Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ladro

Anomaly
So maybe just play Diablo?
Diablo with guns was always the promise. The Division tried and fucked it up, but semi redeemed itself lately. I agree they are going to have to pull a miracle out of their ass in September to get people interested again. Some friends and I are going to take the day off on Tuesday, power through everything in the DLC and be done with it. It's a boring ass game now but we all bought into the season pass hype so at least we'll get our money's worth.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If they did Vermintide 2 just like D1 but with more crafting and mmo areas I'd never stop playing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just responding to what Talenvor said. I quit after about 3 weeks into the game.

You know, where you had to use Discord. But you shouldn't have to use a 3rd party application for communication in a multiplayer game. Worse, they even banned people for using Discord for the first week or two.

If they added voice chat, great. Still fucking ridiculous. The whole game is and was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Probably the biggest game failure I can think of in the last decade, if not ever.

They had voice chat on PC day one, but the user interface was so fucked up no one knew how to enable it. If you were able to, it wasn't as good as Discord anyway.

PC Clan and Pubic area chat was supposed to be added in February. They added public area chat a couple months ago, again no one knows how to opt in to see it, so few people use it. Clan chat may come this summer, but honestly people are beyond caring because we us Discord now anyway. Crazy thing is, they are using Blizzard chat assets...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im not sure why, but D2 just never felt the same. In D1 I ran the raid on every toon asap and had 3 hunters to funnel. However in this i didnt even like it enough to want to raid, i may have missed out but if outside the raid didnt intrigue i dont think the raid alone would have kept me going.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same here Xexx. Ran the raids regularly in D1 but no desire at all in D2. Don’t even enjoy the mindless single player D2 stuff anymore. All felt so unrewarding and pointless compared to D1.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't play D1, but in D2 I ran the raid one time...and then figured out it was a waste of time. First, I already had most of the raid gear from the clan rewards. But on top of that, most of it wasn't even remotely close to best in slot. So why bother? To collect?

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Same here Xexx. Ran the raids regularly in D1 but no desire at all in D2. Don’t even enjoy the mindless single player D2 stuff anymore. All felt so unrewarding and pointless compared to D1.

Big issue was the exotics in D2 werent exotics, they were glorified turds. That plus they had the nerve to reuse exotics from the previous game as if reusing assets and a mute guardian werent enough. I can forgive them for the failed attempt to recreate the glory of TTK but i cannot forget them for removing entire landmarks and planets/moons to offer up later on in D2 as paid DLC. Where the motherfuck is my god dam moon? I didnt see it and i was 100000% sure if we got it back as a place to visit it would end up being something we paid for and that alone was enough to not invest in the game.

Dont get it twisted, i feel D2 and D1 still have THE BEST gun and movement mechanics in a shooter to date,..period but that just falls flat when you layer a mind numbing turd on top of it or take away everything that we loved in TTK. Notice i say TTK and not D1 bc D1 was shit until TTK.

spronk

FPS noob
chalk me up as another guy who was totally into D1, putting over 1000 hours into the game doing mindless shit, but under 100 hours in D2. I think its like MMOs, once you pop your cherry in a genre its really hard to relive that kill-loot-kill loop. It doesn't help that D2 is worse than D1 in pretty much every way you can imagine. Still absolutely blows my mind how badly bungie has fucked things up.

I'm genuinely curious how people are going to take in Anthem, Bioware's spin on the genre. I want to think I'll be into the game and it might be fun but I'm pretty sure it'll be another Destiny 2 kinda situation.

I'm gonna play D2 next week for the new DLC, doubt i'll play more than 15-20 hours but saw this post on how to min/max stuff the loop, all my chars are at 330-332 light so i'm not even maxxed out. gonna have to login tomorrow and delete a ton of shit since i have my vaults and everything full of useless crap

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Anthem is guaranteed to be a SJW shit fest so it will suck.

Another reason why D2 sucked is the lame leveling process. The hard caps on gear light level were fucking aids.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Regardless of SJW shit, Bioware is a hack studio now with shitty bugs, animations, etc.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't play D1, but in D2 I ran the raid one time...and then figured out it was a waste of time. First, I already had most of the raid gear from the clan rewards. But on top of that, most of it wasn't even remotely close to best in slot. So why bother? To collect?

Heh, with Masterworking armor allowing you to re-roll stats on every piece, everything is best in slot. Not that it matters once you have the raid class item and legs for the mods, it becomes way easier.

spronk

FPS noob

playing today to try and prune my shit before dlc tomorrow and it feels very much like returning to an MMO after 2 years (even tho its only been like... six months), i have a fuck ton of stuff i have no idea what to do with and i have no idea what weapons are good and which suck, games that wanna be GAAS services really need a better way for people who haven't played for months or years to get a quick catch up and clean up.

also if you own the season pass you need to "buy" DLC2 for free on the PSN store to authenticate it. not sure on xbox/pc, assume it just kinda works

Last edited:

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
You can check your gear via Destiny Item Manager and look at the ratings of each piece along with player reviews on why it is rated that way (Good for PvP or PvE, etc.). Exotic weapons are getting tweaked with the DLC tomorrow, so keep that in mind.

Off the top of my head, the weapons that were good back then are still good now (Better Devils, Uriels/Positive Outlook, Curtain Call/Sins of the Past). Add Pulse Rifles, Linear Fusion Rifles, Manannan SR4 and some Shotguns to that mix.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last few days, I went through and did all the story quests. There's a quest chain on each planet. Went through all of that, and went from Level 20 216 light, to level 25 and 265 Light.

Been told to jump into Osiris DLC next, to boost Light further, before getting into Warmind. That's fine with me as I'm not in any hurry.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Be sure to do the Prophesy Weapons quest. It is time locked (unless they changed it) to only give you a few parts each week. Hand Cannon, Shotgun (one of the best in game) and end result are all worth it. Pretty cool quest to boot.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Be sure to do the Prophesy Weapons quest. It is time locked (unless they changed it) to only give you a few parts each week. Hand Cannon, Shotgun (one of the best in game) and end result are all worth it. Pretty cool quest to boot.
Still locked to a few Prophecies per week, quite a bit of grinding. Shotgun is nice.

spronk

FPS noob
is the update live? i had to start a 6 gig download today morning, will check back with it tonight but saw all the D2 streamers streaming destiny 1

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Graviton Lance is pretty hilarious, crit kill a mob and it goes flying, explodes then axion bolts come out and blow up anything nearby. Story is short, the two "new" strikes are buffed up versions two Story missions.