Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welp i havent had time to get back into it just yet but this kinda kills the desire to even fire it up - The first quest was terribly drag as is so if there isnt anything to look forward to i can just uninstall again
Well, if you played through the Curse of Osiris dlc, I can honestly say that the Warmind content is much better. The devs at Vicarious Vision put a puzzle into the game which ppl solved the other day, it was the location in New York state that had a replica of one of Rasputins weapons and some other stuff. My biggest gripe with this DLC is the change to Heroic Strikes (making them harder, which is good) that has them drop loot at 340, but the recommended light level for them is 350, so ppl below 350 have a much harder time doing harder content with no useful reward.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Heroic Strike loot is real dumb considering they are legitimately challenging now (though still not hard.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Patch game yesterday, play today, 340+ in all slots, only real option for progression already is praying to the RNG Powerful Loot Pinata in future weeks, memorized new planet already, "New" Strikes are missions I did earlier today.

I actually wish the shooting didn't feel so damn good, then I could uninstall this game and forget about it forever.

It's like this incredibly out of your league chick at work has rebound sex with you every half a year when she breaks up with her current boyfriend. You can't get any more out of it than two fantastic nights a year, and she ruins the experience with everyone else the rest of the year.

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Up to 311 Light, and so the Warmind DLC so far has been challenging! The mission where you find a piece of the traveler? that was hard!!

But now, the next mission wants 350 recommended light? Maybe 340? I'm way below it and don't want to grind through it at such low light level. Can't do heroic strikes, so I don't really know what to do?

spronk

FPS noob
Up to 311 Light, and so the Warmind DLC so far has been challenging! The mission where you find a piece of the traveler? that was hard!!
But now, the next mission wants 350 recommended light? Maybe 340? I'm way below it and don't want to grind through it at such low light level. Can't do heroic strikes, so I don't really know what to do?

Do you own DLC #1, curse of osiris? If so go to Mercury and do the story campaign there, it should get you up to 330 or so I think. If not, you can grind public events on any planet (titan is pretty easy) and just keep equipping the blues that drop, you'll level a few light levels every hour until you hit 335 or so at which point the new story campaign (which only takes 1-2 hours) can be done pretty easy.

Crone

Do you own DLC #1, curse of osiris? If so go to Mercury and do the story campaign there, it should get you up to 330 or so I think. If not, you can grind public events on any planet (titan is pretty easy) and just keep equipping the blues that drop, you'll level a few light levels every hour until you hit 335 or so at which point the new story campaign (which only takes 1-2 hours) can be done pretty easy.
Oh yea, forgot about the public events. Thanks!

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What constantly bothers me about this IP is the huge disparity between story quality and lore quality. The lore is great, yet somehow they cannot seem to bring it into the game in a meaningful way. I played through the story again for my third character the other day and jesus h. christ it is awful. Not only is the main story meh, but the script itself is abysmal. It is truly bizarre that such a huge team cannot deliver on something where they have ample lore to build from.

Architecturally speaking though, the changes to the game via season 3 patch are finally bringing Destiny 2 closer to what it should have been at launch.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
they outsourced the entire warmind DLC to another company, Vicarious Visions, who spent the past year on it. Most of the Destiny 2 team is either on the fall xpac or Destiny 3.

Crone

Grinding public events is fucking terrible. Like shit is that mind numbing.

The gunplay is good enough, as everyone mentions, that I wish I had an active clan, and got into the strikes, and raids, etc, but don't have it. Not sure if anyone here has that, but if so, hit me up.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Escalation Protocol and the new Raid are a blast. Exotic weapon changes have been (mostly) good, along with the new catalysts for them. New modifiers on Heroic Strikes are a welcome, if somewhat painful, change.

