Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
It would be more balanced, and it would add a more tactical aspect to Invading, pretty simple. I understand your worries, if anything, I'm asking for a better reward for killing the Invader to at least come close to the reward for the Invader killing players.

Except you already have the ultimate incentive to kill the invader. The reward is your team can stay alive to finish the job and hopefully win.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is there an FOH PC guild? Went ahead an picked up the expansion and played some yesterday. Looks like I’ve got some leveling to do, currently at 335 power. Biggest thing they changed that was a kick in the balls was the economy with combining gear. Also, it doesn’t seem that I get near as many purple engrams from running PEs as it used to be.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there an FOH PC guild? Went ahead an picked up the expansion and played some yesterday. Looks like I’ve got some leveling to do, currently at 335 power. Biggest thing they changed that was a kick in the balls was the economy with combining gear. Also, it doesn’t seem that I get near as many purple engrams from running PEs as it used to be.
There is but it's pretty dead. I quit out and found some guilds that were still super active. Happened to be related to a streamer so it was all his followers but they were bad ass and ran me through raids and shit.

I'd suggest doing the same unless the guild has gotten a lot more active due to expansion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I took the day off as well to start playing once the expansion goes live. Im on PS4, my tag is JonnieRipps if anyone wants to add me to friends list. I am online pretty often and don't mind grouping up to knock out activities.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its better than vanilla. I don't care for the new Clan XP system though; this whole expansion just wants to push you into Crucible / Gambit.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
$40 for an expansion seem a little pricy. I am going to have to watch a few streams to see if it is worth it.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is more like a reboot. The ending of the main campaign could have been pretty badass... but nope. Maaaaybe they will do what I'd hope they would with the campaign once I get to the Dreaming City.

I did like how they handled the campaign though, it wasn't just mission after mission after mission, unless you count Adventures as "story missions".

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I loved D2 at launch, but got burnt out fast at max level. I skipped the first 2 DLC. I want to buy Forsaken. Do I need to get the first 2 DLC, or can I skip them? Is there any worthwhile reason to get them anymore? Don't feel like shelling out a ton of money to come back to a fixed D2.

Ladro

Anomaly
Finished campaign, hit 50 and unlocked the Dreaming City attunement. Great story and there is a metric ton of shit to do, I’m actually impressed. They did a good job with this one.

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, is it just me or does Cayde sort of feel out of place when it come to this universe? I understand the need for occassional comic relief, but it's like they're going for a PG version of Deadpool w/ the dude. Maybe I'm just an asshole, I dunno. D1 lore had such a mystique to it. Continuously hoping they'll figure out how to write a decent campaign w/ all that talent. Oh well. Not really complaining, just a minor annoyance. Overall much better than vanilla D2 for sure. I knew immediately w/ in about 3 hours of playing D2 that it was gonna be mediocre. Forsaken I'm not getting that vibe just yet and have put in roughly 10+ hours.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
So I loved D2 at launch, but got burnt out fast at max level. I skipped the first 2 DLC. I want to buy Forsaken. Do I need to get the first 2 DLC, or can I skip them? Is there any worthwhile reason to get them anymore? Don't feel like shelling out a ton of money to come back to a fixed D2.

I have seen deals around that have all of the DLCs for not much more than the 40 for Forsaken. If you can get those I think it would be worth it for completeness.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
We are having a blast. Unlocked Dreaming city so far. Weapon and armor changes are pretty amazing, I never played D1 so I am seeing what all the fuss has been about. New supers are crazy. I am playing Stormcaller first, I crack up every time I fire it off :D

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We are having a blast. Unlocked Dreaming city so far. Weapon and armor changes are pretty amazing, I never played D1 so I am seeing what all the fuss has been about. New supers are crazy. I am playing Stormcaller first, I crack up every time I fire it off :D
Yea, lol. I'm not a huge fan of the change of PoV for using the beam o death, but it works. The ranged melee is going to make people salty in the Crucible. They need to tweak the Ionic Trace thing, it can get "lost" on its way to you sometimes.

I like all the new weapons I've gotten so far, but a Last Hope with Dragonfly is just amazing now that they buffed the dmg/radius of Dragonfly. Bows are pretty nice, higher dmg than a high impact Scout, but typically much lower than a Sniper, and far lower than a Linear. Feels like Linear's got a big dmg buff, the one I'm using is chunking bosses, like 20k-40k typical and 60k rarely (haven't used an actual high dmg sniper to compare though).

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

There is an edition that comes with everything you need, not sure which it is though. But you have to have the first 2 DLC to play Forsaken.

They went overboard with Cayde this expansion, they tried to hard to be Fillion and it's borderline slapstick. Voice is really messing with me too.

My jimmies were rustled with how many resources it takes to infuse gear/weapons, I did find a vendor that sells some of the mats but they didn't have the ones I need. I'm hoping another vendor pops up with the stuff I need otherwise fuck this infusion shit. Forcing a grind on planets just to infuse weapons seems like a really shit design choice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users