Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
How fucking sad is it that I havent played this game in two months. That means I got about 2 months out of it. I played the first about 1200 hours.

So fucking sad how they ruined PVP

Surprised you lasted 2 months. I only did 3 or 4 weeks and I was doing a lot of grinding to 305. I'm still amazed at how shallow this ended up being.

I know in my case, I was still holding hope. I logged in for a bit and did dalies and logged off. Then I logged in and collected my clan loot and logged off for a couple weeks. Now I don't log in at all in any meaningful way.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's actually a relatively significant amount of people migrating back to D1 for the PVP alone. I for one like the subtle changes they've made to movement, but that's it and definitely miss the 6v6. Also, the lack of power fantasy in D2 compared to D1 is what I think is really killing it for people, maybe subconsciously. In D1, the exotics and your class felt powerful. Sometimes too powerful, but that's the point. That's exactly what separates Destiny from other shooters. This time around the exotics are extremely 'meh' compared to that of D1. The recharge rate of supers, grenades and melee is so slow, especially in PVP that by the time you get it the match is halfway over. I've only had a handful of matches where I managed two supers, and that was squeezing it in there. I hated the shotgun metas in D1 but still, would much prefer that craziness to the boring Better Devils/Mida meta that is pervasive in D2. It's just so boring right now.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Enjoyed the weeks of Mayem - logged on tuesday expecting more and it was gone so i uninstalled until its brought back.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Havent touched this since checking out the fail DLC for a few days. did they add some shit yet? Or are we all still waiting for that magic TTK DLC next year?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Havent touched this since checking out the fail DLC for a few days. did they add some shit yet? Or are we all still waiting for that magic TTK DLC next year?

You'll have to buy a loot box before I answer this.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Then the right answer is just a few RNGesus prays away.

Short answer is no, long answer is fuck no. They dont seem to know what to do with it if they cant monetize it properly.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was bored at work and decided to check this thread to see what was up. Apparently people just aren't talking about it anymore.

Dead game.

Uninstalled it back in November and haven't even thought about it much.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Still installed on PC but not played in a while. funny since the first one I could not put down for a few years.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The streaming numbers are hilarious. No one is playing or watching this garbage. So sad.

Argarth

On the verandah
One of only two games in recent years that I actually regret paying good money for. The other is PUBG.

Fadaar

That guy
One of only two games in recent years that I actually regret paying good money for. The other is PUBG.

Eh I've gotten my money's worth in both games at least from an hours-played standpoint (unsure about Destiny 2, but 255 hours for PUBG). At least PUBG has steadily gotten better even if the new map is questionable, can't say the same for D2. A game like this just isn't sustainable for a hardcore crowd, I just don't think it's possible to develop enough content quick enough to keep people engaged.

Edit: Oh, apparently this is a thing: Wasted on Destiny 2. 124 hours in D2 (PC). 229 in D1 (PS4) with the VAST majority of that being in the first two months after it came out.

Argarth

On the verandah
Eh I've gotten my money's worth in both games at least from an hours-played standpoint ...

Yeah, I get that, and of course there are many still enjoying them. With Destiny, I just completely lost interest before I had even "finished" a single character, but that's not really the reason I regret the purchase. That sort of thing has happened before, and will likely happen again.

I wish I hadn't supported the studio with my money, for various philosophical reasons that have been kicked to death on these and other forums in recent weeks. Too bad, so sad I guess, moving right along.

With PUBG, well I blame a workmate for talking me into it. Not really! :D Early access, shit code, should have known better. My bad.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
DESTINY 2 - DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 1-11-18 > News | Bungie.net

A good read but lot's of this stuff was already in D1. A shame this game didn't have half of this feature day 1.

Thing is even if they make this game great in the next year, they already lost 80% of their people and will definitely not get the majority fo them back. Besides most of the good shit is end of this year probably next year. Hope they learned their lesson in D2 and wont make the same mistake in D3.

Like who releases a PC game with no chat options other than group? Like WTF??? And then 2 yrs to fix it, lulz

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, they blew it because that was the first impression for PC gamers. There are enough PC options that you don't generally go back for a shitty game a year later. Console players might have more leeway because of Destiny 1, but even then, why come back to Destiny 2 if Destiny 1 is what you really wanted to play to begin with?