Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If any of the old strikes, missions are even an option in D2 id completely write this shit off

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So if I'm understanding this right there is only one new strike and one new raid...? That seems very underwhelming if so.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thats what I am wondering. Why are they saying "New strike". Yeah, we should have about 2-3 per planet I would guess.

And yeah a new raid. Of course. It's a new game.

Now I wonder if they are going to rehash all the old strikes to D2 and reskin those, and then only have one more strike...that's new? Haha wow. That CANNOT be true.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The way they are talking about it, it sounds like its an expansion to Destiny 1 instead of a wholly new title. So does this mean that the existing Destiny gets replaced with this? I'm getting the same vibe from everyone else, though the overall structure of those new areas does seem genuinely different so I'm conflicted as to what this is:

Expansion or Sequel?

Interesting notion with the Clan + Solo peoples

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have no idea. I really liked the campaign additions. Seemed to have better story, voice acting, action, scripting, etc. I would have assumed "And now with 4 new planets, we are shipping with 8 new strikes and 2 new raids..... "

Sounds like it is just a story expansion with a new strike, a new raid, and a new PVP game mode - for $59.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No no. There are more than just 1 new strike, they mentioned multiple times before that there are new "strikes".... but yea, only mentioned 1 new raid.

But...it does sound like there are only going to be 4 new patrol areas, Earth, Io, Titan, and Nessus. No mention of the existing areas on Venus, Mars, Moon, or Dreadnaught.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the one strike they were talking about is what the dudes at the reveal can play. they did say that this is the most content they ever packed into a game at bungie in its history.

Not sure how I feel about the 4v4 PvP, I kind of liked the 6v6. I kind of hoped they would expand that into some bigger PvP fights like 12 v 12 or even 20 v 20 mass battles.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's like these guys never went to high school or something. Yeah, cliques really are generally very inviting to new unknown people. It's like they think they have the secret sauce to matchmaking that no one else has thought of after all this time.

This should be good for a month anyways before everyone wanders off again.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i'm in for a few weeks, looks good. looks like the cabal take over earth. i wonder what that planet blowing up at the end is

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No no. There are more than just 1 new strike, they mentioned multiple times before that there are new "strikes".... but yea, only mentioned 1 new raid.

But...it does sound like there are only going to be 4 new patrol areas, Earth, Io, Titan, and Nessus. No mention of the existing areas on Venus, Mars, Moon, or Dreadnaught.

Ok thank God. I was actually getting really fired up from seeing the new campaign (Which is important) and the new planets, new game mode, the new map function without having to go into orbit to get to a new planet (Big) and the new QoL / Clan based features for raiding - but when they mentioned one new strike, I was like ok hold your horses... There should be about 8 new strikes at least :)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will be disappointed if there isn't at least 8 new strikes (2 per planet).

It seems our characters will still be able to use "powers", but maybe it will be limited to the new subclass? Those all look cool to me.

Honestly, if D2 releases with more content than D1+Crota/Wolves, I'll be happy.

Hmmm. D2 PC on Bnet? Wonder if Blizz will help out with having some dedicated servers?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ok thank God. I was actually getting really fired up from seeing the new campaign (Which is important) and the new planets, new game mode, the new map function without having to go into orbit to get to a new planet (Big) and the new QoL / Clan based features for raiding - but when they mentioned one new strike, I was like ok hold your horses... There should be about 8 new strikes at least :)
I'm betting they reuse some or most of the patrol areas in addition to the new ones, but that the strikes and raid are completely different. Maybe one where the area itself is similar but the actual strike is different