Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Final raid challenge is live for Calus. Have to damage him from all 4 plates at once, will likely turn it into a 3-phase fight for most groups.

Also, Iron Banner is live again. Clash mode. Finish up those season 1 sets.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody know if PC is on the same Season schedule as PS4/Xbox? Kinda odd we have half the time and only one IB to complete a set, when its nearly impossible w/ the current token system.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Logged on to do milestones. Got through 3 PE's and I'm sitting there like, "What the fuck is the point of this."

From week to week I've gone from enjoying it the 1st week, playing a ton the 2nd week, being bored the 3rd week, and now resenting the game completely by the 4th (and ignoring it altogether).

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was all for no randomness, and imo the "godroll" shit in Destiny was the worst thing about the game. The problem is they didn't replace the randomness with anything else. You just have "the best" and "all the other worthless trash", with only the power slot really having much situational usage. There's no customization beyond what Destiny's guns had, the armor mod system is a sad joke on top of a retarded stat system, and the overall pool of effects on gear is shallow as a kiddie pool even including exotics.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah it's pretty shit that there's maybe 10 non-heavy weapons worth using at all. Nameless Midnight, Antiope, Better Devils, and whatever flavor AR you prefer (comes down to sights for a lot of people) with the edge toward Origin Story for primaries. I'm probably forgetting one. Secondary there's a lot of good ones but they're all super similar -- Uriel's, The Number for AR's and Mida Mini Tool are the only secondaries I've used pretty much since hitting level 20. I think removing shotguns, snipers, and fusion rifles from secondary slot has really killed any real chance of variety. Also I really miss machine guns, I loved my slow firing beasts.

spronk

FPS noob
Logged on to do milestones. Got through 3 PE's and I'm sitting there like, "What the fuck is the point of this."

From week to week I've gone from enjoying it the 1st week, playing a ton the 2nd week, being bored the 3rd week, and now resenting the game completely by the 4th (and ignoring it altogether).

yeah i'm at 1100 hours on destiny 1 and really enjoyed it but haven't logged into D2 in 2 weeks now and no desire to. i actually played destiny 1 last night, ran around on some patrols and did some PVP and had way more fun than destiny 2, my weapons felt awesome and i was a fucking baller in PVP doing my own shit. D2 is such a snorefest at level cap.

people say they hated the RNG loot aspect of D1 but its the best solution to the carrot/stick problem. I expect the first paid expansion (not the first two dlcs) will see a return to item perk RNG. It'll be interesting to see what Bioware does with Anthem, I half expect them to take the absolute worst lessons from Destiny / Halo / COD / Battlefield and make the worst possible iteration of a loot-shooter.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
1 shot entire raid plus Calus challenge today, it's not so bad. I think the Baths and gauntlet challenges are probably the hardest.

Still no hand cannon

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Hand cannon is best in game imo.

1 phased entire prestige raid yesterday. Baths by far the hardest encounter in there.

Currently farming IB armor for my Titan. Hoping Xur sells Stomp-EE5.

My clan also has open membership atm, we're helping everyone get to 305 prior to DLC. I sherpa a bunch of raids and NFs each week.

But ya if I finish Titan set, get Stomp-EE5 and Fighting Lion I'll have everything before DLC.

spronk

FPS noob
"oops, you caught us. ok its fixed"
XP in Destiny 2 > News | Bungie.net
We’ve seen community discussion around XP gain in Destiny. After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to. Today, we’d like to describe what’s going on under the hood, and talk about what you can expect going forward when it comes to earning XP in Destiny 2.

Currently, XP will scale up when playing longer or fixed duration activities like Crucible competitive multiplayer matches and the Leviathan Raid, and XP will scale down when playing activities that can be quickly, repeatedly chained, like grinding Public Events. We are not happy with the results, and we’ve heard the same from the community.

Effective immediately, we are deactivating this system.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2s-version-of-mercury-is-underwhelming-so-/1100-6455133/

Mercury as a destination is actually a rather small, circular area on the planet called the Fields of Glass, which is connected to the Lighthouse that Bungie showed off last week. The most notable thing about the new map is the assortment of powerful, "high-value target" enemies you can fight--there seems to be more of them in the Fields of Glass than at other locations in Destiny 2. Other than that, it's an unremarkable donut map, and we couldn't even summon Sparrows there--seemingly to mask how small the area is.

The coolest aspect of the expansion that we saw was the Infinite Forest, a Vex creation designed to simulate an infinite number of realities. The concept is promising--it seems procedurally generated, at least in part, and you can encounter all sorts of enemies inside--but the connection to exploration on Mercury isn't clear, since our access to it was limited to the story.

