just dabbled in everything until I figured out what worked. Plus I have gotten rid of items that I should not have got rid of. Good news was someone I met online told me I could get back my....Cold Fusion? Gun with a buy back.

The "raid" I must admit was pretty fun. Each fight was unique and a little challenging. The dog/patrol room was very well done. Last boss fight I was stuck on Chalice and Axe duty. Surviving was a bitch, and satisfying after 3 attempts (One guy had done the fight on console) was very satisfying, which is all that matters. I was hoping that there might be abilities that each class and spec could be needed in the raid, but that's a very small complaint.

I use the electricity tree on my Titan. What exotics should I be looking for? I have the breast plate with the fire in the stomach, which LOOKS badass...but I want useful.

Oh! And can I re-skin items?

There is a helmet that works well with arc titan. Insurmountable skullfort. there is also legs, dunemarchers, that make you sprint a bit faster and shoulder charge do more dmg vs PvE.

But to tell you the truth, exotics in this game are crap overall. You see a bit of difference, but not much. Some exotic weapons are good though.

Last edited: