Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Am I understanding this right that now that the level cap is raised, you can't do nightfall etc without being at this cap?

So I can't actually play anymore unless I buy the DLC?

Prestige Nigthfall yes as they raised the requirement to 330. But they also locked the entire nightall behind a DLC strike package. Hah. "Hey guys here is the new content - we are going to place nightfalls here for a few months so those who haven't bought the DLC cannot even nrun normal nigthfalls"

I am sure Xur will only show up on Mercury for a month too to boot.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Am I understanding this right that now that the level cap is raised, you can't do nightfall etc without being at this cap?

So I can't actually play anymore unless I buy the DLC?
Pretty sure Nightfall is still 270, which can easily be gotten without the DLC.

Also I'm sure you can raise your light cap through the weeklies still.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Prestige Nigthfall yes as they raised the requirement to 330. But they also locked the entire nightall behind a DLC strike package. Hah. "Hey guys here is the new content - we are going to place nightfalls here for a few months so those who haven't bought the DLC cannot even nrun normal nigthfalls"
The Nightfall is not one of the new strikes, that doesn't sound correct.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
In DLC of D1, Yes they did, I specifically remember nightfalls raising light. Also heroic strikes raised as well. I know the raids stayed the same, but they were also obsolete when new ones came around. I specifically remember people bitching about this exact issue, people being forced to buy DLC to play what they were already playing. Then they added specific "vanilla" playlists like crucible and strikes but that was later.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I hadn't quit already, that'd make me quit out of principal.

Either way, after this one I'm 100% done with AAA titles.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
In DLC of D1, Yes they did, I specifically remember nightfalls raising light. Also heroic strikes raised as well. I know the raids stayed the same, but they were also obsolete when new ones came around. I specifically remember people bitching about this exact issue, people being forced to buy DLC to play what they were already playing. Then they added specific "vanilla" playlists like crucible and strikes but that was later.

Yeah, I quit D1 the first Tuesday of the dlc drop because the nightfall was a strike that was on the dlc.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Curse of Osiris PVP guide:

Q0euJoN.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Need to figure out a way to get a refund through Amazon.

And yeah, after my post yesterday, I did some reading and the shit they did with this DLC is unethical. They've gated base game content to be available only to people who own the DLC.

I think this is actually more outrageous than the shit with Battlefront 2. At least in that circumstance it was just the company being greedy. In this one, Bungie is trying to extort more money out of you. It'd be like if an MMO said "you can't use the market/bazaar anymore unless you buy the next expansion."

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gonna try this with the Blizzard app when I get home, will report back.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile

I am sure Xur will only show up on Mercury for a month too to boot.

Nightfall this week is on Nessus. No DLC needed. This is the same way they did D1 btw.

• 1Salty

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Nice going to go for the refund as well.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Sony, MS, Blizzard are offering refunds for the base game due to the locked content/achievements in CoO

You can get Sony/MS to refund your purchase thanks to CoO (stop being shills mods. This is pertinent info.) • r/DestinyTheGame

Blah bought mine thru greenmangames because of discount and I had cash with them already..

I really shouldn't buy things thru them anymore for JUST this reason.

Division would have been a day 1 return and this would have been one too.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Need to figure out a way to get a refund through Amazon.

And yeah, after my post yesterday, I did some reading and the shit they did with this DLC is unethical. They've gated base game content to be available only to people who own the DLC.

I think this is actually more outrageous than the shit with Battlefront 2. At least in that circumstance it was just the company being greedy. In this one, Bungie is trying to extort more money out of you. It'd be like if an MMO said "you can't use the market/bazaar anymore unless you buy the next expansion."

The only thing you get locked out of is prestige NF and prestige Leviathan.

If you don't have the Acius prestige ornament you can no longer get it without the DLC.

JUST THE ORNAMENT.

You can still get the gun.

Those people getting refunds are so unethical its basically stealing.

Also, players ASKED BUNGIE TO DO THIS.

Old raids didn't scale in D1 and people begged for them to.

Every single light level raise players wanted VoG to scale and it didn't until AoT and so many people cried emo tears.

Also games are subject to change. Servers go down, items can be limited time only, etc.

You agree to it when you log in.

Hate the game all you want, I get it. We should stop with with spreading of FUD and misinformation though.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The only thing you get locked out of is prestige NF and prestige Leviathan.

If you don't have the Acius prestige ornament you can no longer get it without the DLC.

JUST THE ORNAMENT.

You can still get the gun.

Those people getting refunds are so unethical its basically stealing.

Also, players ASKED BUNGIE TO DO THIS.

Old raids didn't scale in D1 and people begged for them to.

Every single light level raise players wanted VoG to scale and it didn't until AoT and so many people cried emo tears.

Also games are subject to change. Servers go down, items can be limited time only, etc.

You agree to it when you log in.

Content we used to have with our 60$ base game is now gated behind additional DLC. If you don't see how fucking shitbag this is then you are beyond help.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Two things, as I said. Prestige NF and Prestige Leviathan. Due to player request.

They left in vanilla playlists for strikes and the crucible.

The outrage is lol. Especially since most the playerbase can't do prestige now that the cheese is fixed anyway.

• 1Salty

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not only that, but it's been six fucking weeks!

I bought a full priced game, and 6 weeks later the company says, "Uh, yeah, about that...please fork over another $15."

I didn't ask for that. In fact, I didn't play D1 at all because I don't own a console. I don't give a shit what happened in D1. That's not the game I bought.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did you guys ever previously run prestige? Or are you mad just based on principle?

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users