Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
NVIDIA driver dropped last night. The game felt a bit smoother today for me, but I am only on a 1060 3 gig card, so I did not notice anything specific.

Initial thoughts on PvP changes is that I like it, but some of the smaller maps do not do well with 6v6 IMO. TTK seems to be faster, but everyone got used to teamshotting that players are getting vaporized. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Ran Prestige Leviathan as well, ammo drops are weird. You seem to get a ton of Purple and Primary, but the special ammo seems low. Purple can drop off of anything now, instead of regularly on yellow bar mobs.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since I haven't played in months, coming back to this patch feels odd. When did they start allowing you to infuse mixed weapons? Like an Energy AR into an Energy SMG? Last time I played you needed to infuse an AR into an AR. Nice change. The new weapon slots are a bit strange too, where you can have a Kinetic weapon using Special ammo, or an Energy weapon using Primary ammo. Haven't seen a Power weapon using non-Heavy ammo yet though.

Are there more Bounties somewhere aside from the Vanguard Strikes / Crucible ones? My inventory had 3 items to do Story missions, are these the always automatically placed in your inventory now? I know they removed the Meditations, but the notes mentioned a "playlist" which I didn't see in the Director.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
mkopec mkopec posted the patch notes, it should explain some of what you are asking. This patch is in preparation for Forsaken. It has changes to nearly everything. More bounties will be available next week.

As far as the story missions, check the planets and look for icons for the missions, seems like you hadn't completed something previously.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only milestones that I saw yesterday was the mars flashpoint, and the clan exp maybe the nightfall, but I did not do it so it might be. Probably have to wait till next week for the other ones. Crucible one is gone, strike one is gone too. I dont see the raid one either, but didnt look too hard.

Im also hearing the flashpoint is 2x a week now from reddit. Not sure if correct, but I hear it moves to another planet in a few days.

Seems to be kind of a dead week. Not really much to do other than fuck around in crucible to check out the new.

Other things I found is they fucked with infusion. It now costs like 20 shards and 10 planetary mats to infuse. So be careful and read the print before mindlessly infusing shit. I know people have thousands of shards saved up right now but planetary mats will come into play like D1, where we had to go around and farm mats to upgrade items. Not sure why they made this change TBH. I know now they got rid of tokens and everything rewards planetary mats, so I guess thats good. But last night I wanted to infuse my boots on my Warlock and was missing the mats, so this really reminds meof the early days of D1, where we saw everyone on their sparrows mindlessly doing circles on the moon to farm mats.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The planetary stuff is going to be annoying if they don't add a vendor like they had in D1. I've got like 5 weapons I need to infuse now and I can't due to not having the mats.

I'm hoping strikes/nightfalls get harder next week or have a harder mode for them, right now they are a joke and this worries me since I love doing strikes.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Strike and Crucible Weekly moved directly to those activities. If you open the Director, it has an icon next to them. They auto-decrypt when you finish instead of having to go to Zavala or Shaxx. The planetary milestone, you talk to the planetary contact (Ana this week). Ana is handing out Forsaken gear. I cannot equip mine till I get to level 35.

Planetary mats are pretty easy to get. Chests out in the world, chests from PE and Patrols all give 4 Planet Mats each. If you happen to have Regional chests anywhere, you get 14 or so. I have not checked Lost Sectors yet to see how many you get from them. Got 200 on Io just dicking around last night for about 45 minutes or so.

The new Strike difficulties kick in next week along with all of those changes.

I am just in farm mode for mats this week.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone still playing this game on PS4 that would have a spot open on raid teams? My raid group has disabanded and I would like to find a somewhat regular group to raid with.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got a shotty last night from Ana that is crazy. Smallbore, plus some other range perk I forget the name, The range bar on it looks like a fucking sniper, 3/4 maxxed, lol. My titan got a chest plate from her.

I heard the strikes will be now 400 LL and 500 LL from some stream they had, I just hope they are heroic, because, yeah, the strikes I did last night were a joke. But this does seem like a dead week with shti to do other than crucible to try out shit. And even then its all for naught because without the new weapons and gear, its all new crucible with old shit.

spronk

FPS noob
did any huge glitches come out of the major patch, usually there is at least 1-2 glitch that lets you get some shit for free

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
mkopec mkopec posted the patch notes, it should explain some of what you are asking. This patch is in preparation for Forsaken. It has changes to nearly everything. More bounties will be available next week.

As far as the story missions, check the planets and look for icons for the missions, seems like you hadn't completed something previously.
Yea, the mission cards I see in my inventory are for the planetary "world quests" I had not finished yet.

What loot have you got from doing the 1 Strike milestone? The icon seems to indicate a normal legendary, but so far for the two characters I've ran it on, they have gotten light lvl+ rewards (possibly 2 instead of 1, can't confirm that).

Also, for the Bounty rewards, is it just RNG on what you get from the list that is shown on the Bounty card? None of the 6 or so I've completed have given anything other than tokens.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Exotics: Newly dropped armor have new perks on them, so check them out before dismantling them.

The New Strike tier is 200 400 500 (numbers might be off but that is the general idea). Once you reach a new tier you do not go back. They will be in the game Tuesday.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a FoH I guild on PC? If so, could someone boot someone else to make room? The FoH II guild is as dead as dead can be.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, the mission cards I see in my inventory are for the planetary "world quests" I had not finished yet.

What loot have you got from doing the 1 Strike milestone? The icon seems to indicate a normal legendary, but so far for the two characters I've ran it on, they have gotten light lvl+ rewards (possibly 2 instead of 1, can't confirm that).

For Strikes I got Vanguard loot auto decrypted that were lvl 380 (max I can get, till next week)

Also, for the Bounty rewards, is it just RNG on what you get from the list that is shown on the Bounty card? None of the 6 or so I've completed have given anything other than tokens.

I have not been paying attention to Bounties, they seem to update every day though.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Apparently there is a bug giving forsaken armor before the patch if you do the flashpoint.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Tip for Farming mats. Go into an area wearing a ghost that finds chests/mats and a sniper rifle. Zoom in on sniper and you can see where the chests are located from much further away.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users