Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Its not about the mats, yo can go to a planet and collect 30-50 ez in 30 min by doing bounties and just driving around. Its about those master work cores. I only had like 30 or so going into this expansion and they are all gone, and also had not had one masterwork purple drop in that time frame and I have 2 characters to 50 and 510 light.
You can get masterwork cores from non-fully masterworked year 2 items.

You can also buy them from the Spider for other mats.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can get masterwork cores from non-fully masterworked year 2 items.

You can also buy them from the Spider for other mats.
You can also get a consumable item from dismantles which gives you a buff that gives you a chance at getting a Core from powerful enemies, and it lasts until you get one.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know all that shit. What? Do you think I'm some noob? What I'm saying they are too fucking rare, and some items want like 3-4 per upgrade. They need to add a grindable source to the game or just have them be a rareish drop from bosses or some shit. It's nice they added the spider thing but the price of shards increases every time you buy one, and there is no way 1 if those cores is worth 40+ shards. If you notice, they made purps rare across the board. Before you would get 2 sometimes per public event. So by your 3rd shard you buy from spider, 40 shards, that's 14 purples you are dismantling. I understand they want people to try out new shit, but people still like their favorites. People will probably have different sets of gear for over, pvp, and now I'm betting there will be raid specific perks too. That's a lot of shit to upgrade. I already have a few pieces with right perks, but im afraid to upgrade them because I have little cores left.

Another thing... no one is doing public events now because they drop nothing. Even the mats it only drops 2. You are better off putting on a ghost and go hunting for chests which drop 2 as well.

I heard fags like Gothalion go over this shit on one of his streams while I was at work. Someone was bitching about the core thing and it seems like they told bungie at some event meetup to do this. But lets not forget, streamers like him and datto and other fags play this shit for a living and have literal 1000s of these things banked already. I saw datto had like 6K shards and 1K cores. Plebs like me dont.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I know all that shit. What? Do you think I'm some noob? What I'm saying they are too fucking rare, and some items want like 3-4 per upgrade. They need to add a grindable source to the game or just have them be a rareish drop from bosses or some shit. It's nice they added the spider thing but the price of shards increases every time you buy one, and there is no way 1 if those cores is worth 40+ shards. If you notice, they made purps rare across the board. Before you would get 2 sometimes per public event. So by your 3rd shard you buy from spider, 40 shards, that's 14 purples you are dismantling. I understand they want people to try out new shit, but people still like their favorites. People will probably have different sets of gear for over, pvp, and now I'm betting there will be raid specific perks too. That's a lot of shit to upgrade. I already have a few pieces with right perks, but im afraid to upgrade them because I have little cores left.

Another thing... no one is doing public events now because they drop nothing. Even the mats it only drops 2. You are better off putting on a ghost and go hunting for chests which drop 2 as well.

I heard fags like Gothalion go over this shit on one of his streams while I was at work. Someone was bitching about the core thing and it seems like they told bungie at some event meetup to do this. But lets not forget, streamers like him and datto and other fags play this shit for a living and have literal 1000s of these things banked already. I saw datto had like 6K shards and 1K cores. Plebs like me dont.
I think you can get 1 per day for 10 shards from Spider. Probably worth 20 shards for a second per day. 40 shards is probably too much.

I think the new loot economy is much better overall. Legendaries are sufficiently rare and ones with good rolls are actually worth finding.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You're not the Core playerbase that Bungie is pandering too with this xpac.

Anyone else notice that PvP related activities drop higher powerlvl gear than any PvE stuff? Like blues from a Strike or PE drop at 502 for me, but in Crucible or Gambit, blues drop at 507. I'm now about 95% sure they only way to get Seeds of Light will be from T2 Blind Well (RNG), and it is pretty RNG to find people in Blind Well by walking in. Limiting the attainment of Class abilities in that way just feel wrong.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Seed of light drops for your 2nd super in Blind Well Tier 2, 3rd will be in Tier 3 as I understand it. People should be running Tier 3 next week as levels get in range to damage (if they are already not being done).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are already running it due to a glitch posted on Reddit. You can basically skip all the trash waves and get straight to the boss in only a few minutes or less. Have everyone a Telesto and shoot the object in your safe-zone. The game thinks that each Telesto projectile is an "enemy", so when they all explode, you get credit for kills. You just burn through those trash waves without killing mobs.

Bungie is infected with SJW-ism, but not as bad as other game studios, for now.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Still need to be able to do damage to the boss though, so LL is still a thing no?

Fadaar

That guy
Gambit is pretty fucking cool. Also, if you're going for Ace of Spades and on the Gambit step (which is basically the first step) it's invader kills on people invading YOUR area, not when YOU invade. Got 5 kills one match while invading and I was rather confused that I made no progress.

