Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I can't tell if you are being intentionally dense.

If a person asks for something to scale there are MANY ways to accomplish that. Hell they already have item scaling in open world...and they didn't lock off that, better call up Bungie and let them know of this bug, right?

It was an attempt to push more sales of their DLC. It was unethical (borderline illegal, depending on the area) as hell because it is a bait and switch.

This isn't the first time into the ethics foray for Bungie, they had the XP scaling thing in place too until people found out about it. Then once they found out about it, they removed it but...oh DOUBLED the required XP to level?

Come on now, none of this is illegal but it does give you a GREAT insight into the minds of the owners of the game and their thoughts on their players / payers.

It's two modes. Modes that most players didn't even do, and if they did they cheesed every single encounter.

If it was the normal raid and NF I'd support every person bitching.

But it isn't. It's a tiny sliver most of the playerbase doesn't even do.

As for CoO being small. Ya. So was TDB and HoW.

D2s big TTK expansion comes out in Sept 18.

I'm working on my last prophecy weapon for this lockout. I still need to finish my hunter set from Mercury. Also doing a blind raid tomorrow with my clan. So I'm not done with CoO yet.

Once I have all 11 prophecy weapons and the raid farmed out I guess I'll be "done" but I'll still play Crucible and the weeklies.

Plus I'm loving the difficulty level of the heroic adventures. Tons of fun.

I'm sure there are games you guys enjoy as much as I do D2 =)

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Only cosmetic loot. Ships / sparrows / ghosts / ornaments. Which all look pretty sweet looking.

No actual weapons or armor pieces.

They added sparrows/ships/ornaments to the three factions as well now, so those aren't just Eververse anymore.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

I do not think anyone here is mocking you for liking the game. Most are tired of the obtuse deflections of what Bungie should have done. The Dark Below and House of Wolves was cut content from the original game when they sliced it to shit - and just because it had a lack of content doesn't excuse them doing again with this next DLC. Regardless of how many people run prestige or not, or may have if they ever wanted to at least try it, they can't now unless they purchase the DLC. That's wrong. And there were plenty of ways to go about it other than what they did after "All the mistakes they learned from" before, all basically repeated with this game times 5.

As a side note, tried to get a refund, was denied. Oh well. I won't be buying another Bungie game as they go right up with EA. From the DLC to the way they misrepresented experience to players to hopefully push people to the storefront... They now join the shelf of Joshua.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
I am in 100% agreement here. The rest of the bitching and moaning is fucking stupid, though.

One other thing I've seen is people crying that some loot is hidden behind payed loot boxes, wtf? That isn't accurate, or did I obliviously miss something?

For a while I didn't really think having cosmetic shit behind eververse paywall was a big deal either, but then I saw a reddit post that brought up a good point.

In past games, especially D1, you ran the raid weekly and did the nightfall weekly for the tiny, tiny, tiny chance at cosmetic stuff. There were ships and sparrows that dropped from Atheon and Aksis that were super rare drops, and you didn't mind farming them for that rare shot. Everyone here knows that feel from rare drops in Everquest - Jboots - or World of Warcraft - Ashes of Al'ar phoenix mount.

In D2 they increased dramatically the rare drops, but its all paywall'd behind eververse. Sure, you can get some from bright engrams but what used to be rare drops from challenging activities is now just RNG from XP or $$. Thats a radically different change and it drastically alters how and why you play the game. Fuck running the raids, no drops that I want, but if I farm these public events AFK for 2 hours i might earn a bright engram which might give me a cool ship or emote or shader.

If all that shit was put back INTO the game so you had a small shot at shaders from heroic strikes, shot at exotic ships in raids and nightfalls, etc people would happily run the same content over and over and over again but Bungie fucked up the tried and true game formula that has been in place for decades, and other companies are now all copying it and it dramatically changes how content is going to get developed in the future.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It's two modes. Modes that most players didn't even do, and if they did they cheesed every single encounter.

If it was the normal raid and NF I'd support every person bitching.

But it isn't. It's a tiny sliver most of the playerbase doesn't even do.

If I sold you a car with a fully functioning Audio system and then a few weeks later announced an update that will cost some money but will add the ability to listen to more on that deck, you would be thrilled!

Then update day comes along, you and a ton of other people LOVE that audio system so you all bought into the update but a few others who didn't need it, just didn't.

The people that didn't suddenly find out that their AM radios don't work.

I then announce that in order to expand our offering of audio options we had to finagle with the AM bands and you can't have them back unless you pay for the update.

Did I not just take from people something they just purchased?

