Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

spronk

FPS noob
We asjked to be raped. It is our fault

Maybe if you didn't walk around with your credit card out then game companies wouldn't ask you to pay more for the game you bought, ever think about that? Bungie is just human, if they see a person flashing cash of course they are gonna want some.

Did you guys ever previously run prestige? Or are you mad just based on principle?

Platinum'd on 9/27
Destiny 2 Trophies - PS4

i got 200+ hours so not gonna call in plus I don't mind playing once in a while still and i own the DLCs. Still, its a bitch ass move by any company to lock launch trophies behind DLCs and imo its just as bad as loot crates and shit and there is zero excuse to allow it. "Players asked for harder nightfall" is not a fucking excuse, change the platinum trophy then to not require the new DLC locked trophies.

Anyways apparently Sony is not refunding at all, just about everyone is getting refused. Xbox is pretty cool though and will probably refund you if you ask nicely and flirt a little. I don't know about Battle.net/Activision

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Maybe if you didn't walk around with your credit card out then game companies wouldn't ask you to pay more for the game you bought, ever think about that? Bungie is just human, if they see a person flashing cash of course they are gonna want some.
American Inventor you retarded? I bought the game and now have less content if I don't get the DLC

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Did you guys ever previously run prestige? Or are you mad just based on principle?

I bet most of them never even did the normal raid let alone Prestige. It's being mad and angsty to fit in with the cool kids imo.

Refunding the game is theft. But do you!

• 1Salty

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^^If the game had some redeeming qualities, maybe they would not care and thry to get refund in the first place.

Honestly? This game does blow. And I was diehard D1 player. Lack of shit to do, lack of shit to grind for, lack of weapons, gear sucks now, its just aesthetics. Lack of good exotics, nerfed classes, nerfed class loadout selection. Nerfed activities, nerfed PvP, nerfed PvP palylist selection, the list goes fucking on and on. the fucking token farming, etc...etc... Its a shell of its former self, and its former self took like 2 yrs to git good, lol.

Too bad. Redit is shitting on this game now hardcore, gaming news sites are catching on to this DLC lockout fiasco. It s a shame but bungie needs to make some changes inhouse. Because whomever is making these dumb decisions for this franchise needs to go.

I didnt have huge expectations for this DLC, but come on, less than a day and im back to doing weekly shit ive been doing for 3 months? LUL?

Broken weapons which is ruining PvP, broken fucking jump pads which renders this supposed biggest PE ever, unplayable. Meh... Ill come back in a year, maybe it will be fixed by then.

But hey, Bungie knows how to fix the game, just look at who they are trying to hire...LUL

Bungie - Job Detail
the Senior Progression Designer works with a diverse array of disciplines to build and maintain Destiny’s monetization business: the Eververse. You will work with Artists to plan and realize new items, and with Engineers and other Designers to imbue it with function. The ideal candidate will be a force in creating alignment and support for new designs and monetization strategies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I tried to refund the game with the reason "Gaige likes it." and it didn't work :(

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I still enjoy the game and will be playing for a while. I have the DLC so I am not affected by the change and I've not jumped on the pitchfork bandwagon. But I get the argument and totally agree that it makes zero sense that they are making the "old" raid and nightfall and ???whatever else got locked out require 330 LL now. Everything scales down so... what the fuck? Whoever made that decision is a fucktard.

Still, lol @ the amount of pissing and moaning I read about this game. Salty tears everywhere.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Also, players ASKED BUNGIE TO DO THIS.

Old raids didn't scale in D1 and people begged for them to.

Every single light level raise players wanted VoG to scale and it didn't until AoT and so many people cried emo tears

I can't tell if you are being intentionally dense.

If a person asks for something to scale there are MANY ways to accomplish that. Hell they already have item scaling in open world...and they didn't lock off that, better call up Bungie and let them know of this bug, right?

It was an attempt to push more sales of their DLC. It was unethical (borderline illegal, depending on the area) as hell because it is a bait and switch.

This isn't the first time into the ethics foray for Bungie, they had the XP scaling thing in place too until people found out about it. Then once they found out about it, they removed it but...oh DOUBLED the required XP to level?

Come on now, none of this is illegal but it does give you a GREAT insight into the minds of the owners of the game and their thoughts on their players / payers.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I can't tell if you are being intentionally dense.

If a person asks for something to scale there are MANY ways to accomplish that. Hell they already have item scaling in open world...and they didn't lock off that, better call up Bungie and let them know of this bug, right?

It was an attempt to push more sales of their DLC. It was unethical (borderline illegal, depending on the area) as hell because it is a bait and switch.

This isn't the first time into the ethics foray for Bungie, they had the XP scaling thing in place too until people found out about it. Then once they found out about it, they removed it but...oh DOUBLED the required XP to level?

Come on now, none of this is illegal but it does give you a GREAT insight into the minds of the owners of the game and their thoughts on their players / payers.