Couple things:
Clan engrams are broken at the moment, do not collect them from Hawthorne, wait for the to auto-decrypt into your inventory. Otherwise they will not open at Powerful level.
Some of the quest rewards from Mars appear to be capped at 245 (Sleeper being one).
Vendors and drops give items based on your level.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heroic Strikes will start dropping loot up to 360 this coming week, or the next. A general fyi for those who have Curse of Osiris, but maybe not have run the campaign/milestones on all characters. I just ran it on my Titan and ended up getting a powerful engram, either during the campaign or one of the adventures; and the Milestone you are tasked with after the story (do all the adventures) also gives you a powerful engram reward (two items above your lvl).

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what's up with Escalation protocol loot? I made my first serious attempts of the event last night for a quest I was on and there were 6 of us total. One of our runs we got to the end of level 4 and it was insanely hard. We got no loot...nothing. Do you only get a chest to loot if you clear all 7 waves? If so, that's so dumb. We were getting killed at the end of wave 4 by some cool looking big knight things that were listed as 385 light (we were all in the 350's). We ended up just doing level 1 over and over until we had 10 for our quest step since the higher waves were so hard and had no incentives.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what's up with Escalation protocol loot? I made my first serious attempts of the event last night for a quest I was on and there were 6 of us total. One of our runs we got to the end of level 4 and it was insanely hard. We got no loot...nothing. Do you only get a chest to loot if you clear all 7 waves? If so, that's so dumb. We were getting killed at the end of wave 4 by some cool looking big knight things that were listed as 385 light (we were all in the 350's). We ended up just doing level 1 over and over until we had 10 for our quest step since the higher waves were so hard and had no incentives.
Correct. No special loot until the end of Wave 7. You get some loot, blues/tokens at wave 3 and wave 5. Bungie made a mistake with EP by making it "harder" to appease the streamers/tubers (mostly) who got to play it at their community summit, but without making it more accessible to larger groups of people. The original EP was designed to be done with a fireteam, like Court of Oryx / Archon's Forge, but the people at the summit thought that was too easy and wanted something more challenging. This is fine, but without an ingame way of getting people together for the event, it just creates a giant cluster. EP in its current form is meant to be the most challenging 3-man / max lvl encounter, and it is.. so most of the playerbase will want to go in with 6-9 people to have a better chance at winning. I saw a 3-man team (385's) get to wave 6 a couple times last night, looked like a really intense fight.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
That was a dumb knee-jerk reaction by Bungie. EP would still have been amazing tuned for a single fireteam. Instead it’s way too hard even if you manipulate instances to get 9 people and the loot is lackluster. If you can’t/don’t clear all 7 levels, what’s the point of doing the event? We did EP for over an hour, getting as far as the last wave of level 4, and in the end I got a few blue and purple engrams that randomly dropped, all decrypting well below my light level. Totally not worth it, but the event was fun (and super intense).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think waves 1-6 are static, that is they are always the same mobs / encounter (with a PE mixed in at times), while wave 7 changes each week. So learning what to expect, and making use of supers / void weapons / Valkyrie should make getting to wave 7 easier as time goes by. Biggest fault is accessibility being so limited. I read somewhere that Bungie was looking into how they could let fireteam members leave a team without going to orbit... that would amazing if they could get it to work.

Ladro

Anomaly
I have failed every single one I've tried. EP is stupid hard right now and the forced level gate doesn't help. Also, not being able to queue effectively with 9 people blows.

spronk

FPS noob
step 3 or 4 of sleeper stimulant quest requires you to do wave 1 three times (or if you can get to wave 4 i think it also works), did up to wave 2 a few times last night in rando post public event clusterfucks but yeah the whole thing seems dumb. since there's no way for me to really raid (i am not gonna bother with lfg sites) i don't even know why I'd want sleeper stimulant, or if its even any good in the raid

glad the streamers are happy i guess, they are the only ones who are still gonna be playing destiny in 2 weeks

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Just wait until people that do not reddit/watch how to vids complete wave 7 to find that they need a key to open the chest...

Damn shame the way they implemented it. I have 4 clears so far and it is a blast.