Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

spronk

FPS noob
Definitely awesome week for PVP, feels like Destiny 1. Easy to double and triple dip to complete power engram weeklies too, like doing ~6-7 games of mayhem will complete that and crucible power and take you halfway to clan XP, then just doing a few heroic PEs on titan will add another. All the dawning quests are per character too, don't forget to try and pick up a verse box thingie to complete

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Got my last Hunter exotic (Jesters) and finished all the prophecies and got my exotic Sangria ghost or whatever too.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh I forgot about that Ghost thing. I guess I should look into doing that.

I like the events in this game. Although this gift thing is fucking grindy. I had kill 20 minotaurs and 3 dusklight crystals. Took a fair amount of time. No way I'm doing that on 3 characters every day. The armor looks pretty cool though.

Shit that Warlock helm looks good. I may have to have a go at that too.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
2 per account per week plus free one so 7.

Though word is Bungie is having Tess sell 2 pieces of armor the next two weeks so you can buy whole sets with bright dust.

spronk

FPS noob
Its weird I did the full quest chain - do 8 PVP games, run 6 strikes and all I got as a reward was 2 shaders. Not a big deal really since it was just a little extra on top of the weekly power engram stuff but thought i'd get more for doing all that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
At the end of the quest chain all I got was one of those boon items you use during a strike/match.

spronk

FPS noob
apparently a bug, if you are a void warlock and cook a grenade and toss your super when throwing in mayhem, it wont consume your super energy. infinite, instant supers. from reddit:

On console, you need to be using the Bumper Jumper control scheme, as that's the only scheme that separates super activation from the grenade button.
Basically, just hold down grenade button and hit super button before the overcharge animation finishes.

also gamestop is selling the xbox one version of D2 + expac for $32, online only. thing is you get $35 of XBL credit within half an hour, and they mail you the physical copy of the base game. ONLY for xbox one, PS4 gets emailed the actual DLC xpac. I guess its just because xbox doesn't generate DLC codes on their storefront or something. Anyways probably will be fixed soon but if you have some leftover gamestop credit or something
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/destiny-2-expansion-pass-xbox-live/156559

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Needs to be top tree, Chaos. It's kind of dumb though because it counts as a nade kill so 1 instead of 3, so those teams usually end up losing. It's annoying as fuck though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So "Music of the Spheres" got leaked as an Xmas present. This was the 'prequel' music composed for Destiny which was never released due to one of the many levels of fuckery that got wrapped up in the original release of Destiny and the abortion of the original storyline.

It is more clear by the day that there was an amazing game / media property in development and they completely fucked it up. This thing we have now is just a sad recycling of art assets.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Fated Engram works for me, I got Crimson and Colony so far, both I didn't have. Just need Telesto for every exotic now. Hoping i get it when weeklies reset.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Man, they are tearing this game a new asshole on Youtube. I didn't realize how bad the expansion was until I saw some of those vids, putting all the skins behind micro-transactions was a really greedy, dick move.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yah man, pretty much every Destiny youtuber is shitting on it at least once weekly. It's kind of funny, the dawning shit is trash. I mean realistically nobody gives a fuck about the stuff. Just re-skins of re-skins of re-skins, but i get it, it's the principal of the matter. Hopefully the amount of backlash they've received from their community causes some sort of recourse. Somehow they've managed to stay out of the public spotlight unlike EA (relatively speaking), but Bungie's community is absolutely viscous (good thing), and isn't letting them slide. At least when it comes to forum posting and youtube videos. It's interesting how they've gone from the dev who can do no wrong in the eyes of the community to being called 'greedy corporate shitlords' by the same people that would eat their poop just 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yah man, pretty much every Destiny youtuber is shitting on it at least once weekly. It's kind of funny, the dawning shit is trash. I mean realistically nobody gives a fuck about the stuff. Just re-skins of re-skins of re-skins, but i get it, it's the principal of the matter. Hopefully the amount of backlash they've received from their community causes some sort of recourse. Somehow they've managed to stay out of the public spotlight like EA did (relatively speaking), but Bungie's community is absolutely viscous (good thing), and isn't letting them slide. At least when it comes to forum posting and youtube videos. It's interesting how they've gone from the dev who can do no wrong in the eyes of the community to being called 'greedy corporate shitlords' by the same people that would eat their poop just 4 years ago.

This video explains their downfall pretty well. Corporate greed, who would have guessed it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
How fucking sad is it that I havent played this game in two months. That means I got about 2 months out of it. I played the first about 1200 hours.

So fucking sad how they ruined PVP

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Surprised you lasted 2 months. I only did 3 or 4 weeks and I was doing a lot of grinding to 305. I'm still amazed at how shallow this ended up being.