Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Thanks Faggot.

Care you post anything about the actual expansion I was asking about? I can read patch notes on a free update. Care to elaborate on the expansion? "New PVP Maps, New Strikes, Raid Lair"

That means nothing to me.

spronk

FPS noob
In mission 3 (of 5? 6?) of the new DLC single player story and i'm pretty bored already. Super tropey, I wish they'd do story stuff where its just like "The Vex want to kill all dogs! If you love dogs, you will fight them to save dog kind!" instead of the usual bullshit "oh my god, the world is going to end in 5 minutes unless you fight this thing we just discovered 30 seconds ago!"

Zero reason at all as far as I can tell for anyone to buy/play this really, maybe it'll get better once I finish and hit 25. But if I'm having a hard time getting motivated to even finish the campaign I can't imagine what its gonna be like for people who aren't really into the destiny story/lore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm watching Datto (twitch D2 streamer) play through the campaign right now, looks like a snooze fest so far. The next big patch is what people want, with all the Masterwork weapon stuff +new raid. Honestly, I think that patch will make or break the game.

I'm going to wait until that patch comes out to even think about buying this. Right now IMO, definitely not worth it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I liked it. Already 320 on my hunter with like 4 milestones left.

I don't know why ppl expect Destiny to be less like Destiny lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
A lot of people, especially on this forum, did not play Destiny 1.
This. I'm not some console playing faggot.

All I heard about was how awesome Destiny was. Like The Division but better.

Destiny 2 was like The Division but way more boring. And that's saying a lot.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know why ppl expect Destiny to be less like Destiny lol.
Maybe because there's a massive amount of room for improvement in every single area except for the shooting mechanics? Sure, it's pretty retarded to still actually think Bungie is ever going to do something about it, but hey... some people are eternal optimists I guess?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Destiny 2 Update - 12/5/2017 > News | Bungie.net

Good fixes and legit shit in these sandbox changes. Pretty happy. Hunters got unfucked a little.

latest

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I'm completely lost at how the word 'sandbox' is being used in this thread. Also, the issue isn't that D1 turned out great eventually, it's the fact that it took a long fucking time to get that way.

• 3Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
Hit level 25, campaign is pretty meh I thought with the story just about what you'd expect in a Destiny DLC. HEAVY reuse of assets, I don't think there is a single new mob and some of the reuse is pretty funny, like "... why the fuck are hive here" kinda thing. You can really tell the audience they are going for here, the final mission was super easy.

I ran heroic strikes once and got the infinite forest one on first run, i assume its the only new one. Its pretty much 100% the exact same thing as the second to last mission in the campaign, with a few voice line changes to account for it being repeated. Really, really lame although I guess super fast and easy. All the gear that dropped for me while leveling was 299-300 (I'm 305), not sure if thats supposed to happen or not. I played one game of Osiris QP (new maps only I guess) and it was as shitty as i remember destiny 2 PVP, I'd rather go play one of the 10 other PVP games I have than any more of this.

All in all a very boring, safe, and lackluster xpac.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Next big sandbox patch isn't until next week anyway. Way more content here than we got in TDB though.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Haha are you serious? Tell me again about how great TDB was?

Four campaign missions, 2 strikes (one was PS exclusive), 1 raid, 3 crucible maps, 17 legendary weapons, 4 exotic weapons, (1 was rare raid drop for Necro), 17 raid weapons, 3 exotic helmets, 1 exotic chest, 3 exotic arms, 2 exotic boots.

Raid, once beaten, was easily cheesed, complained about and short as fuck. Also had shit drops could raid and just get shards just like VoG.

Power increase was from 30 to 32 (lol).

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m referring to the constant “sandbox” usage but never mind, I get it now. Apparently Bungie themselves are (mis)using the term to describe some rather mundane changes they’re making to their amusement park game.

Just to be clear, I enjoyed Destiny for what it was but there is zero sand in the box.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished the story mode. Pretty boring and I don't think I died once. As a matter of fact I don't think I even had to aim once. Very disappointed that Destiny is tuned for 10 year old kids. This was not challenging in the least bit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I also thought the voice acting by Morena Baccarin was awful. Vaginabot is the worst ghost since Dinklebot.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Someone rear ended me on the way home so I was only able to play 3 story missions tonight, lvl 21 but thought it was fun. Sagira > normal ghost. Osiris storyline is cool, conceptually. Looking forward to playing through more tomorrow and hopefully soon the raid lair.

Ended the night getting sweeper bot emote. Spent 5 minutes cleaning the tower with other guardians. Was entertained.

• 1Picard