LOL they did the same shit with D1 DLC and caught the same flak from people. Its nto their first time, bro.

• 1Solidarity

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Wait, people are bitching the mount of time it takes to level is too long now? Seriously?

Holy fuck, people are dumber than I thought. It takes less than an hour to do 20-25 for fucks sake.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All I see is people bitching because the 20-25 shit is just useless, why even have it in game? Some artificial thing to show you you are progressing? Same shit about light levels, they just dont fucking matter at all other than prestige raid and prestige NF, which probably hardly anyone does anyway.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Wait, people are bitching the mount of time it takes to level is too long now? Seriously?

Holy fuck, people are dumber than I thought. It takes less than an hour to do 20-25 for fucks sake.

Not really all that shocking, rats fleeing a ship. People are coming up with any reason under the sun to not like the game.

The game is...below average.

Like if I was told this was a no-name studio attempt at a haloish clone I'd be like, "Oh that makes sense, it needs some polish but it isn't terrible."

It isn't that, it's a AAA studio game that needs a ton of polish. Instead of a micro fiber cloth, they used a taint rag from a 70 year old hooker for their first round of polishing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
^^^If the game had some redeeming qualities, maybe they would not care and thry to get refund in the first place.

Honestly? This game does blow. And I was diehard D1 player. Lack of shit to do, lack of shit to grind for, lack of weapons, gear sucks now, its just aesthetics. Lack of good exotics, nerfed classes, nerfed class loadout selection. Nerfed activities, nerfed PvP, nerfed PvP palylist selection, the list goes fucking on and on. the fucking token farming, etc...etc... Its a shell of its former self, and its former self took like 2 yrs to git good, lol.

Too bad. Redit is shitting on this game now hardcore, gaming news sites are catching on to this DLC lockout fiasco. It s a shame but bungie needs to make some changes inhouse. Because whomever is making these dumb decisions for this franchise needs to go.

I didnt have huge expectations for this DLC, but come on, less than a day and im back to doing weekly shit ive been doing for 3 months? LUL?

Broken weapons which is ruining PvP, broken fucking jump pads which renders this supposed biggest PE ever, unplayable. Meh... Ill come back in a year, maybe it will be fixed by then.

Don't even bother, they aren't fooling anyone. it's fucktards like them game companies continue busting shit like this. I'm just glad the majority of gamers are finally speaking out on this type of bullshit.

I said it months ago before this shit-storm started that bungie flopped their end game. Annnd now this, locking out content behind $DLC$, yeaaa...NOT TODAY SATAN. They did it in D1, sure, but you would think they would have learned from that.

Congratulations Bungie, you have become EA. I do feel for the programmers / artists though....D2 is a beautiful looking game.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

I think more people are upset that prestige content is locked at 330, which you need to buy the expansion for to obtain, when you could play it originally (Nigthfall and Raid) with 300 - with basically the same content give or take a strike in the expansion. The way they should have gone about it was add a new raid, and two new strikes, put prestige on THAT new content at 330, and left prestige raid and nightfalls for existing content at 300. For a 20 dollar DLC that should have easily been a no brainer and also separate those two presitge levels - then also add an additional trophy outside of vanilla for that DLC content that doesn't effect platinum on the vanilla game if they didn't reach that yet.

Basically, the right and easy thing to do unless you are a fucking sheister organization led by an asshole named Luke Smith.

• 2Like

jeydax

Death and Taxes
The way they should have gone about it was add a new raid, and two new strikes, put prestige on THAT new content at 330, and left prestige raid and nightfalls for existing content at 300.

I am in 100% agreement here. The rest of the bitching and moaning is fucking stupid, though.

One other thing I've seen is people crying that some loot is hidden behind payed loot boxes, wtf? That isn't accurate, or did I obliviously miss something?

• 1Like

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am in 100% agreement here. The rest of the bitching and moaning is fucking stupid, though.

One other thing I've seen is people crying that some loot is hidden behind payed loot boxes, wtf? That isn't accurate, or did I obliviously miss something?

Only cosmetic loot. Ships / sparrows / ghosts / ornaments. Which all look pretty sweet looking.

No actual weapons or armor pieces.

• 1Like

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Yeah I've been playing the shit out of the game and was confused as hell when I read that. So it is just blatant misinformation people are spreading because someone somewhere said BUNGIE IS THE NEW EA! GET 'EM! Par for the course nowadays I guess.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I've been playing the shit out of the game and was confused as hell when I read that. So it is just blatant misinformation people are spreading because someone somewhere said BUNGIE IS THE NEW EA! GET 'EM! Par for the course nowadays I guess.

Well, they always put the best of their cosmetics behind a paywall, but I do not have a problem with that because it's cosmetics. There wasn't any pay to win. The DLC though on the other hand was ridiculous.