Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Emotes are made by animation artists and add nothing to the game outside of cosmetic. I don't know why that MTX strategy would rustle you so bad. It isn't like they decided if they should make a new wave of emotes or a new raid zone.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Emotes are made by animation artists and add nothing to the game outside of cosmetic. I don't know why that MTX strategy would rustle you so bad. It isn't like they decided if they should make a new wave of emotes or a new raid zone.

That doesn't rustle me. What rustled me was their design lead talking about how much value that brings to the game. And that specific mindset that idiot had while covering his ineptitude when shit was really hitting the fan after the 2nd cut DLC was released and charged for, and trying to cover that all up like we are clueless baboons.

Here, let's remember this idiot.

Bungie's Disastrous 'Taken King' Interview Could Have Ramifications For 'Destiny'

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly in this one I am not. People need to remember just how bad of shape this was launched in from what was promised. How it was actually gotten away with without tons of lawsuits for false advertising appalls me. Aside from some folks liking it, none of what they said would happen, actually happened. There was no grand story, there wasn't a 10 year plan, free updates, etc. It turned into a game being cut into 3 pieces to resell two as DLC which aborted what story they did have, then came the microtransactions for emotes, a broken loot system, with one redeeming point being TKK.

I know you like the game play mechanics - but honestly, how can anyone sit there with a straight face and say we shouldn't have these gun play mechanics in all our games as a standard? The fact any FPS's do NOT have responsiveness/good hit feedback/shooting feel to this standard should be absolutely, 100%, ridiculed - while at the same time, any game coming out having these mechanics should NOT be praised in return. This type of feel should be 100% expected in this climate.

Something else people need to stay grounded on is Bungie is history. Just as Bioware is history. They do not call the shots - Activision does. So prepare yourself for the worst when it comes to more content being cut, more microtransactions instead of earning in the game, and quite very well possibly some pay to win features sooner rather than later.

I say that because this first game should have been decimated based on just how poorly it was delivered from marketing to launch. It seemed like one gigantic experiment in what Activision could get away with. Usually, that bar presses back hard (Microsoft's Xbox One) and changes revert back. There was a LOT of disgust at first, but the garbage / shallow design of this game kept flowing in. I saw more depth from F2P shooters when this came out. Point being that they will press the bar even further to see what they can get away with, and why not try it with this.

Youre wrong dude, becaue simply a shooter like this did not exist before this one, at least mainstream one. So while expectations might of been higher for some peeps, I got exactly what I thought i would get. Console shooter MMO lite with 3 player dungeons, single player story mode (which was a lot longer than most $60 games), PvP and on top of all this 6 man PvE raids, which never happened on consoles ever, in any genre.

Yep additions were glacial pace, but so are any Activision games, including your cherished do no wrong Blizzard games. There were also growing pains at first, but they ended up figuring out that shit, progression, loot, etc... And I see nothing but more improvement with new game. Probably more bigger more persistent world so this does not feel like a lobby game anymore. Also I hope they integrate some type of LFG/LFR system intot he game rather than having to rely on phone apps to set up raids and shit with.

Either way i enjoyed the shit out of this game. I could give 2 fucks what some twitch or youtube game reviewer/ streamer gave the game as a review, also I can give 2 shits what some dude here says about it. Quite simply I enjoyed the shit out of this game and hyped as fuck for D2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Youre wrong dude, becaue simply a shooter like this did not exist before this one, at least mainstream one. So while expectations might of been higher for some peeps, I got exactly what I thought i would get. Console shooter MMO lite with 3 player dungeons, single player story mode (which was a lot longer than most $60 games), PvP and on top of all this 6 man PvE raids, which never happened on consoles ever, in any genre.

Yep additions were glacial pace, but so are any Activision games, including your cherished do no wrong Blizzard games. There were also growing pains at first, but they ended up figuring out that shit, progression, loot, etc... And I see nothing but more improvement with new game. Probably more bigger more persistent world so this does not feel like a lobby game anymore. Also I hope they integrate some type of LFG/LFR system intot he game rather than having to rely on phone apps to set up raids and shit with.

Either way i enjoyed the shit out of this game. I could give 2 fucks what some twitch or youtube game reviewer/ streamer gave the game as a review, also I can give 2 shits what some dude here says about it. Quite simply I enjoyed the shit out of this game and hyped as fuck for D2.

Oh, I get the growing pains for loot based open world centric FPS's. They had to fly the Diablo team in to let them know what they did wrong. Additions were glacial paced because Activision cut half the game to repackage as DLC and they didn't want a trail, so they gutted the original concepts of story (Which a lot DO care about when it comes to an online world) placed that in grimoire's, and hid the fact they didn't have the content creation to keep up with their plan as they tried to catch up. Business wise it makes sense. From a consumer stand point? We got had. What do you do though I suppose? You are forced to cut half the game to repackage as staged DLC over a year while, most likely shift your live team back to dev, and start developing TKK.

TKK was supposed to be the first expansion DLC from blueprint believe it or not. Not Wolves and whatever else that other one was.

And for someone like me that hopes they fix the story? Probably not happening. Bungie hired this guy: Christopher Schlerf - who worked on Andromeda.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Oh, I get the growing pains for loot based open world centric FPS's. They had to fly the Diablo team in to let them know what they did wrong. Additions were glacial paced because Activision cut half the game to repackage as DLC and they didn't want a trail, so they gutted the original concepts of story (Which a lot DO care about when it comes to an online world) placed that in grimoire's, and hid the fact they didn't have the content creation to keep up with their plan as they tried to catch up. Business wise it makes sense. From a consumer stand point? We got had. What do you do though I suppose? You are forced to cut half the game to repackage as staged DLC over a year while, most likely shift your live team back to dev, and start developing TKK.

