Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
Wait Morena Baccarin is the new ghost? Christ, just need Adam Baldwin and Alan Tudyk to show up now to have all the big names from the Firefly cast. Already have 3 of them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Finished it up last night, not bad for a $15 DLC. Took about 3-4 hours? Wasnt paying attention to time. But now its done and back to doing weekly shit, lul. Ended up at 318 or so which is not bad. Scored 2 exotic engrams that decrypted to shit I already have so they didnt fix that shit I guess. Would be nice to get one of the new weapons like the red death pulse pistol or that Pratorians lens or whatever its called. Im calling it right now, that lens will be the new meta in crucible. Saw a few people already with it and you cannot compete with that weapon 1v1. It seems to me like the ttk with that thing is like ~.5 sec. Its crazy good.

Did the heroic strike thing, got 2 of 3 to be on venus, they were cool strikes but mirrored 2 of the missions you did in campaign, like exactly. they are also not too hard, like the heoic missions on venus, more in that later. One of them was a big boss in the past atop of the tower you had to climb that moves in a circle around the top of the tower, the other was the red legion commander you had to chase just like the story. Pretty cool strikes but did they have to make them exactly like story missions?

Venus is really small and you cannot do the forest thing without accepting a mission from the blind dude at the light house. So thats kind of a bummer since youre limited to the dailies to get into the forest. Tried a heroic one last night and it was pretty tough, not sure if I was under leveled but all the fucking mobs were bullet sponges, some had shields with a rotating burn like the nighfalls have, also there was a part where it was timed which I failed, they gave you 5 min to kill 2 yellow fallen sniper dudes that have an aim bot and shoot every second, surrounded by more fallen, and then a boss captain thats shielded. LUL I think that captain took me like 5 min alone to kill. He had that shrapnel launcher thing that he kept spamming. I had to wait for the correct burn to show up to do damage. But rewards were good tough, got like 5 tokens and some higher level gear even after failing the timed part.

Also got one of the prophecies, I think for doing that heroic mission, but now I have to collect 10 things that drop from chests or public events to turn into him and do whatever, except I did like 2 full PEs on venus and opened up several chests, and only managed to get one so far. LUL. So grind we shall. Also they need to fix the little jump pad things on that PE. Since it kills you like 80% of the time you use it at a certain part of the pe. Not sure if Im doing something wrong, or whatever, but I feel its fucking broken.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Got Prometheus Lens last night out of an exotic engram. Just saw how it is literally Vex Mythocast v2.0 in which it melts people in Crucible instantly. Can't wait to get home to see for myself...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nice balance there Bungie. I wonder how long before 90% of the people are using just that weapon in crucible. That will be glorious. also its RNG exotic engram shit so I know I wont ever see it since my luck in this game is fucking trash.

Also lost, I remember playing D1 with you. Youre the dude that likes his burbon, right? I remember farming heroic strikes with you.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Nice balance there Bungie. I wonder how long before 90% of the people are using just that weapon in crucible. That will be glorious. also its RNG exotic engram shit so I know I wont ever see it since my luck in this game is fucking trash.

Also lost, I remember playing D1 with you. Youre the dude that likes his burbon, right? I remember farming heroic strikes with you.

Yup, that's me. I believe we also did VoG when it first came out?

spronk

FPS noob
One of the more disappointing things in osiris is the infinite forest. It was billed at this randomized zone which changes in cool ways every time you run it, sort of a RNG dungeon. Hahaha, its like 8 rooms that just remix the way they interconnect and all the rooms look pretty much the same. And you got shoved into it over and over and over during the campaign for little to no reason, although I guess that was better than the random ass reasons you had to visit every planet. Court of Oryx or the arena thing in RoI was way more fun and interesting since there was actually stuff to do in both places that required other players help at the highest levels.

I do like vaginabot though, but morena bacarrins voice makes my bits tingle so it was pretty cool just having her VA as a companion bot, thought she did a good job and I probably would spend $10-20 on a VA replacement for NathanDrakeBot. Now I have to spend an hour looking at her naked pics from homeland

Last edited:

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Also got an exotic Ghost yesterday (Fast Lane Shell) that gives instant vehicle summoning and weapon reload when riding the Sparrow. No more trying to get lucky on the random instant-spawn Sparrow mod anymore. Can ride what the hell I want...

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I think this will be one of the quickest nerfed guns in destiny. They are already calling for trials to be canceled because of it.

From the one getting burned perspective

From the one doing the burning perspective.

Trials is 100% getting canceled this weekend • r/DestinyTheGame

Unreal. Funny how this DLC was a complete disappointment for me in PvE and managed to destroy the PvP part which was the only thing I still played. Well done Bungie!

• 1Solidarity

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oooh I want the laser beam gun.

What gun did everyone pick from Ikora for the mission reward? Auto/Scout/Hand Cannon. I got the scout because it was a new Energy scout and seemed like the way to go. It's ok, not great. Auto looks like a slightly different Uriels Gift

• Positive Outlook - Energy Weapon - Auto Rifle
  • Living Memory - Kinetic Weapon - Hand Cannon
  • Eternal Blazon - Energy Weapon - Scout Rifle

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Am I understanding this right that now that the level cap is raised, you can't do nightfall etc without being at this cap?

So I can't actually play anymore unless I buy the DLC?

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats how bungie rolls, they make all activities "DLC' so you cant do shit anymore. But I bet that you can still level up without DLC though.

• 1Barf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Am I understanding this right that now that the level cap is raised, you can't do nightfall etc without being at this cap?

So I can't actually play anymore unless I buy the DLC?
Must be what the critics were bitching about when they said "less than 2 months after release and Bungie is forcing you to buy a DLC to continue playing?"

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users