Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hand cannon is best in game imo.

1 phased entire prestige raid yesterday. Baths by far the hardest encounter in there.

Currently farming IB armor for my Titan. Hoping Xur sells Stomp-EE5.

My clan also has open membership atm, we're helping everyone get to 305 prior to DLC. I sherpa a bunch of raids and NFs each week.

But ya if I finish Titan set, get Stomp-EE5 and Fighting Lion I'll have everything before DLC.
I'd be interested in joining Gaige. The FOH clan (PC) is super casual and just never has a lot of people on sadly. Throw me an invite @ janx#1578

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
27 faction packages across the two IB events and still no Hunter helmet. Tomorrow is my last shot, gonna feel real shitty if I can't complete a single set before season 2.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did 6 packages on tues when reset and was just reminded how awful this Iron Banner really is and went back to battlefront 2. Will probably pick this up again on 5th, having too much fun in SWBF2.

Did over 47 packages the first IB on PS4 and didnt get full set, missing 2 pieces, lol.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I did 6 packages on tues when reset and was just reminded how awful this Iron Banner really is and went back to battlefront 2. Will probably pick this up again on 5th, having too much fun in SWBF2.

Did over 47 packages the first IB on PS4 and didnt get full set, missing 2 pieces, lol.

D2 is a huge regression from D1. Gonna hold off on the DLC for awhile unless the reviews are stellar(not holding breath). Started playing IB with a RL friend and even with the 1 other person in voice coms it makes winning so much easier. Can only imagine the wreckage even 4 average players with voice could do.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
D2 just needs the QoL changes that Live put into D1, which will hopefully come sooner rather than later. The changes they've already talked about would make it 100% better tbh. However, I'm used to the lulls between content drops, always happens :)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
D2 just needs the QoL changes that Live put into D1, which will hopefully come sooner rather than later. The changes they've already talked about would make it 100% better tbh. However, I'm used to the lulls between content drops, always happens :)
I think i'd really get to enjoy the PVP if they just let you select the damn game type you wanted to play. Randomizing match types, and' we're talking Bungie RNG meaning you tend to get the shit match types, was such a wtf move.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I think i'd really get to enjoy the PVP if they just let you select the damn game type you wanted to play. Randomizing match types, and' we're talking Bungie RNG meaning you tend to get the shit match types, was such a wtf move.

But that's the fun part. Shit match types with even shittier team mates. Makes for an RNG sandwich of excitement and a solid feeling of the game telling you to get fucked.

• 1Worf

Stave

Potato del Grande
God this game just drives me nuts. I have logged in every week for the last 3 weeks, and am still stuck at 267. I turn in my clan things, do 2 crucibles, and run some strikes, and just keep getting 265 engrams. I don't know wtf I'm doing wrong. I already have an exotic weapon and pants equipped so I cannot equip more to up my level. I am almost done with the mida tool quest, but the SMG one didn't help, so I'm doubting the next step of it will either.

Bored as fuck with this game as it is as well. I don't want to do the raid shit, so there isn't shit to do. They really fucked this game up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only way to increase is milestones, which will provide engrams higher than your base level.

But yeah, they did fuck it up. I haven't logged in in a week.

spronk

FPS noob
God this game just drives me nuts. I have logged in every week for the last 3 weeks, and am still stuck at 267. I turn in my clan things, do 2 crucibles, and run some strikes, and just keep getting 265 engrams. I don't know wtf I'm doing wrong. I already have an exotic weapon and pants equipped so I cannot equip more to up my level. I am almost done with the mida tool quest, but the SMG one didn't help, so I'm doubting the next step of it will either.

Bored as fuck with this game as it is as well. I don't want to do the raid shit, so there isn't shit to do. They really fucked this game up.

you need to do the weekly power engram things -- public events on whichever planet of the week, which should get you about 50% of the clan XP weekly quest, then do crucible PVP ~8 games or so for the weekly PVP power engram, which should also complete the clan XP weekly. Turn those three in and you'll get items 5-10 levels higher. Rinse and repeat (multiple chars if you want) and after a few weeks you will be at 305, just depends on RNG on which slots you get items for.