TKK was supposed to be the first expansion DLC from blueprint believe it or not. Not Wolves and whatever else that other one was.
It's pretty hard not to think they chopped up the game so they could release parts as DLC, so I agree with you on that.

But then it comes back to value proposition: I spent hundreds of hours playing it, and paid about $65 for the game plus 2 DLCs. So even though it kind of pisses me off that they did that, it was still easily worth the money I paid. I'm not going to get hung up on it. The cost to make games has gone up with the cost of the games staying relatively stagnant (or dropping accounting for inflation), so the whole industry is tinkering with ways to add revenue without compromising their core audience. I realize they also sell many more copies than they used to, but it seems like the market is almost saturated at this point.

I care zero about the emote crap, because I wouldn't care about them even if they were free. The lead dev trying to hype them up so they can make a quick buck on almost no effort doesn't bother me. If people want to spend money on it, more power to em.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I care zero about the emote crap, because I wouldn't care about them even if they were free. The lead dev trying to hype them up so they can make a quick buck on almost no effort doesn't bother me. If people want to spend money on it, more power to em.

And for me, Luke Smith's smug little attitude is what is causing industry down-bar development. And frankly, there needs to be more accountability in this industry and more respect for it's customer base when it comes to pulling the wool over the eyes of the "Sheep".

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
And for me, Luke Smith's smug little attitude is what is causing industry down-bar development. And frankly, there needs to be more accountability in this industry and more respect for it's customer base when it comes to pulling the wool over the eyes of the "Sheep".
What some jackoff says in an interview doesn't impact the game I play though. If they want to fleece some retards into effectively spending $40 for a couple of emotes, then fine by me. They are basically subsidizing the game for me. Maybe it's just me, but I have no problems with developers monetizing the shit out of trivial garbage like emotes, skins, and other cosmetic things. It does piss me off when it starts to impact gameplay in a non-trivial manner though.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What some jackoff says in an interview doesn't impact the game I play though. If they want to fleece some retards into effectively spending $40 for a couple of emotes, then fine by me. They are basically subsidizing the game for me. Maybe it's just me, but I have no problems with developers monetizing the shit out of trivial garbage like emotes, skins, and other cosmetic things. It does piss me off when it starts to impact gameplay in a non-trivial manner though.

Well, just wait until you see this thing tomorrow.

Complete with shit-tons of recycled content. Maybe that will irk you.

You heard it here first.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well, just wait until you see this thing tomorrow.

Complete with shit-tons of recycled content. Maybe that will irk you.

You heard it here first.
I would actually be disappointed if at least a few zones weren't reused in some way. I don't know what the story is to bridge D1 and D2 (haven't paid much attention since I quit), but barring some cataclysmic event or something then it wouldn't make sense to not be able to go back to some of the areas. I expect we will see a lot of the same enemies and behavior as well. Ditching the previous console gen should allow for new mechanics (like lots more people in each area so it's less instanced). Like you said, we will see though.

The content that was there was never really a problem for me, it was the content that wasn't there.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I would actually be disappointed if at least a few zones weren't reused in some way. I don't know what the story is to bridge D1 and D2 (haven't paid much attention since I quit), but barring some cataclysmic event or something then it wouldn't make sense to not be able to go back to some of the areas. I expect we will see a lot of the same enemies and behavior as well. Ditching the previous console gen should allow for new mechanics (like lots more people in each area so it's less instanced). Like you said, we will see though.

The content that was there was never really a problem for me, it was the content that wasn't there.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind at least seeing more mission types. The missions were completely bland and copy paste / all the same.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

The only game this pissed me of in was SWTOR. You see, in that game there was a ton of world bosses,epic mobs that used to drop rare brown items that you could upgrade while you leveled, shit like lightsabres and other guns and even other gear you could add in crafted or bought items into them. Well they introduced the cash shop, added all those sets of gear in the cash shop and removed all the boss drops.

It used to be fun to roll through old lower level zones and try to acquire twink gear for your next character you were gonna roll up.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The only game this pissed me of in was SWTOR. You see, in that game there was a ton of world bosses,epic mobs that used to drop rare brown items that you could upgrade while you leveled, shit like lightsabres and other guns and even other gear you could add in crafted or bought items into them. Well they introduced the cash shop, added all those sets of gear in the cash shop and removed all the boss drops.

It used to be fun to roll through old lower level zones and try to acquire twink gear for your next character you were gonna roll up.
Yeah that's the type of shit I'm talking about. That would make me quit

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah that's the type of shit I'm talking about. That would make me quit

Yep, I came back, wanted to start a new character, so I true to farm some of the items and they were not dropping anymore. Sad. found out on forums why and where I could buy some with SWTOR space bucks in their cash shop. Quit right there on the spot.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep, I came back, wanted to start a new character, so I true to farm some of the items and they were not dropping anymore. Sad. found out on forums why and where I could buy some with SWTOR space bucks in their cash shop. Quit right there on the spot.

That actually happened? Good lord. Why play? And why would they do that?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Enhance Your Experience | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Played the shit out of that game too. Got 2 lv 50s then quit for like a year. Wanted to go back but after this shit? no thanks. Admittedly they did go F2P+cash shop so its 1/2 bad. But still. sounds like P2W to me.
Pretty much every game that is f2p ends up as p2w to some degree

I absolutely loathe f2p. I'm willing to pay a set known price for a game to be on the same playing field as everyone else, but fuck games where the advantage goes to whoever is willing to spend the most

Brikker

Trump's Staff
we got an amazon firestick recently so don't really need the PS4 in the living room for media stuff. Going to set it up in my office with my PC so I can just play it on one of my other screens. I'll be rocking this on PS4 with my xim. Didn't play destiny 1 until all the expacs/collectors edition came out so will be fun to get in at the start.