Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do they know how bad it is? Surely they must right?

I'm sure they know, but not sure how much they care since they are still under the season pass pre-paid revenue. I'm expecting massive fixes in whatever the next DLC is around September, when everyone has to pay more to get it. They also just had a summit where they invited a bunch of streamers/former streamers for a 2 day Q and A with Bungie staff where all questions were answered (but most under an NDA so not many specifics came out). Overall the vibe seemed to be positive from the streamers that shared impressions.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Did they ever fix the complete lack of in game communication? I was amazed they released it like that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't play on PC, so don't quote me on this, but I think they added in game chat to the social spaces for PC only.
Which...entirely missed the point.

A team game where you can't communicate to your team is retarded. So now you can say "Hey, let's group up to do xyz!" And then never talk again. Or never talk to your Clan, which makes those completely useful.

Fucking retards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm still baffled why they kept the engine that takes computers running overnight to compile changes. I'm almost positive someone, somewhere said they were moving away from that and they didn't.

I really wanted this to be good but I'm damn sure not buying anything until it's way down the road and with more content if any at all. I don't know if they have the capabilities to add enough content to bring back the people they lost and I'm damn sure not going to be the guinea pig for the new DLC.
That's an odd complaint. Are they actually blaming compile time on why they can't be more responsive? Depending on the change, for an application this size, I can see overnight as a reasonable amount of time to build a new installer.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Warmind DLC story content and upgrades to Exotic weapons, the introduction of Ranked Crucible play, new Crucible maps, Private Matches, Heroic Strike Modifiers, Multi-Emote, additional Vault Space. If you want to read more, today they released a more in depth summary at Warmind > News | Bungie.net

Is this the last of the DLC that season pass people are getting for free?

If so I forsee that much anger will be had on the DLC after this one, especially if it's one of those jaw dropping "Must haves" like Diablo 3 OG to Diablo 3 "The Vision!".

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's an odd complaint. Are they actually blaming compile time on why they can't be more responsive? Depending on the change, for an application this size, I can see overnight as a reasonable amount of time to build a new installer.

The problem being they have to run the computers overnight to load the assets or whatever just to make a simple tweak such as changing ammo counts in weapons, and if it fails then they have to start over. This is why it takes them months to make simple changes such as ammo counts etc. There are videos out there explaining it better than I can but basically they made it impossible to make super small changes on the fly or even hotfixes.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which...entirely missed the point.

A team game where you can't communicate to your team is retarded. So now you can say "Hey, let's group up to do xyz!" And then never talk again. Or never talk to your Clan, which makes those completely useful.

Fucking retards.
You do know that you have voice chat for team play, right? Aside from that, yea, the lack of a Clan chat system ingame was dumb. Hell, could they have done something like Discord for Clan voice chat?

After playing the past few days, I can say that the Curse of Osiris DLC was pretty lame, so little content and a patrol area that could fit inside one of the bigger open spaces on Earth or Nessus. I would swear that the timer on chest loot is still present, and the high chance at getting repeat exotics is still a thing (my warlock got the new CoO gloves in the first few minutes of play, then got them again at the end of the CoO story).

The story itself was moderately interesting, but had no relation to the main D2 storyline at all, and Osiris just goes back doing his shit inside the Vex network. If anything, that DLC made me just want to get rid of my Ghost. The new legendary guns are locked behind a rather dull grind (due to Strikes being dull).. and they are not that good at all (aside from the shotgun). Really meh overall.

I am not that hopeful for the new DLC next week, but they are making some changes for the better. The Story for it is once again coming from waaaaaay out in leftfield, please make sense.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You do know that you have voice chat for team play, right? Aside from that, yea, the lack of a Clan chat system ingame was dumb. Hell, could they have done something like Discord for Clan voice chat?
I'm just responding to what Talenvor said. I quit after about 3 weeks into the game.

You know, where you had to use Discord. But you shouldn't have to use a 3rd party application for communication in a multiplayer game. Worse, they even banned people for using Discord for the first week or two.

If they added voice chat, great. Still fucking ridiculous. The whole game is and was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Probably the biggest game failure I can think of in the last decade, if not ever.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Is there still no loot to look forward to in this game? Then why the fuck play it?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is there still no loot to look forward to in this game? Then why the fuck play it?

I wrote this shit ad nauseum on their forums and on reddit. this is in reality the only thing that kept people playing D1 as long as they did. Random stats on guns and powerful weapons dropping from raids.

I saw a stream like a month or so ago, just channel surfing on twitch one night. And to my amazement they were still using the same fucking guns in PvP from the first month of the game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Loot game needs interesting loot to succeed, how is this fucking hard for developers?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Meh, uninstalled this at some point and just dont see a reason to reinstall - glad i was smart enough to ignore the season pass this time around.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The companion app has clan chat, not ideal but super easy to use to make a clan group.

• 1Picard

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have added some tweaks to weapons / armor called Masterwork; added some unique raid-only perks to the raid gear, and in the process of revamping Exotic weapons with the first round coming with Warmind. They added a carrot for those enjoy PvP the most... a really OP weapon that will take awhile to earn (with Warmind). Still the same stupid Mod system though... the most obvious way to change up boring weapons, but still not fully utilized.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Exotic Masterworks actually seem somewhat good too. I am very curious what Masterwork Exotic Armor will look like in the near future.

I am somewhat looking forward to this DLC and what the changes have to offer. I still believe that butchering the whole class tree system and going to an incredibly dumbed-down system (D1 tree was still pretty simple) really hurt them as there is literally no choices to be made anymore. Add the shitty class tree system to the generic, non-randomized loot (in terms of stats/perks) makes for a boring game because those 2 things are essentially the most important aspects with this type of game. Just bad decisions all around at the beginning but looks like they're pulling their collective-asses out of their heads finally (and AGAIN) much like what occurred with D1...

spronk

FPS noob
new dlc will probably have 10-15 hours of shit to mess around with but be dead again. realistically the only real shot they have at revamping the game right is their sept content expansion, it wasn't until Taken King was out that Destiny 1 got pretty good. I have no idea however if the current bungie team could pull it off. Basically every little change they have done since launch is push the game closer to D1 in functionality/systems, which is hilarious. You had something that worked really well and its taken you 4 years to inch your way back towards it.

the only way they could really win back people though at this point is (1) make a good sept xpac and (2) make it free. i don't think thats gonna happen.

EA is going to go in HARD with Anthem at E3 this June, they have only two big games they are showing off: Battlefield V and Anthem. BF5 is fall launch, Anthem is probably 1Q 2019.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The loot system should be like diablo. Also add some new classes for fuck sake. This shit is so stale.

• 1Like