While we haven't seen everything from Curse of Osiris yet--Bungie has more reveals planned for November 29--what we have played doesn't feel substantial enough to bring any lapsed Destiny players back. The main Mercury map is just a circle that's not terribly interesting to explore, and the new Strikes are uninspired.

Fadaar

That guy
Baths sucks ass on prestige. Not being able to one shot bathers with Sins suuuuuucks. Only tried it for one night and maybe I need to just play my titan instead of hunter cause holy shit that sucked.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2s-version-of-mercury-is-underwhelming-so-/1100-6455133/

Mercury as a destination is actually a rather small, circular area on the planet called the Fields of Glass, which is connected to the Lighthouse that Bungie showed off last week. The most notable thing about the new map is the assortment of powerful, "high-value target" enemies you can fight--there seems to be more of them in the Fields of Glass than at other locations in Destiny 2. Other than that, it's an unremarkable donut map, and we couldn't even summon Sparrows there--seemingly to mask how small the area is.

The coolest aspect of the expansion that we saw was the Infinite Forest, a Vex creation designed to simulate an infinite number of realities. The concept is promising--it seems procedurally generated, at least in part, and you can encounter all sorts of enemies inside--but the connection to exploration on Mercury isn't clear, since our access to it was limited to the story.

While we haven't seen everything from Curse of Osiris yet--Bungie has more reveals planned for November 29--what we have played doesn't feel substantial enough to bring any lapsed Destiny players back. The main Mercury map is just a circle that's not terribly interesting to explore, and the new Strikes are uninspired.
That...sounds even worse than I was expecting. How the fuck did this game fail so badly?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

"oops, you caught us. ok its fixed"
Did they really think they would fool everyone forever simply by making the UI lie to the player? Not sure if arrogance or stupidity...

The worst part is that the xp throttling was actually sped up by using fireteam medallions which a lot of people got using real money.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still enjoying the game, although I completely agree they need to give you a reason to play more once you're at 305 and have all the guns.

There are a bunch of ways they could go with it, but they need to do something. A grind is fine so long as it's for meaningful gear that impacts the game, but isn't completely OP.

I'm also going to bitch about completely cosmetic stuff... Synthoceps looks retarded and Actum War Rig looks stupid too. Plz fix bongie.
Iron Banner Titan helmet and the Helm of Optimacy for Titans looks pimp though. Well done.

Finally... need more energy weapon slot choices. Uriels... Last Hope... Coldheart situationally I guess. Manannan is solid but Nameless/MIDA is better. What else? Mida Mini tool? Meh.
I think they just need to shake things up. Compelling new guns, mods on the existing ones, random rolls, something.

I'm enjoying Iron Banner. Just go in and kill people. I got a 20 streak last night. Aww yeah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Been at 305 for awhile and most of my clan doesn't even log in anymore so I have been messing around with PvP a bit. Gotten pretty decent in quickplay and decided to give Trials a shot with a few friends. HOLY SHIT we got decimated. Our 4 man team usually dominates in normal crucible but we played 5 games in trials and only managed to win 1 round. I play enough PvP to know weapon match ups and which weapon will beat which weapon when going 1 on 1, but in Trials it seemed like a whole different game. What the hell am I missing about being successful in trials? It felt like there was a cheat code everyone had on except us. Made for a rather unenjoyable experience.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think everyone in Trials knows the map really well and they team fire. That's what it feels like to me. I think it's just lack of experience for my part. I'm going to try and convince my team to just go in and get rekt a few more times and see if we can't improve.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah its 100% knowing the map, knowing how to quickly get in and out of LOS (knowing the map spots) and getting quickly into team fire advantage positions, 2v1 or 3v2 or 4v3 and the bigger number will almost ALWAYS win in D2 which is unfortunate. D1 allowed for crazy plays and heroics and you could easily win 4v1 but barring supers and stuff that rarely happens in D2. It used to be quite regular to see on D1 streams a single person carrying a team of 3 but you rarely see carries, period, in D2 streams.

There is also a funneling problem in Destiny 2, where the only people still playing are the ones that tend to be good, and like you found if you aren't that knowledgeable about the maps yet you are going to lose a LOT. Most people are just gonna give up so the pool of people who play shrinks to be mostly guys who play a lot. Whereas in games like COD or Battlefront 2 or UC4 its super noob friendly, even in competitive modes, and you can easily find yourself against teams of people who are on your level.

Vorph

Effective immediately, we are deactivating this system.
So people kept testing and Bungo didn't just "deactivate the system". They turned off the thing that triggered the xp cooldown and replaced it with a global -50% xp nerf, AND the UI still lies to you about it. It's actually worse now than ever, since the -50% nerf applies to shit that would not have been throttled under the old system (like strikes).