As for CoO being small. Ya. So was TDB and HoW.

D2s big TTK expansion comes out in Sept 18.

I'm working on my last prophecy weapon for this lockout. I still need to finish my hunter set from Mercury. Also doing a blind raid tomorrow with my clan. So I'm not done with CoO yet.

Once I have all 11 prophecy weapons and the raid farmed out I guess I'll be "done" but I'll still play Crucible and the weeklies.

Plus I'm loving the difficulty level of the heroic adventures. Tons of fun.

At this point anything else I would say would be sour grapes.

I enjoy that you enjoy the game, for me it...like a ton of games recently...is a reminder that the quality, in games from large studios, is gone.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Well, they always put the best of their cosmetics behind a paywall, but I do not have a problem with that because it's cosmetics. There wasn't any pay to win.

^^^ My only issue with the whole lootbox pitchfork bandwagon is the slippery slope that is going to come up if/when they try to politicize/legislate lootboxes.

Politicians: Game developers are banned from implementing loot boxes!

Gamers: BUT WE JUST WANTED PAY TO WIN LOOTBOXES BANNED! WAAAH!!!

Politicians: Well, fuck.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, but you probably never even used the AM stations! They were way too advanced for you.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, even more fucked up with the whole Eververse thing is that apparently people who didn't buy the DLC can still get DLC shit from lootboxes.

So they're fucking everyone here, except people who buy lootboxes.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Also, even more fucked up with the whole Eververse thing is that apparently people who didn't buy the DLC can still get DLC shit from lootboxes.

Lol Wow.

• 1Solidarity

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
That's fucked up if true. Pretty blatant and even I can't defend that. CoO shit requires CoO (unless it's Eververse and you pay us then Nevermind!)

Shitty.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

They get the new season's cosmetic Eververse shit if they buy the new season's Engrams. It's not like they're getting DLC non-cosmetic gear out of those boxes, since statted items and Exotics don't drop from boxes.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Ah ya I guess Eververse shit is technically season tied and not DLC tied. But even the way they launched it makes them seem linked.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow, I would have thought the eververse loot would have been locked as well. That's pretty fucking hilarious.

I smell a shake up soon with the higher ups @ bungie. Calling it now..

• 1Solidarity

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
That's fucked up if true. Pretty blatant and even I can't defend that. CoO shit requires CoO (unless it's Eververse and you pay us then Nevermind!)

Shitty.

Oh it's possible:

upload_2017-12-7_14-30-46.png

What I don't know is if you can't use it as a non DLC owner or if it shoves other things off the list.

Got a Ghost shell as well.

• 1Like

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I don't see the argument here. They put in new cosmetic shit that you can either grind for or spend IRL money for and doesn't require the DLC. What is the argument? Why is that so earth shattering? So you don't get to do the new "real" content because it is part of the DLC but you can get a new pretty ship (if you want) through grinding bright engrams, and you're complaining? You guys are grasping at straws there.

The only valid bitching point is them blocking the prestige shit (a bitching which I agree with). You don't need the DLC for cosmetic shit. You can get it through bright engrams.

Can you only get the new cosmetic shit through PAID bright engrams? Even then, who cares. It has zero affect on game play. If people chose to do that then it is their prerogative.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's the shady business aspect of it all..

It's like..."hey we took out some of the end game activities you originally paid for and locked it behind a paid $DLC, Buuuuut here is some cool looking shit you can still farm for, *whispers* and also purchase.'

If you can't see the greed in that, I honestly don't know what to tell you..

Hell you can't even acquire one of the achievements / trophies anymore that came with the original game without buying the DLC.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see the argument here.

I think the issue would be if they put the new ones in but didn't allow them to be usable unless you paid for the DLC

For example, you get 4 items typically.

DLC DLC Whatever Whatever

VS

USABLE USABLE Whatever Whatever

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not even sure if its greed or if the decision makers are just that inept..probably some of both.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
hey we took out some of the end game activities you originally paid for and locked it behind a paid $DLC

Yup. This is bullshit, I agree.

here is some cool looking shit you can still farm for, *whispers* and also purchase.'

You're complaining that they're giving you the ability to get cosmetic items, either for free through grinding or by paying. This is not bullshit.

I do understand your argument but I guess I just agree to disagree on it. *shrug*

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I think the issue would be if they put the new ones in but didn't allow them to be usable unless you paid for the DLC

Yeah that would be bullshit but is that actually the case? Doesn't seem to be true based off what I'm reading, so it's not bullshit.

I have no friggin clue because I have the DLC.