Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Im betting the numbers are not pretty either. On PC I am a part of a 100 man clan, and last I logged on there was like 3 people on lul. Shit is beyond dead because there is nothing to do. I didnt even play the last IB because its a never ending RNG grind with hardly any rewards. I boggles the mind how they could fuck a game up like this.

This idiot.

upload_2017-11-29_10-9-56.jpeg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im betting the numbers are not pretty either. On PC I am a part of a 100 man clan, and last I logged on there was like 3 people on lul. Shit is beyond dead because there is nothing to do. I didnt even play the last IB because its a never ending RNG grind with hardly any rewards. I boggles the mind how they could fuck a game up like this.
3 weeks after the console launch, apparently the daily logons were down 78% (from some YouTube channel, I don't care enough to verify).

I'd imagine PC isn't much better a month after release.

And pretty much everywhere I go to read about the game, everyone's quit. Everyone who bought the season pass or whatever is pretty annoyed that they wasted their money on it. I'd guess the sales for this first DLC end up being really terrible.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, this was the biggest waste of money I've done since the division. I think this is strike 3 for me for tripple A studios. No more buying games from them til 3 months - 1 years after release.

The whole game is kinda just...sub par.

The "raid" is a fucking joke. I think the Nightfall is harder than the raid on a given shit tier roll week. Oh man some gimmick bosses that require little to no thought, how fun. Some moron moderator in the Destiny 2 Subreddit Discord was going on and on about how the raid is amazing, so I asked him how fast he cleared it...never beaten it. His raid group meets up once a month apparently for one boss each raid. Not like beating it makes it a better situation either. It is boring and filled with boring mechanics.

"Group content"? Fucking a 3 people is a joke of a group. "Hey, you have more than 2 friends? Well fuck off, pick 2 and then run the content" Oh, that content? Yeah, lots of it is straight up skip-able. Mount up and ride past all the trash, kill the shit you have to, cheese the mechanics.

PvP is retarded. People hack all the time apparently and I didn't really notice til I ran into a FULL TEAM of hackers under the clan "LAG" after I saw them and understood how it works...yeah tons of hackers in this game and apparently it'll never be fixed since it is still a thing in Destiny 1. Not even mentioning how PvP is dominated by "Who got the X weapon drop that is super OP as shit." like fuck man didn't these morons play Halo? Default weapon set, OP weapons on the map randomly. Easy as hell...

The weekly login bullshit got old after week 2 because most people had been farming overworld shit for days and days at that point. Faction "Grind" for what, armor sets that I have to shove in my bank that doesn't even have room to hold all the items that I want to collect?

This all isn't even remotely touching the "Bright Engram" stuff that they pulled. That shit was stupid but really...who didn't see it coming.

Maybe in like 6 months after the devs bail to Destiny 3 this game will be decent, as for me...never touching another game in this series.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Good changes but it doesn't really imo work well to say "fuck... ok, we get you guys LOVE to grind shit out, so here's a bunch of ways we've put in RNG on top of RNG so you can grind forever! Isn't that awesome?"

You really need the grind to be subtle, not talked about much by you the dev, and let players talk to each other about how it works and figure out the RNG levels. Just laying out 20 things you're doing for the grind will turn off a lot of people. The machinery needs to be hidden and mysterious, not bared open in such a flagrant way.

Still I hope they can at some point get to where D1 was at Taken King and ROI, those were pretty good times albeit since the grind was so obvious at that point most people just played a bit and then just waited for the next patch.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Good changes but it doesn't really imo work well to say "fuck... ok, we get you guys LOVE to grind shit out, so here's a bunch of ways we've put in RNG on top of RNG so you can grind forever! Isn't that awesome?"
Idk seems like the master work weapons is exactly the kind of RNG people have been asking for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didn't really sound like RNG unless I missed something in there. They said there were tokens to upgrade non-masterwork items to masterwork, and the actual mod itself just looks kind of like the mods we have now for armor. Upgrade the gun, pick the mod you want, apply it. (Not that I have a problem with that, I hated Destiny 1's over-reliance on RNG layered upon more RNG.)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Didn't really sound like RNG unless I missed something in there. They said there were tokens to upgrade non-masterwork items to masterwork, and the actual mod itself just looks kind of like the mods we have now for armor. Upgrade the gun, pick the mod you want, apply it. (Not that I have a problem with that, I hated Destiny 1's over-reliance on RNG layered upon more RNG.)

• Masterworks will have a few advantages over the baseline Legendary weapon:
  • Track and display the number of kills with that weapon (with choice between total count or Crucible-only count)
  • Generate orbs for you and your allies on multi-kills
  • Add weapon stat bonuses that are selected randomly from a small pool and are re-rollable
Looks like a mod but may not function exactly the same.

Last edited:

Vorph

Ah, well at least it's rerollable and not something completely retarded like sparrow perks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I think they're all good short term changes as a stop gap to the longterm changes I'm sure they're still working on. It addresses a lot of issues in a timeframe that can keep people interested in the DLC.

They've stated more sandbox changes will be in the DLC patch notes as well as the two January updates.

Vorph

I think they would have been good a month and a half ago, but there's nothing in there that will make me change my mind about skipping the DLC.

• 1Solidarity

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
Didn't see anything about letting people select their desired PvP mode, as you could in Destiny 1. What a shame.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Didn't see anything about letting people select their desired PvP mode, as you could in Destiny 1. What a shame.

Bungie wants Destiny to be an e-sport, this is just the beginning

• Private matches for the Crucible
  • Still targeting early 2018 and expect to have better insight into exact timing in the New Year
  • We are also moving Ranked PVP to the top of our priority list for next year to support the competitive community

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Bungie wants Destiny to be an e-sport, this is just the beginning

• Private matches for the Crucible
  • Still targeting early 2018 and expect to have better insight into exact timing in the New Year
  • We are also moving Ranked PVP to the top of our priority list for next year to support the competitive community
No one is going to take Destiny serious as an e-sport unless HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE changes are made to PvP. Even then I just don't think there'd be much interest.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
No one is going to take Destiny serious as an e-sport unless HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE changes are made to PvP. Even then I just don't think there'd be much interest.

Changes and fixes, because at this moment they can't even tell if a person is purposefully lagging or cheating.

From the Cheater PoV: (CANCER MUSIC AND LOUD)

My experience was this, I shot a ton at a guy, they never shot back, I "Killed them" but no death message. This happened all match, to the entire team.

---

Combine that with the RNG system of attaining the best PvP weapons and this game will never successfully go Pro unless they dump a TON of money into making it happen.

Everyone has the same weapon, everyone has the same chance at getting a heavy weapon.

ALSO FUCKING MAKE SOME HALO TYPE MAPS WHERE IT'S JUST FUN!

Jesus, I don't need to have rankings or HARDCORE PVP CHALLENGE on every play session. Some of my most fond moments in halo PvP were playing the horse-shoe map and the giant desert map that spawned tanks. What would be a bit of fun, a giant alterac valley style map with contest points and shit to do where everyone gets a participation trophy. I mean they already have guardians fighting other guardians in a time where everyone needs to work together...may as go full pants on head retard mode.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Happy with the changes that are coming. They better keep the fire under their asses though. Ranked PvP will be good too. They still need more to work towards, and need to do a pass on weapons but for now a good start.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The weapon thing WILL happen in Dec5 patch. They will change the meta, they love to change the meta.

• 1Solidarity

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just know some random gun I used as infusion fuel will be awesome and I'll have to grind for another.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't see a mentioned data on Clan Chat being added. Whats the ETA on that? Not that anyone is online to talk to.