Hosix

All labs matter!
You're not the Core playerbase that Bungie is pandering too with this xpac.

Anyone else notice that PvP related activities drop higher powerlvl gear than any PvE stuff? Like blues from a Strike or PE drop at 502 for me, but in Crucible or Gambit, blues drop at 507. I'm now about 95% sure they only way to get Seeds of Light will be from T2 Blind Well (RNG), and it is pretty RNG to find people in Blind Well by walking in. Limiting the attainment of Class abilities in that way just feel wrong.

They definitely are pushing everyone to do activists instead of random shit. I get two prime engrams a day. No more. I have one new exotic. The exotic reward for some quest was my 4th darci in a month.

The cores thing is annoying. Those of us who don’t live in this game are lucky to have enough for infusions.

The RNG keeps giving me sidearms with great perks. Kill clip and outlaw....but fuck I hate sidearms. I finally got a 4 shot burst with that ammo overflow assassin one.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
I got some exotic sword last night, first exotic in over 30 hrs gameplay.

It’s disappointing to get 4 Darci’s. The rng should favor something I don’t have. Darci was 508....infused into a 500 shotgun. It used give you over the number the exotic was. Not no mores. I are 😞

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They definitely are pushing everyone to do activists instead of random shit. I get two prime engrams a day. No more. I have one new exotic. The exotic reward for some quest was my 4th darci in a month.

The cores thing is annoying. Those of us who don’t live in this game are lucky to have enough for infusions.

The RNG keeps giving me sidearms with great perks. Kill clip and outlaw....but fuck I hate sidearms. I finally got a 4 shot burst with that ammo overflow assassin one.
Get a Last Hope with Dragonfly, it is so good.

Still need to be able to do damage to the boss though, so LL is still a thing no?
You only need to be about 515 to make the T3 event have "skulls" instead of "??". The Lost Sector in Rheasilvia is 560, but you can kill shit easily while being 512+ (you just killed one shot by high dmg attacks, like the Taken Sniper shots / revenge bombs).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the plotline actually made sense, so thats a plus. Mind you it didn't really move the dial forward on the overarching plot but it does serve as a nice side excursion. I suppose having the darkness manifest itself in the form of the beholder thingy did move the needle forward a bit, but we are still in a weird place with respect to the traveler being awake but not having yet had his morning cup of coffee.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So got all 3 of my dudes to 50 and 515 ish. Best way I found is before you do the bosses, just level up your dude to 45 and you can use all those sweet guns you found with your first dude, and second dude for the 3rd. Makes the rest of the campaign a breeze. How to level? Well I found the best way is to do the stupid patrols. It awards 500 exp for about 3-5 min worth of work. Best are the kill ones and collect item ones. The ones that have a little clock on them are the scan ones and they usually make you leave the current area and go to some other place, they are easy too once you knock out the kill ones in an area, do the scan one which takes you to some other area , rinse repeat. i always kill the powerful enemies too if I see them, they also award 750 exp I think. And then of course if youre in the area and a PE pops, do it but those only give you 750 exp non heroic and 1000 heroic so definitely do the patrols while you wait. Opening chests gives you 150 exp too so dont forget about those when you see one.

Its funny when you actually pay attention to exp numbers you come to find how out of whack their exp balancing is. 500 for a stupid patrol that takes 2 min, killing 10 mobs, and 1000 exp for a heroic PE which takes multiple people and takes at least 10 min.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I like that you get a boost this expansion, didn't notice it til yesterday. Boosted a hunter that I hadn't played to 30. That was a nice addition.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
To add to what mkopec mkopec said

Best place for Exp right now is on Tangled Shore for leveling. Patrols and PEs are the way to go, the exp per kill seems higher than doing them on other planets, and you can get them done quick. Personally I did the leveling after the main chunk of story before opening the Dreaming City. Got some bounties done at the same time. Fireteam medallion or an Exp ghost helps too.

Hosix

All labs matter!
So apparently you can glitch your way to a raid chest? Saw some videos. Lots of jumping and sword swinging.

Excellent work Bungie. Even more excellent to say fuck it and not fix it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a Way of a Thousand Cuts Hunter? While leveling mine, I noticed that -sometimes- I could could just keep throwing multi-knives over and over, before the skill had reset. Then other times, nope, just once. I can't tell what is going on. Does there need to be burning mobs around for me to continue throwing knives?

Hosix

All labs matter!
Anyone have a Way of a Thousand Cuts Hunter? While leveling mine, I noticed that -sometimes- I could could just keep throwing multi-knives over and over, before the skill had reset. Then other times, nope, just once. I can't tell what is going on. Does there need to be burning mobs around for me to continue throwing knives?

I went with the dual knife guy....kind of meh. If I can get another seed I was gonna go the way you did.