Exotic drops you can just infuse into your favorite shit to level them up, you don't need to swap around exotic slots. Once an exotic drops it'll always be recoverable from the vault in the collections tab.

its all kinda pointless though, on dec 5th the DLC drops which raises levels to 25 and power/light level to 330/335 so you'd just have to rinse and repeat the grind anyways.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I already have an exotic weapon and pants equipped so I cannot equip more to up my level. I am almost done with the mida tool quest, but the SMG one didn't help, so I'm doubting the next step of it will either.
You are misunderstanding this part a bit. Even if you won't use the exotics, do them anyway, the end reward is always 10-15 higher than your current base power level. Upgrades are also based on all the gear you have, not just what you have equipped. The mini-tool doesn't count, that's not the end reward.

The weekly engram rewards (call to arms, nightfall, raid, flashpoint) will always drop higher than your base power level.

If you have a 267 item with a purple mod, and you get a 267 item without a mod, infuse the new item into your modded one for a +5 increase.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bungie cancels Destiny 2 livestream as tensions with community rise

“We are investing all our efforts into delivering some higher priority information about Destiny 2,” said David “DeeJ” Dague, this afternoon. “You’ll hear from studio leadership about their assessment of Destiny all up, they’ll talk about our goals for the game going forward, and you’ll also learn about how we’re reacting to your feedback with some game updates that will arrive in the next few weeks.”

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

If you're doing all your weekly milestones minus the raid, you should be near 300 by now.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bungie cancels Destiny 2 livestream as tensions with community rise

“We are investing all our efforts into delivering some higher priority information about Destiny 2,” said David “DeeJ” Dague, this afternoon. “You’ll hear from studio leadership about their assessment of Destiny all up, they’ll talk about our goals for the game going forward, and you’ll also learn about how we’re reacting to your feedback with some game updates that will arrive in the next few weeks.”

Luke Smith is a fucking idiot. Just as I had always thought. Who dreams of this garbage? "Let's limit progression so we can sell more bright engrams!" At least they hid it better than EA did.

• 2Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Luke Smith is a fucking idiot. Just as I had always thought. Who dreams of this garbage? "Let's limit progression so we can sell more bright engrams!" At least they hid it better than EA did.

100% - I said it before the game even released (after the BETA) that the fat faggot had no business spearheading a game of this size & scope. His idea's are terrible, his execution is terrible and his games are hollow shells. That's what happens when you take a basement dwelling blogger and give him a rolls royce before he's learned to drive - is anyone shocked he crashes the car?

It's a shame too, because Destiny could be something great - there is a base within the game that is really solid, but the game systems, the loot, the "end game", the classes/subclasses etc are all mediocre - writing was on the wall for me when I played through a few hours of D2 and saw nothing but recycled dog shit (enemies, classes, weapons, armor). D2 was a fun little expansion sold as a new game.

There is obvious talent at Bungie, but you're only as strong as your general and Bungies general is queer

• 2Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It's a shame too, because Destiny could be something great - there is a base within the game that is really solid, but the game systems, the loot, the "end game", the classes/subclasses etc are all mediocre - writing was on the wall for me when I played through a few hours of D2 and saw nothing but recycled dog shit (enemies, classes, weapons, armor). D2 was a fun little expansion sold as a new game.

There is obvious talent at Bungie, but you're only as strong as your general and Bungies general is queer

Its a shame too, because yr 2-3 destiny 1 they finally figured it out. Good progression, good rewards, RNG shit to keep people playing but also vendors selling static roll shit of all kinds. Strikes were like mini nighfalls with modifiers and shit, crucible was a fun as hell mess with 6v6. Raids had their own good rewards and they were actually fun. Played every single IB in D1 and looked forward to it. and yet they went 200% backwards with D2. Youre pretty much done with D2 within a month if your casual, a couple of weeks if youre hardcore.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya that's what I mean - I gave them a lot of credit for turning D1 around (launch was a disaster though, but they added enough to make the game really interesting). With D2, you have years of learning, and you revert back to a worse launch game than the original. Can't explain that /aliens

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im betting the numbers are not pretty either. On PC I am a part of a 100 man clan, and last I logged on there was like 3 people on lul. Shit is beyond dead because there is nothing to do. I didnt even play the last IB because its a never ending RNG grind with hardly any rewards. I boggles the mind how they could fuck a game up like this.